ABS system info request

• Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out how a Spyder ABS system works.

I am working on an electric 3-wheel drag/straight-line experimental vehicle and I'd like to borrow the ABS system from a Spyder.

Could anyone please share information on how many sensors there are and if the system works standalone (pressure regulator, sensors, controller, without ECU)?

Thank you,

George

• George you may get some answers here BUT this is a SLINGSHOT forum --- Polaris 3 wheeled motorcycle..... some of the guys may have a little info on the Spyder. Good luck with your project.

• I don't know about the Spider but just had to swap out the ABS in My Slingshot

The ABS system in the Slingshot is a stock GM part and designed for 4 wheels

One port is capped off with a bleeder

It works thru its own portion of the ECU. I do not see any regulators but I an sure it is tied into the 3 wheel speed sensors

Thats I I got!

Good Luck

Hope you post the final project here

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I apologize for saying Spyder, I'm trying to find this information for any and all larger three wheel vehicles, Slingshot included, my brain just slipped.

Thank you for the insightful reply.

This is the most promising lead I've seen in some time: the pressure regulator is stock GM, with 3 ports in use. Cool. Is the ECU of the slingshot doing the control work or is there a separate box controlling that regulator and reading the 3 speed sensors?

Finding a regulator is not a big deal, but the control software is usually proprietary.

• I am not using the Slingshot ECU - I have the Haltec - I can't answer that question honestly because I do not know what is controlling it. I do know that with digital wrench using the connection under the dash you can access and activate the ABS

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am not using the Slingshot ECU - I have the Haltec - I can't answer that question honestly because I do not know what is controlling it. I do know that with digital wrench using the connection under the dash you can access and activate the ABS

I called Haltec and they said their ECU is not talking to the ABS system in any way, so what is controlling the ABS?

Would you happen to know the part number of the GM pressure regulator? Perhaps that can point me in the right direction.

• I called Haltec and they said their ECU is not talking to the ABS system in any way, so what is controlling the ABS?

Would you happen to know the part number of the GM pressure regulator? Perhaps that can point me in the right direction.

I have the old ABS in my shop

Let me go out and get you some pictures and models

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I called Haltec and they said their ECU is not talking to the ABS system in any way, so what is controlling the ABS?

Hopefully one of these images has the information you need

I do not see any external regulator - the Master cylinder connects directly to the ABS and I do not see anything in the lines running to each wheel.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hopefully one of these images has the information you need

I do not see any external regulator - the Master cylinder connects directly to the ABS and I do not see anything in the lines running to each wheel.

Thank you, this is great information, much appreciated. Looks like an integrated electronic and hydraulic unit. I'll start digging.