The Pros the Cons The Good The Bad Tell me

• Pros: Best bank for buck fun you'll have for a long time.

Cons: Lot of bucks on mods after the initial purchase.

I do recommend doing the "Base" purchase and then adding what you want afterwards. Lots of after market parts available and you can build it a lot cheaper than any of the higher versions.

• The important number is the OTD (out the door) pricing.

When buying my Kia Soul, 2 dealers have the same "price", but there was $1k in difference with the OTD pricing.

My 2019 was listed as $19,999 my OTD was under $22k, they initially wanted closer to $25k.

• Pro: more fun driving than any vehicle you have ever owned.

Pro: You & your spouse will have the best times!

Pro: Loads of friends you haven't met yet all happy to lend a hand when you need it, and help you spend your spare cash on mods!

Con: 10-month a year vehicle in the best case. Not a daily driver unless you live in a *very* dry climate.

Con: You don't want to get caught in foul weather. If you travel, you may need a hotel (or friends!) to put you up for a bit.

Pro: If you bring good whiskey and baked goods, you will be welcome at almost any slinger's abode.

Pro/Con: If you show up at my place, you have to eat my cookin. Reviews are mixed, haven't been convicted of high kitchen crimes & misdemeanors... yet!

Recommendation: Dive in. The water's fine!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Thanks so far for all the input. I have been looking at used but everything I have ran across is very close to the price of this one new. Only thing I’m really concerned with is at some point putting on a top to help with the South Mississippi sun.

• Right off the git-go just a word of advice, if you think that you are purchasing an automobile, you probably will be greatly disappointed and rapidly become discontent with your purchase. If you understand motorcycles and are purchasing the SlingShot as an alternative to a motorcycle, you are going to thoroughly enjoy the SlingShot.

Bill

• The biggest drawback to the S model is the roll hoops are not the same design as the roll hoops used on the other models and do not support the use of a top or luggage racks. If you want the standard roll hoops to handle a top, it will cost around $930 or so, depending on where you buy them.

That said, if I were buying a 2021 Slingshot, I'd most likely go for the S model with the Performance Tune to get the same performance the R model has at a $10K savings. Even going with the S AutoDrive and adding the Paddle Shifters and the Perforfmance Tune, the price is still only around $23K or so and still leaves money left over for a sound system and other mods.

• Right off the git-go just a word of advice, if you think that you are purchasing an automobile, you probably will be greatly disappointed and rapidly become discontent with your purchase. If you understand motorcycles and are purchasing the SlingShot as an alternative to a motorcycle, you are going to thoroughly enjoy the SlingShot.

Bill

Bill

Thanks and yes I ha e been riding since about 10 hrs old. I’m 50 now and getting a sling instead of purchasing another touring bike. Sold my last bike when my son went to college. He is about to graduate so it’s time for “Me” fun again

• I see deals all the time on used - now how far your willing to drive / ship it from is the question :) If on Facebook they pop up in the sling groups all the time. Best of luck in your purchase - dive in like the others said we love ours!

I actually saw this one on Facebook earlier and not opposed to a 7 1/2 hr on way road trip. But again my dilemma that I am trying to think thru is yes this is a SL vs S with a top which is what I am wanting at some point. Is this a good deal compared to getting new one for 2k more. Also know one is Exotec and one is Polaris and that’s another big discuss from what I have been reading. I’m not in a all fired hurry but also think that the warmer that it gets the more the prices may go up but I could be wrong.

• The biggest drawback to the S model is the roll hoops are not the same design as the roll hoops used on the other models and do not support the use of a top or luggage racks. If you want the standard roll hoops to handle a top, it will cost around $930 or so, depending on where you buy them.

That said, if I were buying a 2021 Slingshot, I'd most likely go for the S model with the Performance Tune to get the same performance the R model has at a $10K savings. Even going with the S AutoDrive and adding the Paddle Shifters and the Perforfmance Tune, the price is still only around $23K or so and still leaves money left over for a sound system and other mods.

see this is exactly why I ask questions. One thing that I want is a top for the South Mississippi sun. So assuming that you are saying that it would cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of 2k to have a canvas top on the S model because of the tool hoops?

• I actually saw this one on Facebook earlier and not opposed to a 7 1/2 hr on way road trip. But again my dilemma that I am trying to think thru is yes this is a SL vs S with a top which is what I am wanting at some point. Is this a good deal compared to getting new one for 2k more. Also know one is Exotec and one is Polaris and that’s another big discuss from what I have been reading. I’m not in a all fired hurry but also think that the warmer that it gets the more the prices may go up but I could be wrong.

Majority of us here have the GM motor myself included so opinion maybe a bit biased. I do like being able to get my parts from any auto-parts store and since I knew I was going to mod it going used was way to go for me. That said seeing some that have mods I bought and are low mileage if that one has the roof you want already then that's makes that price even better. I would ask what about the polaris engine makes you want that over the GM? Mod wise if you are going to add things there are things in the works for the new motor, but a lot more ready to bolt onto the GM platform.

• Powelldb1, That FB listing doesn't look too bad at that price. Since it's likely out of warranty, you also don't need to worry about Poalris denying warranty work and blaming the problem on any mods you make.

It's also possible at least one of the Top manufacturer's will develop an attachment system for the S model.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I actually saw this one on Facebook earlier and not opposed to a 7 1/2 hr on way road trip. But again my dilemma that I am trying to think thru is yes this is a SL vs S with a top which is what I am wanting at some point. Is this a good deal compared to getting new one for 2k more. Also know one is Exotec and one is Polaris and that’s another big discuss from what I have been reading. I’m not in a all fired hurry but also think that the warmer that it gets the more the prices may go up but I could be wrong.

Make an offer!!!!

• Thanks so far for all the input. I have been looking at used but everything I have ran across is very close to the price of this one new. Only thing I’m really concerned with is at some point putting on a top to help with the South Mississippi sun.

I’m in MS and yes, you want a top. The sun is brutal at times. I resisted getting one, but realized that I was using the heat as an excuse not to ride. Working a long day in the heat and then sitting in the Slingshot for a 45 minute commute was becoming more difficult.
    I got my top and can tell that it will help a lot.
    Other than that, we have a long riding season and that makes an SS even more fun.
    I have been caught out in the rain, depending on the road you are on, it can get quite interesting. I don’t recommend it.
    Be ready for questions at every stop. Kids love the Slingshot, lots of adults do too.

• I’m in MS and yes, you want a top. The sun is brutal at times. I resisted getting one, but realized that I was using the heat as an excuse not to ride. Working a long day in the heat and then sitting in the Slingshot for a 45 minute commute was becoming more difficult.
    Other than that, we have a long riding season and that makes an SS even more fun.
    I have been caught out in the rain, depending on the road you are on, it can get quite interesting. I don’t recommend it.
    Be ready for questions at every stop. Kids love the Slingshot, lots of adults do too.

Riding in the rain ALWAYS turn OFF the traction controls. With the three wheels a little bump and water can cause problems. With them off YOU have control instead of the computer.

• I’m in MS and yes, you want a top. The sun is brutal at times. I resisted getting one, but realized that I was using the heat as an excuse not to ride. Working a long day in the heat and then sitting in the Slingshot for a 45 minute commute was becoming more difficult.

I guess you don't have motorcycles in MS..