Tire changing time - Pirelli?

• My Nitto 555s are reaching the end of their usefulness. Looking at replacing them with either:

1. Pirelli P Zeros, or
    2. Netto Motivos

I’m looking for both good grip AND improved wet performance. Comments or either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• [quote='dangerdarrell','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9963-tire-changing-time-pirelli/&postID=341269#post341269']

I went with Pirelli P zero. Love them.
    BTW, good to see you back!

[/quote]

Good to be back.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• I also went with Pirelli p-zeros (all weather). I did give up some of the straight line performance of the Cooper Zeon S3 I had on the back, but the improvement in damp & cold weather has been really dramatic.

Summer tires felt really unsafe when wet and lost at least half of their traction below 50 F. With P-zero's all around I feel I've really improved my ride in performance AND safety. Cornering is sooo much better now that I've ditched the Kendas up front as well!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• [quote='MACAWS','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9963-tire-changing-time-pirelli/&postID=341357#post341357']

I had very good luck with Bridgestone Potenza S-14 Pole Position.

[/quote]

How are they handling the wet?

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• Hey ya John

I've been running Pirelli P Zero Nero GT Summer tires, now this last set I went with Lexani LX Twenty because could get a whole set for about the price of one Pirelli rear 305/22. Lexani's are ok, but I'll be ponying up and going back to Pirelli. They handle sooooo good! I could really tell the difference in the sidewall give, First time I hit a twisty spirited with Lexani, wife looked over at me and said what happened... that didn't feel right. :D Definitely more lean with Lexani, Pirellis prolly stiffer sidewall due to being run flats. The Pirelli's handle pretty good on wet pavement. Only time I hydroplaned, was in a hard rain coming down the hill into Maggie from Cherokee. Definitely a pucker moment. =O Been in rain more than I care too and they have performed very well! EJ led us thru a monsoon in Arkansas, dangerdarrell prolly remembers.