Noel's Sling with Hahn RaceCraft SST Boost: The Next Step!

• Well, I know that eagle doesn't make rods for the 2.4 so those must be for the 2.2 which means they are a but longer than stock, so your piston had to get the pin hole repositioned higher on the piston.

If that is the case, that build is the exact same one I came up with lol

Did you guys do anything to the valve train?

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• You are correct. Those are 2.2 rods. I like them better because they are longer and that helps rod angles. The pistons have to use what they call ring savers due to the wrist pin being up in the oil control ring. This is due to the longer rod. No bad side effects though. Most V8 stroker engines have the same thing.

Yes the valve train was slightly upgraded. Just a good set of springs and titanium retainers.

• Ok so great mind think alike lol. What springs are you using? I went with zzp's springs with titanium retainers.

My only issue is that once installed I find they are very very close to the head "bridges" where their is a machined path its too close, I will need to take the valves out again and grind some material off to get more clearance. Not much but I assume that the springs must move a bit when the engine is running and if it rubs it will end being a disaster lol.

When you install the rods, are you using a stretch gauge or just torque?

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Springs are the ZZP 82#. They are the only ones that fit with no machine work. I have not seen an issues with them rubbing on the head even though they are very close. I am running some Patriot springs on my 2.2 and they are even smaller. Bad news is that you can't get them any more. They are a dual spring as well.

No stretch gauge for the rod bolts. I hope you have the ARP-2000 bolts in yours (stamped on the head of the bolt). If not, I would get a set. Just TQ them to I believe 43 ft lbs, let them sit over over night and TQ again. Be sure to TQ in 2 steps as well. First pass to 30, 2nd to 43.

• Yeah the springs I got are the 82 but I find they are VERY close... Like piece of paper close.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• hard to get a good shot but this is what I mean: