USB Audio Player that works with the New RideCommand System

• FWIW - On my 2018 SL I use a USB stick with MP3 files on it and it works just fine. I plug into the USB connection in the glove box.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• I use a round marine radio designed to install in a large gauge hole. IT has a short USB connector on the back, so I ran a USB outlet from the glove-box to the back connector on the radio. I installed the USB outlet to the top of the glove-box to keep it away from the junk I usually have in the glove-box and the outlet is also protected from weather. I used one like this - https://smile.amazon.com/ICESP…-Dashboard/dp/B01NAMU8KY/. Keep in mind that most radio USB connectors are data cables and will NOT support charging a device unless the radio's USB cable is labeled that it does support charging.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I use a round marine radio designed to install in a large gauge hole. IT has a short USB connector on the back, so I ran a USB outlet from the glove-box to the back connector on the radio. I installed the USB outlet to the top of the glove-box to keep it away from the junk I usually have in the glove-box and the outlet is also protected from weather.

You select input as USB and then?

• You select input as USB and then?

Yes. I use a Lanzar AQR80B round marine radio (http://www.lanzar.com/sku/aqr8…radio,-roundcircle,-black). Unfortunately, the AQR80B doesn't seem to retain the Mode setting and requires the use of the remote control to switch to USB mode EVERY TIME I start my Slingshot! I used the AQR80B to replace a PGR35B marine radio since the AQR80B allows for a video input and per Lanzar Support is supposed to automatically switch to video display if a video signal is detected, but I haven't gotten around to installing a camera and testing it. If it does work properly with a rear camera, I may test it by installing a front camera and connecting the video from both cameras to the radio using a Y cable and then use a SPDT switch from Slingmods that fits in my 2015 switch holes and then use the switch to control which camera gets power to hopefully activate the radio's video display.

Just realized I may not have completely answered the question. After selecting USB Mode, my radio starts the MP3 player in my radio.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I’m not sure of the year of your SS but if it is 2020+ then you can use any USB flash drive but you MUST use the USB port that is under the switches on the center console stack. The port in the glovebox is only for charging. If you have a first gen SS 15-19 then by all means ignore me haha

• I’m not sure of the year of your SS but if it is 2020+ then you can use any USB flash drive but you MUST use the USB port that is under the switches on the center console stack. The port in the glovebox is only for charging. If you have a first gen SS 15-19 then by all means ignore me haha

This is the correct answer.

• Also the answer that says why I though the USB port in my glovebox was bad.

Yes sir, in the 2015-2019 models it was in the glove box. 2020+ they added a USB port to the center console that is now for USB/data sticks, and the glove box USB port is only for charging (along with the 12v port in the glove box).

Sidenote, looks like they also added a trickle charger port to the 2021 slings next to the rear 12v port between the seats. I'll see if I can find a pic.

• Couldn't find the pic I saw that showed the new charger port well, but this is in the manual:

Its a dedicated port to plug a tender into. Its nothing that couldn't previously be achieved with a tender cable to 12v adapter, but its an interesting feature nonetheless since it keeps the 12v port free. Maybe by 2040 Polaris will have finally added every aftermarket mod and feature to the factory slingshot.

• Yes sir, in the 2015-2019 models it was in the glove box. 2020+ they added a USB port to the center console that is now for USB/data sticks, and the glove box USB port is only for charging (along with the 12v port in the glove box).

Sidenote, looks like they also added a trickle charger port to the 2021 slings next to the rear 12v port between the seats. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Yep I use that port daily.