What Seat Would You Buy Today?

• I liked the look of the OEM Quilted comfort seats. I am leaning towards to Corbeau RRS. One of the reasons is the bottom cushion. It's longer and thinner than most. I feel like I am sliding out of my stock seat, even after I shimmed the front with a .75" spacer.

• I liked the look of the OEM Quilted comfort seats. I am leaning towards to Corbeau RRS. One of the reasons is the bottom cushion. It's longer and thinner than most. I feel like I am sliding out of my stock seat, even after I shimmed the front with a .75" spacer.

Wow like that chair alot, just thankful im not chair hunting lmao .....

• Oomp I was sure if that was the passenger or the driver's seat but hoped you had noticed if it was the driver's seat. Most places have returns but if you have to pay the return that can get expensive then some of them add a restock fee. Dang good looking seat.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• It was also funny because I was considering flipping the seats. I have PRP bags on that side of the seat, and I am always fumbling for the lever. There is plenty of room on the other side. I figured it was worth tryin at least.

Thanks for looking out for me. I understand where you were coming from.

• I know there are many better looking seats out there, but to be honest I like the ugly plastic seat that came in my 2016 just fine - - I like that its truly waterproof and I find it fits my a$$ just fine and I also like that the valley down the center of the bottom helps to keep the water away when it does rain.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I went with Braum Elite-X seats. They are the same overall shape as the Corbeau's I was looking at. I went with the Braums because they come with sliders. I like the quilted Corbeaus, but Braum offers more stitching options. I also bought the fitted covers, and the protective guides for the stock seat belts. I want to try the stock seat belt fitment before ordering harnesses.

I like the stock seats, but the seat base is too short. There is not enough seat under my thigh, so I feel like I am held in place by my tailbone and the heels of my feet. I machined spacers and lifted the front of the seat, but being too short of a cushion it didn't help much. These dimensions were the main criteria when I was searching for seats. The seats I chose have a 2.5" longer bottom cushion than stock seats.

• Seats are installed. I tried installing the passenger seat on the drivers side. If the seat belt mounting bolt on the transmission tunnel was flush with the tunnel or lower, it would be possible, and the seat would be centered. The seat belt and recline mechanism being on the same side is not that bad, but I have PRP bags on the sides also. It's difficult to open and close the bags.

I also added (2) half inch spacers under the front of the seats. I put spacers between the seat and the slider, and also between the slider and the bracket, for a one inch rise total. So much more comfortable now. I know my passengers will be more comfortable. I like to sit in a perpendicular position, so tilting the front up allows me to tilt the back and still be perpendicular. I feel cradled, instead of feeling like I am sitting on the seat.

Spacers;

Seats;

• interesting that you raised the seats - - If I could figure out an easy way I would love to try lowering my seats - - I figure getting my fat ass as low as possible in the slingshot could only serve to improve the overall cornering ability

• Not to bash ANY manufacturers product, but I had one major issue with the Gen II PRP seats. I ordered them as the two tone black and Red, BUT the Black center panels were ordered as the velour (or whatever they called it). While they looked great, felt great and were comfortable, they soaked up the water like a sponge. Leave it outside a restaurant while you have lunch, and come back during the typical Florida afternoon shower, and be prepared to get wet to no end. I had to remove the foam when I returned home more than once, squeezes out about a pint of water each it took a couple days to dry out. Just hate to have someone make the same mistake. But if you live in Sunny California where it doesn't rain, it won't be an issue

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Not to bash ANY manufacturers product, but I had one major issue with the Gen II PRP seats. I ordered them as the two tone black and Red, BUT the Black center panels were ordered as the velour (or whatever they called it). While they looked great, felt great and were comfortable, they soaked up the water like a sponge. Leave it outside a restaurant while you have lunch, and come back during the typical Florida afternoon shower, and be prepared to get wet to no end. I had to remove the foam when I returned home more than once, squeezes out about a pint of water each it took a couple days to dry out. Just hate to have someone make the same mistake. But if you live in Sunny California where it doesn't rain, it won't be an issue

yep one thing I love about my stock 2016 sl rubber Star Trek style seats - - they do not soak up any water, even after a good downpour just wipe them off and jump on in, and if starts raining when I am moving any rain that does get down to the seat is channeled under my behind down the trough down the center of the seat

• I must have 50k or more on my polaris comfort seats. Wife and I love them. Still like new. If I ever bought another ss that's the first option I would install. Oh, that's besides the shocks and supercharger. :)

Would those be the first couple of mods BEFORE you moved next door to DDM so you could have first crack at getting to try out his neat stuff?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE