Under seat subwoofer?

• I searched and couldn't find any posts about slim subwoofer install under seats. I see a few members have them. I just picked up a Cerwin Vega 10. It's 2.6 H 9.6 W 13.6 D. I figure I'll need to add spacers to the passenger seat to give .25 height.

Tips? Better install points? Storage bin? Power? Using factory headset tapping into speaker as this accepts high gain. 🙏

• I searched and couldn't find any posts about slim subwoofer install under seats. I see a few members have them. I just picked up a Cerwin Vega 10. It's 2.6 H 9.6 W 13.6 D. I figure I'll need to add spacers to the passenger seat to give .25 height.

Tips? Better install points? Storage bin? Power? Using factory headset tapping into speaker as this accepts high gain. 🙏

Get somebody a little excited with the vibration coming up thru the seat. I'm tagging
    Red who makes a brace for the passenger seat so that it is moved forward to allow the seat to tilt a little more. This might give you the height you need. Be a good onw to talk to.

Dead set on passenger seat? That one bolt that goes horizontal vs vertical like the rest of the normal bolls, you know the one after you take out and put back you want to punch the engineer who designed it in the face? I'd be worried about that on passenger side and raising things up. Sounds like a cool spot to put a sub though and curious how it works out!!

• ......some how sometime soon i can see this winding up under my seat, i have the underglove box twin woofer (JL Audio woofers) and like em but i want to actually feel it on my side of the vehicle , trying to figure what amp will satisfy my needs b4 i get it......

https://www.universalaudiosolu…berglass_Floorpans.html#/

• Thanks for the insight! I went with the driver's side due to that odd sideways bolt on the passenger. The length of the amp/sub combo was a little to long to be under the seat. The rear of the seat has less than an 1 inch of clearance. I'd have to raise the seat up over an inch.

Figured I'd toss out a few tips for the next person.

I removed the seat; 4 bolts 15mm, and the seat belt light plug (mine also had another unused plug that has 12volt power with the ignition on. Any ideas what this is for? Heated seats?)

Storage door just pops off. Removed the battery cover (2 40 torx, 2 pop pins), removed the battery completely due to the factory main power line is very short. I ran the amp power cable in the main rubber battery boot, then reinstalled the battery.

It mounted perfectly horizontally behind the drivers seat. I can move the seat all the way back and recline works fine. The storage door opens fine as well.

I used the seat mount bolt as my ground, ran the power through the lower seat belt hole to the battery (less than 24 inches of 8 gauage) and tapped into the driver's side speaker pod for my high level in. I didn't need to run a 12 volt remote on since I used the high level in due to using the stock head unit.

Sounds great, not much unwanted vibration, nice tight bass. Now the audio sounds full and rich.

Total cost $204 all in.

• Nice job!

Pretty sure that plug under your driver seat is related to the seatbelt light. This is cleaned up now, but those two white plugs are the seat heaters I just added and that one with blue ring is that same seat belt sensor I think your referring to. Report back and let us know how you like that sub setup!

• .......so quick question , does this cerwin vega unit fit under the driver seat......? I see you say the clearance wasnt acceptable under the passenger seat.....

• i see another smaller cerwin vega powered bass unit here, i always liked their products...now you got me thinking......

"Amazon.com: CERWIN Vega VPAS68 6″ x 8″ 4Ω 160W Max / 80W RMS Powered Active Enclosed Subwoofer + Remote Bass Control Knob: Home Audio & Theater" https://www.amazon.com/CERWIN-…rwin+vega+powered&sr=8-17

• No 1 best seller on amazon.....i see i have to take some measurements today and maybe place an order to get this done b4 bike season starts.......

"Amazon.com: Sound Storm Laboratories LOPRO10 Amplified Car Subwoofer - 1200 Watts Max Power, Low Profile, 10 Inch Subwoofer, Remote Subwoofer Control, Great For Vehicles Needing Bass But Have Limited Space: Car Electronics" https://www.amazon.com/Sound-S…fRID=7832WX96P782K2CRDQSC

• No 1 best seller on amazon.....i see i have to take some measurements today and maybe place an order to get this done b4 bike season starts.......

"Amazon.com: Sound Storm Laboratories LOPRO10 Amplified Car Subwoofer - 1200 Watts Max Power, Low Profile, 10 Inch Subwoofer, Remote Subwoofer Control, Great For Vehicles Needing Bass But Have Limited Space: Car Electronics" https://www.amazon.com/Sound-S…fRID=7832WX96P782K2CRDQSC

Nice, let us know how it works out! I like knowing these exist as an option to add some more bass vs reconfigure whole setup.

• Nice, let us know how it works out! I like knowing these exist as an option to add some more bass vs reconfigure whole setup.

I went with this setup because I installed a new head-unit already plus some armrest speakers, so I opened a can of "sound" :thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• .......so quick question , does this cerwin vega unit fit under the driver seat......? I see you say the clearance wasnt acceptable under the passenger seat.....

It doesn't fit on either side without raising the seat. The front to back length puts it at the very back of the seat and the seat at the back is only about an inch off the panel. I think I like the vertical mount better. You can access the tuning easily and it doesn't vibrate the bottom panel.

2016.5 SL LE Pearl white with factory red accent package. Utah based.

• i see another smaller cerwin vega powered bass unit here, i always liked their products...now you got me thinking......

"Amazon.com: CERWIN Vega VPAS68 6″ x 8″ 4Ω 160W Max / 80W RMS Powered Active Enclosed Subwoofer + Remote Bass Control Knob: Home Audio & Theater" https://www.amazon.com/CERWIN-…rwin+vega+powered&sr=8-17

I think that one has to little power to be impactful.

• Love this setup! I wanted this but couldn't part with the $$$. I'd love a ported setup, but maybe I'm to old for that. In my early 20s I had 2000 rms Kicker L7s setup ported setup in my hatchback.

I did so much research. A very common trend was these units failing or being overrated wattage. It was either the Cerwin 10 or the Kicker. I found the Cerwin for $174 and it for the most part had the best reviews in regards to reliability. Also Cerwin is known for bass. I think we all remember the 15 inch woofers in the wood grain home speakers