Adventures in 2021

• I'm Starting this thread to share our adventures this summer and possibly for others to share their adventures. We'll be kicking off the season with a trip to Florida. We'll be leaving in the morning (3/13) and trailering down and using Sarasota as home base. From there most of the state is within a four or five hour ride so who knows where we might be spotted. I'm open to suggestions from the locals on things to see or do. The Everglades is already on the list and I know about the Sarasota slingshot event but what else should we see or do with only a week to explore ? Here's the first pic, the sling is loaded and ready slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/119807/

.................Let the adventures begin 😎...............

• [quote='DER','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9979-adventures-in-2021/&postID=342072#post342072']

I'm Starting this thread to share our adventures this summer and possibly for others to share their adventures. We'll be kicking off the season with a trip to Florida. We'll be leaving in the morning (3/13) and trailering down and using Sarasota as home base. From there most of the state is within a four or five hour ride so who knows where we might be spotted. I'm open to suggestions from the locals on things to see or do. The Everglades is already on the list and I know about the Sarasota slingshot event but what else should we see or do with only a week to explore ? Here's the first pic, the sling is loaded and ready slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/119807/

.................Let the adventures begin 😎...............

[/quote]

Hey Der
    I’m hour south of Sarasota and we have fun rides planned. You really need to go east of 75 to get in old Florida roads. Pm me if you wants some maps or what to meet along the way. We have several guys in port Charlotte that ride. Scooter trash from Indiana stays down for winter too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Hey Der

I’m hour south of Sarasota and we have fun rides planned. You really need to go east of 75 to get in old Florida roads. Pm me if you wants some maps or what to meet along the way. We have several guys in port Charlotte that ride. Scooter trash from Indiana stays down for winter too.

Thanks for the reply, would like to meet as many as possible in the short time I'll be there. Would especially like to check out your awesome ride. As for scootertrash I don't know if he'll ride with me again 🙄

• I will say year before last we had the thought to ride from Nashville down to Florida and take A1A down to the keys. While we didn't get to take our own, we did end up flying down to Miami for the weekend, renting a pair of Slingshots and riding down to key west for the day. While the path down is not eventful with turns and routes it's still enjoyable and even more so in a Slingshot.

• We meet at Applebee’s on Monday nights for the car show every week. It’s a free show and we get 3-12 slingshots there from 4-6 pm. Then we usually eat dinner and head out. It’s a nice relaxing evening with a lot of BS. When do u plan to arrive in Sarasota ?

• We meet at Applebee’s on Monday nights for the car show every week. It’s a free show and we get 3-12 slingshots there from 4-6 pm. Then we usually eat dinner and head out. It’s a nice relaxing evening with a lot of BS. When do u plan to arrive in Sarasota ?

I'll be in town sometime Sunday afternoon.

Applebees sounds like a good place to meet, is there more than one in Sarasota?

• Key west is nice. But it would take a minimum 2 days out of your trip. You would want to stay overnight to catch the sunset and boardwalk shows. It’s very expensive this time of year and a lot of the hotels require 2 nite stay. Or take the fast cat from fort Myers beach to KW in same day. You miss the sunset in KW but see it from the boat. Nice cruise by water.

• We were in Florida the end of Feb...
    Here's the Picture as were ready to head out...

We still had snow on the trailer when we got to Southern KY. Was good to get to some sun shine and had a chance to meet some new Slingshot riders and get to visit some really OLD Slingshot friends...

• EjFord Yes for me a Susan it was nice to meet some Slingshot owners. You and canegrinder are the first I have met. My dealer sells a lot of them but they must be in Jacksonville and I try to stay away from there. Think I have seen two other Slingshots since I bought mine other then Canegrinders.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• EjFord Yes for me a Susan it was nice to meet some Slingshot owners. You and canegrinder are the first I have met. My dealer sells a lot of them but they must be in Jacksonville and I try to stay away from there. Think I have seen two other Slingshots since I bought mine other then Canegrinders.

In a lot of areas 'Facebook' is the choice of the younger generation of Slingshot owners. No I don't do Facebook, but Georgia has a lot of people she sees on there.

• I do FB a lot as I keep in touch with friends I worked with. Being my last 14 years was with a school system a lot of those people were liberals and have dropped me off their friends list.

If the music is to loud you are to old.