Cutting the cord

• I am trying to rid myself of all the liberal leaning apps. I installed and started to use BRAVE web browser in place of Google. I really like it so far. I wish changing email was as easy. I have allot of sites with Gmail as my email account and it would be a pain to switch to something else. But I may bite the bullet eventually.

• I am trying to rid myself of all the liberal leaning apps. I installed and started to use BRAVE web browser in place of Google. I really like it so far. I wish changing email was as easy. I have allot of sites with Gmail as my email account and it would be a pain to switch to something else. But I may bite the bullet eventually.

Brave is a good browser, but it's based off of Google Chromium code. If you use google.com for searching, they still know who is doing the searching.

Brave's big thing is that it blocks potential phishing and malware attacks on you. I use it daily for a lot of my research. It's not perfect, but none of them are. I still use FIrefox for some things.

Also, fyi, the new Microsoft Edge browser has been converted to use chromium code as well, so even Microsoft is using google's code base for it's browser.

Every search engine is logging and selling your data. The only one that I'm aware of that claims to not log that info is https://duckduckgo.com/ and while I use it sometimes, they don't index as good as google does, I don't feel that anyone does.

I work in IT, I use google a LOT in my job and I've tried the others for technical research.

Basically, if you are online, you are being tracked, but there are billions of us, as long as you don't make waves and be noticed, you are probably ok :)

Just my $0.03 worth

• I have thought about opening a non google account. Have been using duckduckgo for a few years now.

Have to be careful there - ‘d’ & ‘f’ are right next to each other on the keyboard - no telling where you’d end up! :D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

DO not use Outlook.com they will constantly lock your account and never tell you what you did wrong

The only way to get you account unlock is for them to send a text with a pass code - doesn't fail well with someone like me that uses a flip phone as a phone and has texting turned off.

For personal email I highly recommend Proton Mail.

I let all the crap go thru outlook and all my personal emails go thru proton

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• In my view nothing on the internet is private & nothing is not tracked - all of the internet providers, all of the email companies and all media sites are if fact businesses and they are not in business to give things away for free.

If you want privacy then stay off the internet,

Just ask BD 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• l've been using duck for about a year. I just hate having these other platforms controlling everything. It's really got out of hand when they can shutdown parler. What's next?

Kinda like when Trump wanted to ban tiktok?

I understand many mad because companies did what the president couldn't. But private, deregulated companies are what Republicans like...

Any business can refuse the right to service. They did. Why all of a sudden a problem? Don't like, don't use. Pretty simple. But the companies are smart and powerful now and we rely on them. Like we do China for medicines. Easy to point fingers, but while 1 is pointing away, 3 are pointing back...

Sorry, I had Chinese food tonight and way too many fortune cookies.

Carry on...

• Isn't Tik Tok used or owned by the Chinese communist party?

The problem (partially) is the lying. At no point did any of these media companies say "The book 1984 gives us HUGE boners" or "We <3 communist China". They became as big as they are because of not only people on the left using them, but people on the right. They literally committed perjury during those hearings.

To use the bakery equivalent, imagine if that bakery refused service and stopped you from buying baked goods anywhere?

They are also trying to strangle any competition as we've just seen with Parler; which they went as far as intimidating potential future vendors to keep them from booting back up, luckily Gab has it's own servers so it will be interesting to see how big tech will try to attack it.

• Isn't Tik Tok used or owned by the Chinese communist party?

The problem (partially) is the lying. At no point did any of these media companies say "The book 1984 gives us HUGE boners" or "We <3 communist China". They became as big as they are because of not only people on the left using them, but people on the right. They literally committed perjury during those hearings.

To use the bakery equivalent, imagine if that bakery refused service and stopped you from buying baked goods anywhere?

They are also trying to strangle any competition as we've just seen with Parler; which they went as far as intimidating potential future vendors to keep them from booting back up, luckily Gab has it's own servers so it will be interesting to see how big tech will try to attack it.

I think you just call that Communism not sure but it looks exactly like what I see when I am working in China

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Found this court case for the "private businesses" argument:

Marsh v. Alabama, 326 U.S. 501 (1946), was a case decided by the United States Supreme Court, in which it ruled that a state trespassing statute could not be used to prevent the distribution of religious materials on a town's sidewalk, even though the sidewalk was part of a privately owned company town. The Court based its ruling on the provisions of the First Amendment and Fourteenth Amendment.

Link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_v._Alabama

I never had twitter or FB. I now use Brave and I have started switching to Proton Mail. I may have to drop the other SS forum as the "administrator" is blocking me changing to protonmail. We will see.