Precision tools

• I know I'm not the only one who has become a tool collector, and today I picked up a set of hex drivers I know I'll NEVER use on the Slingshot!

A friend asked me if I could repair his binoculars which had gone out of collimation (they gave you double vision & eye strain when using them.) I agreed to help him out (I used to sell & repair binoculars & telescopes for a living.)

Back in the day, binoculars used tiny standard screws to adjust collimation - like a jeweler's screwdriver you might use on your eyeglasses.

Ha! Not any more, tiny hex screws are now the order of the day! So I ended up buying these from Elkind tool in Wisconsin.

I needed the smallest one in the set, a 0.7mm hex key. In case you've never seen one, it looks like this...

Anyone else have crazy specialty tools? 😁

Oh yeah, fixing the binos? I got those back in shape in 15 minutes once I had the right tool. It's an old story, isn't it?

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Not a precision tool but a handy & versatile one. Just ordered from Home Depot & got free home delivery. With tax it came to $20.99. Will review when I receive it. Supposed to get it by 2/13. Has storage for a spare blade. 1/4” locking bit driver. Bottle opener.

Edit to give part #: 48-22-1505

Careful, they have quite a few models...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• ^^^^^

Nice find MACAWS ! 2 different models for price of 1! :thumbsup:

(I notice that set doesn’t have the model with the driver but that’s a good deal if you don’t want/need that option)

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• I didn't realize that - well live and learn

Perhaps you can cancel your order?

I did state to be careful as they have several similar looking models. Included correct part # in my post.

• I like those also I have had a set for a few years now. They really work great when a bolt or nut has many turns to go to come out but is still a little tight.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Not a precision tool but a handy & versatile one. Just ordered from Home Depot & got free home delivery. With tax it came to $20.99. Will review when I receive it. Supposed to get it by 2/13. Has storage for a spare blade. 1/4” locking bit driver. Bottle opener.

Edit to give part #: 48-22-1505

Careful, they have quite a few models...

Review of the Milwaukee Fastback 6in1 utility knife (model # 48-22-1505) as promised.

Bottom line? Love it and would recommend. Comes with one blade installed. I had to put a spare blade in the spare blade holder inside handle (strong retention). Well made knife. Spring clip is very strong & allows deep pocket carry. Easy, one handed operation. Bit holder tool locks (liner lock) in full open (180°) position. At 90° there is a detent but doesn’t lock per se. Bottle opener works great. Easy blade removal/replacement. Hard plastic scales, not metal so won’t get all scratched up with use. Can be disassembled. Bit holder uses internal spring clip (not a magnet) for bit retention. One reversible bit is included (#2 Phillips & a flat head).

One of these in your Slingshot glovebox along with a nice bit kit would be a quite useful thing.

For the record, I EDC a Leatherman Surge multi-tool, with bit extender, bit kits, etc.

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• Never saw that style before.

I also questioned as to get the 90 deg. or a straight shot? Many a 4 star rating on this one. It looks good. As always one thing leads to another. That would be a kicker if the first time I go to use I'll need the 90 deg angle. :huh:

• I also questioned as to get the 90 deg. or a straight shot? Many a 4 star rating on this one. It looks good. As always one thing leads to another. That would be a kicker if the first time I go to use I'll need the 90 deg angle. :huh:

Yep - Murphy’s Law. But if you’d bought the 90°, you’d need the straight shot the first time...