rear shock replacement

Had no problem doing it myself without removing any panels.

What I did was remove the screws under the rear right light unit then just pulled the panel down a little. If you do that you can look directly at the rear shock upper mount to help line up the bolt for re-installation.

..... :thumbsup:

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The upper bolt on the rear shock should be accessible thru a hole near the top of the passenger storage compartment. Like Orangeman wrote, loosening the rear panel enough to get some visibility under the rear deck also helps.

It's been 3 or 4 years since I swapped my coilovers and I had my Daughter helping me at the time. IIRC, we used a floor jack to lift the rear swing-arm/tire to make it easier to get the bolts thru the mounts.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• got my ddm shocks the fronts went smooth now comes the back. is it possible to change by yourself or do i need to drop the back panel

It is possible to do with one person and no panel removal, but definitely a little tricky. The easiest way is to loosen the rear panel so you can see the bolt location, especially if you have a pair of helping hands that can feed the bolt through the hole in the passenger side storage compartment.

We install the rear shock here with one person, but we have done quite a few and know what it feels like when everything is lined up. I lift the rear shock all the way up in the hole in the back panel and can slide my hand through the hole and feed the bolt into the top of the shock to get it started. Then lower the shock down and get the lower mount started and tighten both bolts.

• I just dropped the back panel and took my time - - didn't have any helpers and wasn't in any hurry.

It was really very easy this way

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies