How to sell a SlingShot?

• I was checking out eBay and see where sellers are apparently parting out their SlingShots? I suspect that these SlingShots have met some untimely demise, but If these sellers are actually getting the asking prices for these parts, even for damaged parts, they are most definitely doing very well for themselves? Makes me think that when the time comes to sell our SlingShot it could be almost profitable to do it piece by piece?

Bill

• A lot of Slingshots sold for salvage end up with their parts being listed on EBay to reach the widest audience. The Angle Drive in that EBay listing clearly came from a wrecked Slingshot judging from all of the dirt that seemed to be stuck to the Angle Drive.

My 2015's Angle Drive started making a super loud whine/grinding noise last year at around 58K miles after I replaced the lube for the second time. I thought I had enough lube added when I started seeing it flow out the fill hole as soon as I added lube, but I now think it was about 1/4 qt low and the lube I was adding was hitting the gear and getting directed back out of the fill hole, because I later used a narrower tube that fit between the edge of the gear and the housing and was able to add more lube. Unfortunately, the damage seems to have already been done and the noise hasn't lessened.:cursing: I had originally planned to just drive it until it broke, but the noise is getting to me and I don't want to end up in a situation where I can't find a replacement unit and decided to go ahead order a new Angle Drive for my 2015 Slingshot from Ronnie'sMailOrder. They had it listed for the same price as most other parts sellers ($1560), but when I added the Angle Drive to my cart, the price was $1372.79 with FREE shipping and projected delivery between March 24 and April 1. Now to wait and see if they can deliver.

• H a s anyone noticed the price of older years are not going down so much anymore after the engine change? Ive been looking at the same 17 model year as mine from sellers around and ghey are going for the same price I paid for mine 2 years ago still.

• H a s anyone noticed the price of older years are not going down so much anymore after the engine change? Ive been looking at the same 17 model year as mine from sellers around and ghey are going for the same price I paid for mine 2 years ago still.

I dont follow used prices, but I can understand why some shoppers might find the years with the GM 2.4 to be desirable due to their long track record as a reliable motor - - and also the ease of finding parts if necessary

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• It seems that no one wants a 2015 with 100,000 miles at a very good price. I am just about to the point of keeping Sling I and selling Sling II that has just over 10,000 miles on it but then again the insurance for both per year is around $650. I would rather sell the Harley

• It seems that no one wants a 2015 with 100,000 miles at a very good price. I am just about to the point of keeping Sling I and selling Sling II that has just over 10,000 miles on it but then again the insurance for both per year is around $650. I would rather sell the Harley

Have you considered selling a kidney instead? :thumbsup:

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• I have had very little interest in mine. I think some of that is because of the price point, and some of it is because riding season isn't quite here yet. But if anyone knows anyone looking for a 4 Wheel conversion that is getting little use...send them my way. I will be happy to give you a nice referral bonus.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

I think they've reached their lowest point, which is good considering it's close to what I paid for my 2015.

I'm looking at asking anywhere between $15k to 17k for mine if I do sell...

• really don't have any plans to sell my Slingshot - so long as it still runs and so long as I am capable of riding I see no reason to let it go

Just about the only exception I can think of would be if my wife and I decided to spend the majority of our time in the Philippines - - the way people drive over there there is no way I would take the Sling.

Edit - now that I think about it even if we did go out of the country I would probably let my daughter watch over and drive the sling - only other person in the family that has the shifting skills and she would take care of it so I could use it when we were back :thumbsup:

• It would take an offer of 12k for my 2015 to get it out of my garage.

I figure its paid for and only costs me $350 a year for insurance.

I may not drive it much (6k miles), but it is there if I want to.

Now my attitude may change when the cyber truck is in production and my number comes close.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• It would take an offer of 12k for my 2015 to get it out of my garage.

I figure its paid for and only costs me $350 a year for insurance.

I may not drive it much (6k miles), but it is there if I want to.

Now my attitude may change when the cyber truck is in production and my number comes close.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That would be a little better deal than I got on Sling II (2016) with 10,000 miles and no mods

• Are Slingshots and their mods over priced?

I guess it all depends on what you use as you point of judgement

compared to other similar vehicles on the market the Slingshot is actually on the lower end dollar wise

And if you base the value on the amount of enjoyment it brings - - well for me its been one of the best deals in a vehicle I have ever gotten - - - seriously not many of the vehicles I have owned over the years have been such a joy to drive that I actually even like riding to work =O

value comes in many different flavors and in my view cant simply be compared on dollars alone

if thats all we cared about just think what you might be stuck driving?