Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally (Sun, Jul 11th 2021 - Fri, Jul 16th 2021)

Date

Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally

Sun, Jul 11th 2021 - Fri, Jul 16th 2021

Deadwood, SD 57732, USA

• 3GunSteve started a new event:

• Well I hate to be too optimistic with the monkeypox nonsense, but it appears the border is open and the event is happening. We are going to make it this year!

Our intention is a trip down the west coast to visit family in Monterey, then a rest in Palm Springs, and a visit to the Grand Canyon, and finally a trip up to South Dakota. It should be quite the adventure (it has to make up for a couple slow years).

• Well, the border is still open and we are leaving Thursday. It will be the long route through California, and then swinging East through the Grand Canyon. We have to make up for three missed years.

• Well I am finally back and organized enough to update this thread.

The Deadwood rally is a great event, although it is not Slingshot heavy and the vendors that attend are heavily skewed towards the Can Am vehicles. It was announced that there were approximately 400 Can Ams in attendance, about 40 Vanderhalls, and about 22 Slingshots. I never saw that many of any of them but it is possible that some registered and did not attend, or attended only for a day or two. The biggest Slingshot group attending were the Iowa Slingshot Owners, and as they had attended previously they helped organize a ride for the Slingshots. It was amazing and we owe a debt to Marc and Amy for their help and hospitality

The rides throughout the area were breathtaking, the event was fun and well organized, and Deadwood is a great town to visit. I highly recommend this rally for anyone looking for a driving adventure, but not expecting too much organized activities.

Three wheelers lining up for a drive.

Some of the great Vanderhalls in attendance. The SD dealer was well represented and offering test drives too.

Day 1 was Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse monument, and we finished the day at the Firehouse Brewery.

• Day 2 was the drive organized by Iowa Slingshot Owners through Custer Park and the Needles

Day 3 we visited the Sturgis, South Dakota Air and Space Museum and Bad Lands

Day 4 was a relaxing day, and a night time light show/drive through Deadwood. I will have to see about finding some video, but is was an amazing experience with crowds lining the streets and waving us by.