What Seat Would You Buy Today?

• [quote='Oomp','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9889-what-seat-would-you-buy-today/&postID=337834#post337834']

I have been thinking of changing my seats, and I really like these Procar Touring seats. The dimensions are smaller than it looks, and it should fit no problem. I also like that they don't have the large shoulder pads. I was planning on buying Sparco seat brackets, because they seem to be a little lower than the Planted brackets that are available.

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/118143/

[/quote]

These seats don’t have a place to run harness straps through. I like my harness when in the twisties. I use have the regular belt when not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• I am trying to avoid seats with the harness holes. I don't plan on switching to a harness. I won't run the stock seatbelts thru the holes either. The seatbelt needs to fit all passengers well, big and small.

• I have logged in just over 20K miles on my PRP Gen 2 seats...and would definitely buy them again. Easy to clean, supportive, and comfortable. I will say though...the seats seem to more comfortable if you are a heavier person. My wife hates them. I weight about 150 more than her and I love them.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• dewman I run and sell the Cipher brand , very happy with them , I run the premium Revo R 9 seats at $ $799.00 plus $240.00 for seat brackets , both seats are adjustable. they also have a very economical line at $439..00 You can see mine hear and Dan runs the $439.00 ones in the orange quad and has no problem with comfort or wear , though it is garage kept when not in use. .I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone whose Slingshot doesnt sit outside exposed to the elements year round, normal use, rain ., no problem

aftermarket seats – All Things Slingshot

• kev Thank you for the input.

I'll be keeping my eye out for them at Maggie, and perhaps even at Uncorked in April, we'll see. I think the best advice so far is to sit in a few first, see how they feel, look at quality etc. My ride is garage kept so whatever I select should last the life of the SS.

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• Although I said I wasn't interested in a seat with harness holes, I have received my seat bases and have been looking a little deeper into aftermarket seats. Some of the seats I am looking at would really work out better with a harness.

I have a 2019 Slingshot, and can't find a harness bar/mount. Can someone please show/explain how their harness is attached. I also have Cobra style hoops if that means anything. I have looked for old threads and found some old pics of harness bars, but in some pics, it looks like people have cut a slot thru the plastic panel behind the seat and must mount the end somewhere under the plastic, like the orange slingshot shown above.

• Although I said I wasn't interested in a seat with harness holes, I have received my seat bases and have been looking a little deeper into aftermarket seats. Some of the seats I am looking at would really work out better with a harness.

I have a 2019 Slingshot, and can't find a harness bar/mount. Can someone please show/explain how their harness is attached. I also have Cobra style hoops if that means anything. I have looked for old threads and found some old pics of harness bars, but in some pics, it looks like people have cut a slot thru the plastic panel behind the seat and must mount the end somewhere under the plastic, like the orange slingshot shown above.

You can mount the harness directly to the bolts that secure the roll hoops

Just remove the pods under the hoops to access the bolts - I use a 3" harness so I had to do some trimming - but I have seen 2" go in much cleaner. It also depends on the length of the mounting tab

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have been thinking of changing my seats, and I really like these Procar Touring seats. The dimensions are smaller than it looks, and it should fit no problem. I also like that they don't have the large shoulder pads. I was planning on buying Sparco seat brackets, because they seem to be a little lower than the Planted brackets that are available.

What seats do you have now? I'm looking for an OEM diamond tufted seat....

• What seats do you have now? I'm looking for an OEM diamond tufted seat....

That picture of a seat looks like it's missing the center of the seat. Am I missing something, or is this a special model for people with hemorrhoids?

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• That seat is a touring seat not a sport seat. The picture is shaded. I could have found a clearer picture.

The seat bottom is actually dished, and kinda has a bolster around it's perimeter. So yes it cradles your whole ass, and if you had hemorrhoids it probably would feel better. You sit in this seat not on it.

• My SS came with these Polaris Quilted seats and the difference is amazing over the old plastic stock seats. The back insert will never leave the sling, once compressed they are the icing on the cake. We just did 10 hours on way home and both my wife and I have zero back issues. I am 6’4” and my wife is 5’12” and still these are very comfortable.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My SS came with these Polaris Quilted seats and the difference is amazing over the old plastic stock seats. The back insert will never leave the sling, once compressed they are the icing on the cake. We just did 10 hours on way home and both my wife and I have zero back issues. I am 6’4” and my wife is 5’12” and still these are very comfortable.

So, basically, your wife is 6’ tall. That’s pretty tall for a woman...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I was thinking the same thing.....isnt 5'12" = 6 ft......for a minute i thought i was drinking something.......i have that same back rest in my car & love it

it’s kind of a snicker and a joke when it comes up around the house however when she was in high school she did not enjoy being teased about her height🙂

Neither did my son for that matter he is 6’9”

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎