Aluminum intake manifold

• I think you described it perfectly.

I am supercharged. I can't really lay into it until 3rd gear. At that point you are already moving along, and the boost is manageable. Same with downshifting with purpose, like passing or avoidance, the boost is there when you want it, and you expect it so it's manageable.

Having said all that, I got 3000 miles out of my last rear tire. I mean 3000 smiles. I had a blast.

• OK speaking strictly as a novice here I hear all this talk about being boosted and turbos...at the end of the day how do you get all that power to grip at the rear wheel? Are you lowering tire pressure? The slingshot is so light I can’t imagine how all that power can be usable or is it just finesse in how you use it? Inquiring minds would love to know🙂

Sticky Tires and like everything else you learn how it reacts and adjust your right foot habits. The sling is even more fun to drive with all that extra power.

Downside is rear tires get expensive, I eat one every 3-4K

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK speaking strictly as a novice here I hear all this talk about being boosted and turbos...at the end of the day how do you get all that power to grip at the rear wheel? Are you lowering tire pressure? The slingshot is so light I can’t imagine how all that power can be usable or is it just finesse in how you use it? Inquiring minds would love to know🙂

Sticky tires and lower air pressure help me. I run drag radials and full slicks all the time in the rear. Tire pressure depends on what I am doing. If I am cruising around town I usually have 18-20psi in the rear. It's usually about the same when running through the twisties. At 1/4 and 1/2mi events I'm usually around 8-10psi. My wheel actually started rotating inside the tire so now I run a bead lock rear wheel to prevent that. I also use electronic boost control to keep it planted. I can dictate how much boost it makes in each gear and break it down further in each gear also by engine RPM and wheel slip percentage. Like Mitch, I also go through 3-5 rear tires every season which ends up being a new one almost every month since we have such a short riding season in MI.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Understanding all this is like being in a line to get to the counter and when you get close you realize you’re at Disneyland and the line zigzags16 more times and you have a very very long way to go.
    For now the kindergarten goodies that I have on mine are just fine and like others it would probably be good for me to never sit in a boosted or turbo sling!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Understanding all this is like being in a line to get to the counter and when you get close you realize you’re at Disneyland and the line zigzags16 more times and you have a very very long way to go.
    For now the kindergarten goodies that I have on mine are just fine and like others it would probably be good for me to never sit in a boosted or turbo sling!

I think if you really want to get the power down a quad conversion would be the only real way - basically converting the sling into a race car - - - way out of any budget I could ever conceive, But I am sure it would be very fun

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think if you really want to get the power down a quad conversion would be the only real way - basically converting the sling into a race car - - - way out of any budget I could ever conceive, But I am sure it would be very fun

This is just my opinion but If I wanted a really fast boosted car with exceptional handling there are plenty of better options. The slingshot is a very unique vehicle and with some select mods handles exceptionally and does not need the 4th wheel. Adding boost will add a learning curve for driving habits and once you learn you can use the additional power you have. I think the magic number is between 300 - 350 hp more than that is not all that usable but some of us do it anyway.

Sorry I just think converting to look like a a car defeats the purpose

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This is just my opinion but If I wanted a really fast boosted car with exceptional handling there are plenty of better options. The slingshot is a very unique vehicle and with some select mods handles exceptionally and does not need the 4th wheel. Adding boost will add a learning curve for driving habits and once you learn you can use the additional power you have. I think the magic number is between 300 - 350 hp more than that is not all that usable but some of us do it anyway.

Sorry I just think converting to look like a a car defeats the purpose

don't get me wrong - I love my little three wheeled slingshot just the way it is - all I am saying is that I can sort of understand those who want a budget ariel atom - - one of the greatest things about the slingshot in my opinion is that it can be whatever a person wants it to be

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Me --- I will continue non boosted and put the money in the gas tank.... More smiles to the mile/$.

• It is hard enough avoiding a speeding ticket driving this thing I sure don't need it turbo charged. I pull out of my housing area on to the 45 mph four lane road and punch it just a little and by the time I look at the dash I am doing 55. Now I have to get off the gas and on to the brake and wipe the smile off my face.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I am moving up slowly from my Harley with just two wheels to a Slingshot with 3. If I wanted a four wheeler I would bought a car. So I don't feel intrigued at all to add a forth wheel. After all the Slingshot gets a lot of looks because it is a 3 wheeler. There is a lot of four wheelers on the road not that many 3 wheelers. More traction I don't need I am not breaking the rear wheel loose anyway.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I am moving up slowly from my Harley with just two wheels to a Slingshot with 3. If I wanted a four wheeler I would bought a car. So I don't feel intrigued at all to add a forth wheel. After all the Slingshot gets a lot of looks because it is a 3 wheeler. There is a lot of four wheelers on the road not that many 3 wheelers. More traction I don't need I am not breaking the rear wheel loose anyway.

(moving up slowly from my Harley with just two wheels to a Slingshot)

.......guess thats what ive been doing also the last 3 years because im still on my road glide but mostly in my slingshot...........80%/20% ratio i would say