Aluminum foil turned on my stove.

• I was opening up a dish I covered with aluminum foil. Apparently the foil touched the cast iron burner grate as it brushed against the touch screen buttons. It must have been static or something. But it turned on the oven and the light. I did it several times to see how it happened and to make sure I just didn’t bump the buttons with my finger. I was able to turn it on several times by touching the foil to the grate and the buttons....so be careful.

• I guess the “foil” thing does make it sound like I’m joking

this is a true story.....the foil touching the grate and the buttons at the same time turned it on...try it yourself....this is a safety warning....I was pretty surprised when it happened...

I have a gas stove....electric stoves won’t have a cast iron grate...

• I was opening up a dish I covered with aluminum foil. Apparently the foil touched the cast iron burner grate as it brushed against the touch screen buttons. It must have been static or something. But it turned on the oven and the light. I did it several times to see how it happened and to make sure I just didn’t bump the buttons with my finger. I was able to turn it on several times by touching the foil to the grate and the buttons....so be careful.

Its all Trumps fault -- dam it ---

• This sounds like the Portland Trailblazer that tried unsuccessfully to smuggle weed onto a plane in tinfoil because he didn't realize that FOIL IS ACTUALLY METAL.

I can start my car with a paper clip and I can turn on a light from across the room with a rock but I never saw the need to start a thread on either...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• This sounds like the Portland Trailblazer that tried unsuccessfully to smuggle weed onto a plane in tinfoil because he didn't realize that FOIL IS ACTUALLY METAL.

I can start my car with a paper clip and I can turn on a light from across the room with a rock but I never saw the need to start a thread on either...

Oh, you probably would if you wanted to get more Panda Coins! :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

this is a true story.....the foil touching the grate and the buttons at the same time turned it on...try it yourself....this is a safety warning....I was pretty surprised when it happened...

There you have it. Trump 46. Gitmo stove gots to go.

I think I would try and short circuit your old lady like that -- it might be fun --:/