Insurance going up

• I would like for every one of us Slingshot owners to call Hagerty and ask if they cover the Slingshot. Hagerty is a specialty insurer of collectible vehicles and non-daily drivers at an affordable rate for a declared value. They cover my '08 Vette, '63 Merc, '73 Mustang and '80 CJ5. If they would cover the Sling I would save money over Progressive.

Maybe if they get enough requests (I asked them yesterday) they will pick it up. Not only are the rates good but the customer service is top notch.

It'll just take a minute or two (after listening to U2 on hold) so go ahead and call!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Why do most responders never put what their rate and coverage is? Not much help without the facts.

Not much help with it either unless you're in the same zip code. There are huge differences based on location.

If you search the threads you should be able to find dozens of posts listing rates but it won't change yours.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Why do most responders never put what their rate and coverage is? Not much help without the facts.

I did not because every driver is different. Rates vary due to personal driving habits, tickets, accidents etc. I was surprised how much more my brother pays for motorcycle insurance than I due. I live in a more populated area, thinking mine would be much higher. Then he explained it was due to the high accident rate due to the large deer population in his area. It's also a courtesy to my insurer because as above rates are different for various reasons.

• Mother F'Er!

Just got my new insurance rates from Geico. Jumped almost $70/month. Called them about it - apparently I had a "Speeding Ticket" last year that just got reported in October and now hit's this renewal. I knew I didn't have a speeding ticket so I questioned them about it. And I quote: "Speeding under the posted limit". WTF??

Found my ticket. I got it for "Impeding Traffic" in San Antonio last July, not speeding. In fact, I was stopped in an intersection when the light changed on me and I couldn't get out (a bus pulled in front of me). I just paid the $232 fine last year because I didn't want to do the traffic school. 1 point. That's all it took. F Me.

Got any lawyers here??

• Call Dan ..

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Time for Big Bill?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• right after we got no fault insurance in PA......I had an accident ...I hit a lady’s rear end.... (deliberate opening for tripod)

Cop showed up and talked to the lady first.....he then came to me..... this is in the ‘70s....I’m wearing an apple hat, my hair is to my shoulders and I’m wearing mirrored sunglasses... and I think I had some facial hair too......

so he looks at me and says are you going to admit it’s your fault. I said no.....

Now I was driving a full size window van. My bumper has no damage, but my hood and grill are caved in. It very obvious that The damage on her rear end doesn’t even match the damage on my van.....you would never know these two vehicles hit each other.... he said how did you hit her.... I said I jammed on the brakes so hard my front end nose dived down and my hood hit her trunk lid.....her rear bumper had no damage..... .I don’t know if my back tires left the ground or not....but seeing how they hit was amazing.... it was clearly my fault, I was speeding some....

I pulled out my new insurance card and showed him the back of it.....it said 3 things to do in case of an accident....

1. Render assistance.

2. Exchange information.

3. NEVER ADMIT FAULT.

He looked at me and said....”I’m going to have to check my insurance card when I get home”

insurance cards now do not have this info on them...... but it’s something to keep in mind. And if people are hurt or killed you definitely don’t want to admit it’s your fault....

• Yep, first place I got insurance from. He put me into Allstate. Over time, the Allstate got too expensive for all the vehicles (3 cars, trailer, house, SS, 2 daughters) so I switched to Geico just last year. Feel like it's a bait-n-switch to get point for a not-moving violation.

• This is a trick which has been used by Harley riders in Kali -- mostly for "loud pipe" infractions (and this is often with stock pipes on older bikes)... You get the bill for the ticket in the mail. Take the amount owed and transpose 2 digits and overpay by at least $20. The county sends you a refund check. Shred it. Since the "transaction" is incomplete -- the funds and infraction get put on hold. The counties are greedy, they want the money. So, after a few years this "refund check" times out and they are able to take that refund money and put it into their general fund. The transaction will never be completed and the infraction never appears on your record.

• Yep, first place I got insurance from. He put me into Allstate. Over time, the Allstate got too expensive for all the vehicles (3 cars, trailer, house, SS, 2 daughters) so I switched to Geico just last year. Feel like it's a bait-n-switch to get point for a not-moving violation.

Won't hurt to check with Dan...

He had me with Nationwide and minor accident they raised my rate from $325.00 to $489.00 year --- Dan got me in with Progressive --- better coverage for $301.00 year.

No damage on my Slingshot but tore up a little Jeep.

• This is a trick which has been used by Harley riders in Kali -- mostly for "loud pipe" infractions (and this is often with stock pipes on older bikes)... You get the bill for the ticket in the mail. Take the amount owed and transpose 2 digits and overpay by at least $20. The county sends you a refund check. Shred it. Since the "transaction" is incomplete -- the funds and infraction get put on hold. The counties are greedy, they want the money. So, after a few years this "refund check" times out and they are able to take that refund money and put it into their general fund. The transaction will never be completed and the infraction never appears on your record.

I have to admit that this trick works even in MN, not that I admit to using it....... purely theoretical...yep for sure! lol 8o

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.