The local Chamber of Commerce is scheduling the annual Wine Festival for Saturday April 10th
The VA DOT will no longer have this event on the bridge crossing the lake so the event has been moved into town. We have been asked to have a Slingshot Cruise in on the street in front of the Wine festival.
We are still waiting on final decisions regarding outdoor gatherings from our Governor King Ralph. As the regulations stand right now we could not hold any events. But e are going to get organized in hope of more flexible restrictions.
I am still working on gathering sponsors and arranges rides. We will have Plan "A" which will be an event entered around the Wine Festival.
Plan "B" where we will be rebels of a sort!
Plan "A" will look something like this
- we will be working with our good friends at Brewer Cycles to organize a ride and lunch.
- Welcome dinner sponsored by CEDA later in the evening
- Early start for a quick ride and breakfast
- then head into town by 11 am to get set up before they close the street 12p -5P is the wine Festival
- 7:30 - ? we will meet at the Flying Pig Ranch for some BBQ / Wrenching / Sitting around the fire pit telling lies
- Morning ride for brunch
- say our farewells and make sure everyone gets home safely
The Magnuson Hotel was recently sold so things are a bit confusing.
Rates are $99 for either a king or a twin based on availability
Please call 434 374 5023 directly - DO NOT USE THE 800 #
I will keep everyone updated as I get more information!
We do have one request for all that attend - we would like this to be as Patriotic as possible showing support for our Military, Police, Fire, Rescue Workers and all First Responders.
Hope to see you all there!
- 123hotdog (2 People)
- Bear (3 People)
- Bill Martin (2 People)
- Bradshaw's SS CoPilot (2 People)
- ericastar76 (2 People)
It’s been too long... we will be there!
- Geezer106 (2 People)
Yahoo. Can’t wait to see our old friends. Thanks Mitch for making this happen
- MACAWS (2 People)
- Sling Cat (2 People)
- V-SHOT (2 People)