Austin area dealer recommendations

• I pulled the trigger! I bought a Slingshot last Tuesday.

. . . . And it's now sitting in a parking lot waiting to be towed to a dealer after clutch (probably) problems made it undrivable. *sigh*

The three dealerships closest to me are in Austin and Georgetown (both about 10 miles away), and New Braunfels (60 miles away, but where I bought it.)

The work should be covered under the original warranty, but does anyone have suggestions about the best dealers to do the work?

jamesgn  chavey2

• My Thought is to take it back to the dealer where you bought it. My dealer is 120 miles and make that trip several times a year for oil change or anything else I need. They do take very good care of me and have for almost a 100,000 miles --- well next oil change will be over a 100,000 miles.

• ....curious to know what year was it......

• 2019 S with <5,000 miles

Still under original factory warranty!

I not 'big' on warrantees but with my Slingshot I did buy the Polaris extended one. The dealers have a lot of play in the price you pay for it. I put 98,000+ miles on Slingshots since Feb of 2015 and the extended warrantee was a good thing for me.

• I not 'big' on warrantees but with my Slingshot I did buy the Polaris extended one. The dealers have a lot of play in the price you pay for it. I put 98,000+ miles on Slingshots since Feb of 2015 and the extended warrantee was a good thing for me.

I also added the extended, but the original's still good through September.

• 2019 S with <5,000 miles

Still under original factory warranty!

I bought the same model in November with 2,100 miles on it, mine was born in May 2020. Good luck, just be careful you don't spend all your extra money at Slingmods. :)

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• Unfortunately I can't recommend either of the Ride Now dealerships in Austin or Georgetown. Dave @ Alamo Cycle Plex in San Antonio has always treated me right. And I've heard good things about Team Mancuso in Houston.

But yea, I'ld go back to the buying dealer and either make it right (and fast) or return it. Throw a huge stink if he doesn't. (Years ago I bought a used car that had massive problems when my mechanic went thru it. I eventually got the dealer to agree to refund my money and return the car I traded in.)

• Unfortunately I can't recommend either of the Ride Now dealerships in Austin or Georgetown.

Based solely on my personal experience walking in and talking to them during the buying process, that was my general impression. I was hoping that I had misinterpreted something or that what I experienced was a one-off quirk, so I asked here, but I'm unsurprised to have my gut feeling confirmed.

Thanks for weighing in. It's a good thing New Braunfels is such a lovely drive!

• Based solely on my personal experience walking in and talking to them during the buying process, that was my general impression. I was hoping that I had misinterpreted something or that what I experienced was a one-off quirk, so I asked here, but I'm unsurprised to have my gut feeling confirmed.

Thanks for weighing in. It's a good thing New Braunfels is such a lovely drive!

Take good care of your Tech and he will take good care of you and your Slingshot.

• I really wish you had talked with Chris or myself before you bought that Slingshot. I agree with Chris about Ride now Georgetown, Austin and NB. I have had good work done by Austin in the past. If you go there talk to Riley or you are wasting your time. The two best dealerships for sales and service in Texas are definitely Alamo in San Antonio and Mancuso, Gulf freeway in Houston Since you got it in NB that is probably the best place to take it to since you are a customer of them. I do not have any experience with their service dept. As you already bought the extended Polaris warranty I can't help you save some money by getting it (same thing) from another dealer who discounts them.

However, I can recommend a good insurance agent who can probably save you money, you can check it out for what it's worth.

Good luck you will really enjoy your sling when it gets fixed.

Jamesgn