BigDog’s Delusional Rants

• From what I have read a person doesn’t even start to build immunity until all least 10 days after the first shot and then it builds slowly until 3 or 4 weeks which is when you get he booster to get it to build fully and to make it last longer

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'd assume the teacher already had a high virus load since he already had it and may have eventually passed anyway. Vaccines are supposed to expose someone at a low enough level that they can develop resistance w/o receiving a virus load so high that it becomes fatal.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• On tonight’s local news, one of our middle school teachers just died from COVID (we’ve lost 7 teachers so far; city population is about 100,000; schools are currently still online learning only). He had his first vaccine shot but was unknowingly positive when he got the shot. Within 24 hours of getting the shot he was hospitalized but didn’t make it. I guess the shot won’t save you if you’ve already got it. I do not know which brand of vaccine he received.

"Within 24 hours of getting the shot he was hospitalized but didn’t make it.".

I assume they were symptom free when they got the shot. Asymptomatic to hospitalized in 24 hours, something doesn't sound right.

• "Within 24 hours of getting the shot he was hospitalized but didn’t make it.".

I assume they were symptom free when they got the shot. Asymptomatic to hospitalized in 24 hours, something doesn't sound right.

Clearly stated unknowingly positive (i.e. asymptomatic)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Wife and I got our first shot today. Moderna.

I told the lady that I wanted the Pfizer because I had heard that the tracking chips were better.

She laughed and said that was news to her.

I got the Moderna anyway. Maybe the chips will be upgraded for the second shot, scheduled for March 24.

• my only concern with either of these would be that something could possibly cause issues with availability when it comes time for the second shot - - - I know that some of the second shot clinics here were delayed because of the recent weather issues across the country. Hopefully with supplies picking up this won't happen again

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Half a loaf is better then none. We'll just have to take our chances.

Strange way to get a vaccine. We were given a time. At that time, we show up and 22 people at a time are let into an area with chairs along the wall. There were 11 tables with two chairs each. At the tables were people who had just had their shots and were waiting the recommended 15 minutes. When their wait time was up, they left, the tables were cleaned and we took our places, two to a table. Filled out the paperwork, got our shot and were told to please wait. While waiting, they came around with info sheets and vaccine cards. After 15 minutes, we were told we could go. The cards and the info sheets both indicated that we should come back on March 24 at the same time for our second shot.

We are a small town, so I guess 22 at a time is enough.

That was 6 hours ago. So far, so good.

• I got both Moderna shots. First one had slight discomfort in the arm muscle, but wouldn't call it pain. The second one gave me pain in that same spot and traveled up to the shoulder. PLUS I was sleeping almost all day. No energy at all. Have breakfast - fall asleep. Watch tv - fall asleep. Then I talked to my neighbor to see how she was doing. She's had two shots already since she was in the generic test group. So not sure if she received the real thing or a placebo. My money is riding on the real one though

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• First Pfizer dose yesterday morning at 9:30.... About 4 1/2 hrs. later- in recliner, with heavy down jacket, and doubled over down quilt- shivering. 68-70 degree weather here. All day, arm felt ok. Woke up at 11:30 pm, sweating bullets. Now- headache, arm real sore- but overall better than yesterday. (I don't seem to do vaccines well- still have quarter-sized scar on arm from first shingles vaccine about 18-24 months ago.)

Thrilled to get the shot, will be more thrilled once the second dose is received. California has this vaccine distribution so screwed up, it's not funny. They have handed out doses to all these po-dunk pharmacies, schools, grocery stores, etc. There is not a single web site you can go on to check dose availability with multiple sites at once. You go to each site, play answer 20 questions, only to get a screen message that says. "no appointments available. Please try again at a later time." No info on when to call, no wait list- no nothing. I was registered with "MyTurn CA". Apparently, due to "equity", I haven't had the right zip code to deserve a turn.

We have a "Mass Vaccination Site" right here at Cal Expo. It was doing a whopping 350-375 vaccines a day, up until my private insurer, Kaiser Permanente moved their vaccine clinic there. The day Kaiser moved in, injections went up to 700/day. The liberal media has suppressed the number of vaccines being given out- Gov. Newsom is in deep shit over Covid mis-handling and EDD fraud, his media buddies are covering up.

As mad as I was with Kaiser- for having to wait so long for my "invitation to register for a vaccine", I have full faith that, short of nuclear disaster or war- there will be a second vaccine available for me- they have already booked my appt. There must have been 50 -60 people in the vaccine site- 40+doing the 15 minute wait, 5-6 in line, ant 12-15 injection stations. Large clocks around the room, every time someone vacated a wait chair, it was sanitized........Very, very well organized.