Adventures in 2021

• Why couldn't Polaris have come out with the Slingshot sooner when I was younger and in better health so I could enjoy BEING there to enjoy the ride and not sitting home in pain watching it through the eyes of the fortunate ones? For years I was upset that I was born a tad too late to have been in the middle of the crazy 60's and being there when OLDIES weren't old and seeing hotrods from their early days. Now in my old age life does it to me again and this time I'm born to EARLY to be in my prime when these first came out. I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyways as there probably wasn't enough extra cash to have enjoyed either "option if I had been offered the choice. So post away DER, as seeing these adventures do some pf us much good as it does to you guys being there in person

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Why couldn't Polaris have come out with the Slingshot sooner when I was younger and in better health so I could enjoy BEING there to enjoy the ride and not sitting home in pain watching it through the eyes of the fortunate ones? For years I was upset that I was born a tad too late to have been in the middle of the crazy 60's and being there when OLDIES weren't old and seeing hotrods from their early days. Now in my old age life does it to me again and this time I'm born to EARLY to be in my prime when these first came out. I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyways as there probably wasn't enough extra cash to have enjoyed either "option if I had been offered the choice. So post away DER, as seeing these adventures do some pf us much good as it does to you guys being there in person

I've always thought I was born 200 years too late. I should have 'rode west' on a horse (I do NOT like horses), claimed my square mile and built me an existence. I wouldn't have missed internal combustion (and cell phones and internet, etc. etc.) because it wouldn't have been invented. Back then your world was what was immediately around you and you took from it what you produced. I think I would have thrived.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• DER it looks like everything is going as planned. I sure wish I could have worked into your ride but your most westerly point is still well east of me. It looks like your having the time and trip of your life! We will be taking a scenic boat ride on the Missouri River this Monday in western Montana but that is as far east as we'll get on our trip.

Your not just racking up the miles but also the memories. Enjoy the moment and your friendships. It doesn't get any better than this! Safe travels my friend!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @Funinthesun My back and knees hurt so bad I often can't sleep and just walking first thing in the morning is hard. But when I get in my Slingshot I no longer notice that pain. The seat seams to help my back and as it is a auto my knees get a rest. Getting old sucks but it is better then the alternative.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• @Funinthesun My back and knees hurt so bad I often can't sleep and just walking first thing in the morning is hard. But when I get in my Slingshot I no longer notice that pain. The seat seams to help my back and as it is a auto my knees get a rest. Getting old sucks but it is better then the alternative.

I have the same problem. It is really cutting into what I want to do now

• Made it a short day as I plan for a long day tomorrow starting our journey home. Came back to Rapid city to spend the night and round up the posse before heading out in the morning. Now here's a few pics from yesterday

the above are from southern Montana's Big Horn Canyon

and this one was just because of the dirt road on a major route

• Last nights accommodations were a converted grain mill which was quite fitting because when we stay in Stockport each year it's in an old Mill along the river which has been converted to a hotel.

and had to include these signs from a gas station rest rooms

• Biggest mileage day of the trip!!!

I split from the posse today in hopes of making it a two day run to home. I spent the afternoon trying to stay ahead of the rain which I mostly accomplished. It started to rain here in Davenport just as I finished covering the sling. That's 775 miles today which leaves me 515 to do tomorrow . Hopefully it won't be in the rain but odds aren't in my favor.

• [quote='DER','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9979-adventures-in-2021/&postID=355737#post355737']

Biggest mileage day of the trip!!!

I split from the posse today in hopes of making it a two day run to home. I spent the afternoon trying to stay ahead of the rain which I mostly accomplished. It started to rain here in Davenport just as I finished covering the sling. That's 775 miles today which leaves me 515 to do tomorrow . Hopefully it won't be in the rain but odds aren't in my favor.

[/quote]

And the Ironman award goes to DER!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• And the Ironman award goes to DER!

No iron man here . I have driven to Florida many times in 24 hours but I was younger then :00008359:. Made it home today mostly dry.

I got a early start and was able to stay ahead of the storm but still hit a couple of showers. Took this pic when I pulled in the garage

Awesome trip!!!

• [quote='DER','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9979-adventures-in-2021/&postID=355769#post355769']

And the Ironman award goes to DER!

No iron man here . I have driven to Florida many times in 24 hours but I was younger then :00008359:. Made it home today mostly dry.

I got a early start and was able to stay ahead of the storm but still hit a couple of showers. Took this pic when I pulled in the garage slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/125363/

Awesome trip!!!

[/quote]

Much different in sling than a car, for sure.
    Very nice trip.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• A few numbers, 8 states, 8days, 3801 miles,

27 gas receipts totaling 144.77 gallons for a average mpg of 26.25. I'm pretty good with that considering the top I'm running and the speeds I was running and if you're wondering about fuel cost the total for the trip was 543.35 . The memories we made

Priceless! Gotta thank ThomSS for inviting us to join his most excellent adventure. He did the planning and I just showed up and rode so thanks brother !

• Thank you for sharing your trip with pics. I hope to do the same for our epic adventure in September. Looks like you had great weather until heading home but you made it and y’all are safe. Just asking for a friend, what were the hotels like, I mean expensive ,crowded , or just plan fantastic?

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Boomer , the rooms were booked months in advance. The ones who booked earliest got the best rates. The one night that wasn't pre planned cost the most but was due to two different things going on in town that weekend. I guess it pays to plan ahead!

Hope you guys have a great and safe trip to share with us all !

• South Dakota rest area

This rest area was at Chamberlain S,D,

Here's a couple more pics from there

First the statue from behind and then the Missouri river that it stands above

Also a Minute Man missile museum was on the opposite side of the interstate but didn't make time to tour it.

Another rest area find was this marker near Blue Earth Minnesota

Had I done my homework I could have gotten a pic of the jolly green giant in Blue Earth also.