2021 Polaris OEM Roll Hoop Speaker Pods

• Oh one more thing. Not sure if this has been mentioned but if you use the SSV speaker pods just beware that they have limited clearance for your speaker and grill. I had a pair of BOSS audio speakers picked out but they barely fit and the grill was not going to fit at all. But... I am also gathering parts to upgrade the stereo in my Silverado. Well the 6.5 Kickers fit perfectly so those are what I am running. Adding the two speakers in the rear really does make quite a bit of difference. Now the wife wants a subwoofer. haha. Yeah the Telluride is the wife's. I got it for her about 18 months ago. I was getting ready to go over seas for a year so since I always had the family hauler she wanted something "hers" to carry the family around in while I was gone. It's been a really great SUV.

• Apologies Sasquatch I should have responded sooner. Feel like an ass :( Looks like you found them but feel free to message me if you have any other questions. Also funny but I also have a Kia Telluride :)

Lastly can you take a pic of your rear sprocket. I have a howl when accelerating! Do you experience this? I want to make sure my belt is align correctly but I dont have anyone with a 2021 local

• I know this thread is a little dated but hope someone can weigh in here. The amp in our 21 Stealth Blue was defective from day one and is supposed to be replaced under warranty this month. We've been running with only the right side working and look forward to stereo sound.

My hearing is bad from decades of working around aircraft, so we ordered the color matched roll hoop speakers from the dealer last weekend and got the black Friday discount.

My dilemma is, should I pay them for 3 hours of labor to install the speakers or do the install myself. My concern is, if the amp was bad from the factory, maybe the rear speaker wiring isn't up to par either. I'm inclined to let Polaris deal with making sure everything works rather than run into issues and waste valuable ride time. Thoughts from anyone who has installed these?

Many thanks in advance!

• 3 hours of labor? Seems WAY THE F*CK excessive.

• This is a very simple install and I would in no way pay $330 to have it installed. The wiring and connectors are already there, its not like they are installing an amp or running new power or speaker wires. Based on your comment above you could get this done in less time than what they are quoting you :).

• I agree, it shouldn't take 3 hrs to replace the wiring, but if Polaris doing the work under warranty, I'd recommend having them replace the amp and then guarantee they have actually fixed the problem. If they need to replace the wiring, it will probably be barely sufficient aka undersized. If you replace the wiring yourself or pay to have it done by a real audio shop, you'll probably get a heavier gauge wiring.

• Thanks, Echoraven. I agree, even at their "discount" rate of $110 an hour and none of their techs are familiar withe the install. I was able to revive our "new" 1949 8N in less time by rebuilding the front mount distributor and carburetor. I'm just not used to working on something so new and shiny as our SS. LOL.

Growing up on a Blueberry farm in Northern Indiana we had several little Ford 8N units ...always had one apart in pieces....won't touch the Slingshot...infact going to Lake Villa, IL in the morning early for an oil change....120 miles one way around Chicago.

• Taking our 2021 R to the dealer this morning to have the stock amp replaced under warranty (no left side audio output).

Still no word on when the Polaris color matched roll hoop speakers will arrive. I'll find out Thursday when my surgery will be scheduled, looking like 2-6 weeks for recovery.

If the speakers come in after surgery I may just bite the bullet and pay the dealer for installation. The cost will be less painful than listening to my wife nag me for not listening to the Doc.

• Back from the dealership, amp replaced, and speakers work as advertised within an hour and a half. Still no update on when the roll hoop speakers will arrive.

• There have been a batch of Rockford amps that have been failing - warranty will cover this. The speaker wiring to the rear hoops is just fine. It should take no more than 1 hour to install the rear hoop speakers from Polaris.

Some people that want to go the extra mile will swap out the factory Rockford amp and put in something better - when doing this we make a plug-n-play harness adapter that plugs into the factory harness and has 2 sets of RCA's waiting for an amp.

-Scott

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• There have been a batch of Rockford amps that have been failing - warranty will cover this. The speaker wiring to the rear hoops is just fine. It should take no more than 1 hour to install the rear hoop speakers from Polaris.

Some people that want to go the extra mile will swap out the factory Rockford amp and put in something better - when doing this we make a plug-n-play harness adapter that plugs into the factory harness and has 2 sets of RCA's waiting for an amp.

-Scott

Do you have a plug and play harness or a updated kit for the 2018 Ride command? I want to add the SSV rear speaker pods. Do you have a website that I could take a look at?

• Do you have a plug and play harness or a updated kit for the 2018 Ride command? I want to add the SSV rear speaker pods. Do you have a website that I could take a look at?

He is a Polaris Slingshot dealer Sport Rider Inc. is located in Altoona, WI. Shop our large online inventory. 

-Scott

Thank you for your post. Our local dealer replaced the bad Rockford amp under warranty in a little over an hour but said it will be three hours to install the roll hoop speakers. Seems pretty excessive based on the instructions another member posted. Do individual dealers have the latitude to decide what the installation labor hours are for a given task? One hour sounds very reasonable, three hours sounds like someone plucked it out of their backside since they haven't installed them before.