Announcing Slinshots Uncorked 2021

• UPDATE AS OF 2/25/2021

I spoke with the young lady who runs the Wine Festival today. She is going to make a final decision next week if the event will go on as planned. Unfortunately with King Ralph's regulations and the ABC rules it makes things complicated. We are trying to work with Social distancing and keeping everyone contained in one area to meet ABC rules. I also stopped by to see the gang at Brewer Cycles and they were eager to put something together for Friday afternoon. They take masks and distancing very seriously so we need to make sure we respect their wishes. I think we may bring back the scavenger hunt that they have run in the past, that will allow everyone to fan out and have some fun.

We are working on an alternative plan for Saturday in case the Wine festival does not pan out. I am going up to https://springfielddistillery.com/ to see if we can set something up. This is a really nice place and the ride up there is fantastic. From there we can have another great ride and then head back to the Flying Pig Ranch for some food / fire and wrenching.

I will look for a place big enough to handle our group for Brunch Sunday most likely here. https://www.thehomesteadsteakhousenc.com/

I will keep ya' all posted

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My friend you are working way too hard and you are way to good to all of us. We just wanna come see you and ride. As long as Ralph don't shut the roads and the gas stations down, we'll be just fine.:thumbsup:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Update 3/4/2021

Here is our latest update regarding this event

1- The Wine Festival is still on schedule however they are considering some modifications as to how the event will be run. The revised proposal has been submitted for review and we are waiting on final approval.

2- As a THANK YOU for your patience the organizer of the event is securing me a number of Free tickets to the event. I requested 15 tickets and am awaiting confirmation and will distribute tickets based on whoever gives my a firm confirmation that they are attending.

3- We are currently pushing poop against the tide on other fronts .

a. Both hotels are still under renovation and they hope to be 80% completed by the time of the event

b. The restaurant next to the hotel has just closed due to lack of business caused by virus restrictions - not sure when or if it will reopen

c. The Chinese restaurant is take out only

d. The guy who usually does our BBQ has closed but we managed to make contact with his head cook and hired her for Saturday night at the Flying Pig Ranch

4- Friday - Based on our confirmed final number of attendee's on Friday I will adjust the schedule.

If we have enough people Brewer Cycles has agreed to host something. It is a major task to empty the show room and set up for social distancing. If we have a smaller crowd I will put something else together.

The annual welcome dinner for Friday is not finalized again it depends on number of confirmed people since cost have doubled I have to work harder to get vendors to donate.

You guys know exactly what I know now - no secrets

I wanted to post all of this because some of you travel long distances and if you want to reconsider I completely understand.

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!