Installed the Tallboy +2 from Allthingsslingshot.com last night. Got to say...I really dig it. I like being able to look through the windshield instead of just under the top of the windshield. Even though there is only a gap that is from 1/2" in the middle to about 1" on the corners to my Twist Top Frame...I still get a good amount of airflow.
It took me about 45 min to swap the Tallboy +2 to the base of the NASCAR windshield. Pretty simple swap:
- Remove the windshield from the Slingshot.
- 10mm wrench for the backside.
- Allen wrench for the front (forgot to grab the size).
- Remove 11 screws. Line up the new taller windshield.
- Put screws back in.
- Mount base and new windshield back on to the Slingshot
- I am paranoid so I drilled the glass to mount the shield to the center bracket post. (Not needed, kev provides another option.
I am tempting Mother Nature today to dump down on me so I can give a review of how it handles the rain.
If it's not too much trouble, could you post some pics taken from the side to give us a better idea about clearances? I've beem thinking about ordering the Tallboy +2 for a while now, but would like to see some clearance pics. Thanks in advance.