Looking for pics of .........

• It is a very good read and interesting BUT the only issue i have is they dont add a pic or speak of the added extra strap across the chest attaching the shoulder straps together (guess thats why its called a 4.2 point harness)

to keep the straps over the shoulders , where they should remain.........i do understand the risks but as in everything, there are risks

......i do like my chances as oppose to being on a Goldwing with an AIRBAG....

• My girl friend often ask me how these Slingshot fair in accidents with cars and roll overs. I have no reply for her other then I my sure it is way better then when I was no my Harley. There are way fewer Slingshots on the road then motorcycles but you hear little about wrecks, and that is good. maybe it is because we are seen better by other drivers but these people using their cellphones while driving run it to cars and trucks.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• MADDMOE

Take any install pics by chance or any comments on it? I do like these and they'd go with my covers brand wise!

Totally get it on that article and I agree - I'm always cautious though of articles like that from the manufacture/designer and prefer the feedback to be more independent, but get it. In reading about helmet laws and then reading about wearing full size helmets and a seatbelt (neck/back injuries prone and why racecars have brackets to support head) - I'm nervous as hell about the full face my teen loves to wear vs the half helmets... I swear I could research myself into a corner and never leave the house for fear of everything though so have to balance that lol...

• My girl friend often ask me how these Slingshot fair in accidents with cars and roll overs. I have no reply for her other then I my sure it is way better then when I was no my Harley. There are way fewer Slingshots on the road then motorcycles but you hear little about wrecks, and that is good. maybe it is because we are seen better by other drivers but these people using their cellphones while driving run it to cars and trucks.

Good point I am going to tell my wife it is too dangerous for her and she should stay home.

Personally feel safer than if I was in one of those little cars like the smart car. I have no idea how that could be legal for highway use. I

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• MADDMOE

Take any install pics by chance or any comments on it? I do like these and they'd go with my covers brand wise!

Totally get it on that article and I agree - I'm always cautious though of articles like that from the manufacture/designer and prefer the feedback to be more independent, but get it. In reading about helmet laws and then reading about wearing full size helmets and a seatbelt (neck/back injuries prone and why racecars have brackets to support head) - I'm nervous as hell about the full face my teen loves to wear vs the half helmets... I swear I could research myself into a corner and never leave the house for fear of everything though so have to balance that lol...

When I first decided to ad 4 point harness I reached out to some of the guys who supply race equipment. What I understood (not sure I was correct) was that you needed support behind the shoulders. If you look at the 2 X images there is no seat behind the shoulder.

I also went for DOT belts. Most of what you see available are specifically labeled OFF ROAD USE. Again my understanding is it all has to do with the latch. Needed to be labeled quick release for recuse crews to identify in a wreck. My belts were $300 per side. The addition of the harness made my wife comfortable enough to ride with me all the time - I mean all the time

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I wear a full helmet when out on the open road but when Summer comes I probably will go back to the half helmet. I fear that in a head on or t bone the full helmet damage to my neck would be the least of my problems. I like riding with no helmet and that is ok in this state. I just don't feel right about no helmet after many years of having to have one on a motorcycle. heck now days they want you to wear one while riding a bicycle. As a kid I never wore one even jumping ramps. I don't know how us old guys survived.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• MADDMOE

....as far as installing em, i used my dremel & some sandpaper and also purchased some automotive black door trim, even though they are not sliding in & out , i wanted to make sure it was only against something smooth so as not to rub into the belt .....i was also thankful i didnt have to remove my TOP , thats why you see my air bags ...also my stock belts are just tucked under the cowling, so if i decide to go back to them i can .......

.....and the only issue i ran into was the OEM 2 bolts that the dealer must have taken off when they did the seatbelt recall and added longer bolts with a rig around the belt , so i went to home depot to get the bolts i needed even took one with me, checked the threads and came home and they didnt fit, went back to home depot again and got another set of bolts and again they didnt fit, so i took the long bolts and used my dremel to get the correct length i needed and its good now, everything torqued to specs

• Okay, I held off commenting on this long enough.

SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES. BETTER SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES BETTER.

The standard 3-point harness is the MINIMUM required by law. But in my accident, the seat belt did more damage to me than anything else. Yes, definitely less than the steering wheel would have, but my body twisted around the shoulder portion and tore me up that way. In SSs #2 & 3, I went with 4.2 point H-Harnesses on both (the H-Harness is the one with the strap across the sternum to keep the straps from falling off the shoulders). It would allow the 5th situation to work with stock seats.

Mounted them just like MADDMOE - top through the roll hoop mounts and bottoms through the seat mounting bolts. This may not be good for a taller person as the top strap needs to be close to horizontal so as not to compress the spine in an accident. I'm 6ft even but very tall in the torso so I would not suggest that top mounting point for anyone who sits taller than I do. You may have to buy the adjustable mounting bars to raise that top strap.

DJohnson : Tell your girlfriend these things are VERY safe. To put it simply, the tubular SS Frame is the same as an off road dune buggy. In my accident (front end t-bone, 55mph into the side of a Mustang), the engine and transmission dropped down and to the side. The front of the frame pushed back in more than a foot (look on the exhaust side - there's a frame bracket with a couple holes on it - that was more than a foot backward), and the passenger compartment side frame actually bowed OUT, away from the passenger. Any passenger with me would have been just fine (other than flying shrapnel).

Now for an unpopular opinion: Do not wear a helmet in the Slingshot without a HANS device. I am ABSOLUTELY convinced that if I was wearing a helmet, the extra weight of the helmet would have snapped my neck, a la Dale Earnhardt. Spine surgeons have confirmed it (I know there was an article about it a couple years ago - google it). I am not saying don't wear a helmet - I am saying make sure that you wear it correctly for the situation.

• My girl friend often ask me how these Slingshot fair in accidents with cars and roll overs.

DJohnson I got rear-ended at a stop light and shoved into the car in front of me and the frame sustained minimal damage. The Sling was totaled because I was able to show frame damage but it was minimal (almost non-existent). If it was an uninsured accident I would have had no problem fixing the machine and riding it but I didn't want a branded title. I was able to get off the brakes and get slightly angled before impact so that helped. I can tell you that if I was on a bike, it would have been on the ground and I would have been on the hood of the car next to me, but that's because I saw it coming in the rear-view. I feel that the biggest risk in this vehicle is a side impact so I am overly cautious entering intersections because of that. Same as a motorcycle.

I don't know how us old guys survived.

I do. We're tough as nails...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• .......WOW i like these new belts, got a chance to take it out today and felt secured to the seat.......

Do you have a seatbelt light with these, or how did you solve for the sensor under driver seat? Picked these up and plan to do as I need to pull at least driver seat one more time to wire amp with new cable. Thank You!

• Do you have a seatbelt light with these, or how did you solve for the sensor under driver seat? Picked these up and plan to do as I need to pull at least driver seat one more time to wire amp with new cable. Thank You!

.....just get you one of these to take care of that

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d…=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

• Do you have a seat-belt light with these, or how did you solve for the sensor under driver seat? Picked these up and plan to do as I need to pull at least driver seat one more time to wire amp with new cable. Thank You!

They make a jumper to take car of the light - have my 4 point harness and left the stock belts in place. I traced the end of the seat belt that clips in and made a plastic duplicate. I plug that in to engage the switch and the light is off. This way I have an option as to what belts I want to use and have no issues with inspection or insurance for bypassing a safety switch. Cost was $0

I can get you a picture if you need

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• They make a jumper to take car of the light - have my 4 point harness and left the stock belts in place. I traced the end of the seat belt that clips in and made a plastic duplicate. I plug that in to engage the switch and the light is off. This way I have an option as to what belts I want to use and have no issues with inspection or insurance for bypassing a safety switch. Cost was $0

I can get you a picture if you need

.....i might have to hook my passenger stock seatbelt back up if my better half doesnt like the harness , i just tucked it inside at the top