298.8 Miles Yesterday

• Had a bud on his GoldWing stay at the house Friday night, drank a little bourbon and planned a ride thru Tennessee into N Carolina and then south into Georgia. Before we headed out I made contact with another bud from Georgia and he met us about 80 miles into the ride in Hiwassee GA. Had lunch at the "SandBar" open restaurant overlooking Chatuge Lake. From there we headed south on RT 288 to RT 17 just NW of Helen GA we continued SW on Rt 75 over to Rt 129 just north of Cleveland GA and then west to Rt 19, (south end of Blood Mtn), and then north on Hwy 60, stopping for a break at T.W.O., (Two Wheels of Suches | Motorcycle Campground & Lodge in Suches, Georgia). My bud from Gainesville, GA headed back home from T.W.O. and my other friend and I stayed on 60 all the way back into Tennessee, back across the Ocoee road and home. 298.8 miles later I was backing into the garage. I started with a full tank of gas and I planned on filling back up about 2 miles from my house but everyone was out of gas, (FOOKING HORDERS!). Soooooooo I headed up the mountain to Mary's Ridge and just before I turned into my driveway the SS started to sputter a bit. It picked back up and as I said I got it into the garage. What a beautiful day! Well, aside from almost running out of gas, (FOOKING HORDERS!), or did I already say that. Got a chance to test out my new hydration system and it worked pretty good and the new Michelin's stuck to the road like glue through the twisty's. Who'd a thunk the SS would go almost 300 miles on a tank. The digital mileage readout said 30.2 mpg when I got home so that would be pretty close to correct. Anyway, looking forward to more adventures this summer. I've got plenty of video too which I might download later this morning. Stay tuned!

"TheDonFather"

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I really like the rear view I think it is better then your low front camera view. Nice videos. I haven't done any in a while.

Yeah, I moved the front camera because I wasn't that in love with it either.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos