Mans best friend..........

• ........Ive been looking for a pup (German Shepard or Rotti) ever since i lost the last of my 2 boxers that i had 2 summers ago ( im ready to put my wife 2nd, again lol )......i prefer a german shepard but would settle for a rotti...... been looking in shelters but in the tri-state area (NY,CT,NJ) it seems like all they have is pitbull/terriers (not my taste)......or they want a stupid price & im not in a rush......I truly believe the right one will come along and find a home waiting just for him or her.......

........man i miss your company Champ

• ........Ive been looking for a pup (German Shepard or Rotti) ever since i lost the last of my 2 boxers that i had 2 summers ago ( im ready to put my wife 2nd, again lol )......i prefer a german shepard but would settle for a rotti...... been looking in shelters but in the tri-state area (NY,CT,NJ) it seems like all they have is pitbull/terriers (not my taste)......or they want a stupid price & im not in a rush......I truly believe the right one will come along and find a home waiting just for him or her.......

........man i miss your company Champ

I know how you feel - when my last dog passed I looked in all the local shelters and except for the small dogs everything was a pit or a pit mix - - as you say "not my taste" we ended up getting our GSD from a back yard breeder - - we were actually very lucky because we wanted a flat back GSD and actually found him locally - - - only litter the guy ever had available and the only time I have ever seen flat back GSD puppies available in the area

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Try Echo Dog Rescue

They rescue white shepherds. That is where we adopted our old man Luke

Except Luke is mostly Husky.

That's great, good looking dog. We had a black and tan female from when I was in stationed in Germany. Got a boxer after she died of old age and had him until he died of old age too. Got a pair of white shepherds from different rescues a couple of years back (100lb male and 70lb female). Challenge with shepherds is there are GSD specific rescues and they make it such a pain in the ass to get the dog most people give up and go another route.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Not sure what you are looking for in temperament, but pitties in a home environment tend to be REALLY sweet and affectionate. I was nearly licked to death at a local laundromat from 2 of them. Relentless.

• Ive been offered pitbulls from 2 different breeders for FREE (blue nose, pink nose) i mean some really nice looking ones, ive just never been into them and ive seen too much of their nastiness .........

......back in the 90s had too many interaction with them on the bad side, involving shooting with some bad people, so i always pass on them dogs!

• They are all you find in shelters around here also. Zoe's daddy was a Rotti and mother a lab. My son bought her for me when my wife died. She came from a junkyard in Jacksonville I guess her dad was the night guard.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• our boy Chubby was a Rot, Shephard, Lab mix - - got him as a puppy, he along with 2 sisters and the mother had all been abandoned in the desert - - he was a great dog. After Chubby passed we wanted to find a dog that would be similar, both protective and loving. thats what made us look at Rott's and GSD's - - in the end we decided a Rott might be too much, perhaps to much toward the protective side so we focused on GSD's

Chubby had died because of back issues and had also had some hip issues and when we started looking at the GSD's thats when I discovered there were both the slant back American show dog types and the German flat back working dogs - - seems the flat backs dont have the back and hip problems nearly as much as the slant backs so not wanting to have that be a problem again we decided to try to find a flat back - - like I said above God must have been listening because within days we found our Bolt and he was only a few blocks from our home

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• This was my best friend Shadow - rescued from a kill shelter, unable to keep him at that time we thought we found him a good home only to find he was abandoned again and abused. So we took him in, he was a handful for the first few years with sever fear aggression. Worked with him every day and he turned out to be the sweetest most protective companion I have ever had the pleasure to live with. Unfortunately he was taken by cancer at 11 years old. Best we could tel he was a mixed breed but mostly Carolina Dog. Very interesting breed.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• EjFord It was 5 years before Zoe liked Susan. Susan moved in when Zoe was 2 years old. She would growl and snap at Susan but never touch her. Zoe would show her teeth and that was enough to convince Susan to stay back. I thought I was going to have to get rid of her but didn't want to have to pack up her stuff and find her a apartment.

MACAWS My lab before Zoe, Angel, had cancer to I believe as she had many lumps under her skin. Zoe has them to and she is only 9 years old. Shadow was a beatiful dog I had never heard of that breed.

• EjFord It was 5 years before Zoe liked Susan. Susan moved in when Zoe was 2 years old. She would growl and snap at Susan but never touch her. Zoe would show her teeth and that was enough to convince Susan to stay back. I thought I was going to have to get rid of her but didn't want to have to pack up her stuff and find her a apartment.

MACAWS My lab before Zoe, Angel, had cancer to I believe as she had many lumps under her skin. Zoe has them to and she is only 9 years old. Shadow was a beatiful dog I had never heard of that breed.

Here is some information on that breed.

https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/carolina-dog

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• MACAWS Thanks that was interesting.

They are great companions and very protective. They definitely have a pack pecking order - my wife was at the bottom of the list he was at my side always. When we recused him we also rescued his 2 siblings - the shelter put down his mother not long after she gave birth. Unfortunately all 3 died of cancer within a few month of each other.

There is no greater love than the love of a dog!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Bailey, rescued. His history was traced to three different shelters. His future chances weren't good. When we picked him up he was scared' and defensive. Jumped at every noise. My wife and I saw something in his eyes and we connected but we knew he needed time. Our second rescue dog. They both picked us as much as we picked them.

We gave him all the space and time he needed. Gradually on his terms he adjusted and placed his trust in us.

Good luck, keep looking. A friend is waiting!

• Nice dog. Zoe love her stuff toys also. She has about a dozen and knows them by name. You can tell her to go get the shark and she will go pick it out of the pile. Always take one to her food bowl when it is feeding time and one or to to her bed.