Insurance going up

• just got my All State insurance renewal notice and it actually went down a bit

Edit - they also keep sending us refund checks because they assume I am driving less because of COVID

:)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• [quote='EricRedSL','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9789-insurance-going-up/&postID=340642#post340642']

I've been with Progressive for 30+- years. Seem to have a good price.slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/119314/

[/quote]

Switch to Progressive

Sent from my SM-G988U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• State Farm110 / month with one totaled SS:S

But here is a Cali thing... I just paid my Truck registration here in Comiefornia. $485 for a 2016 Dodge Ram .....:cursing:

In NJ I believe my truck registration is $85. Gas went up 50 - 70 cents a gallon in the last two weeks. Most don't think of it this way but a friend just incurred an electrical contracting business and is struggling this will add another big thorn in business operating costs.

• In Virginia our registration fees are around $100 a year but we pay by annual personal property taxes based on 80% of the value for a vehicle all rolling stock 3.36 per $100 assessed value. and Gas has jumped almost 60 cents but part of that is a new tax the VA Democrats put in place on gas so that we would stay home and spend more time with our families.

I mean how can you go wrong when you government cares so much. We will be moving as soon as possible!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I don't generally shop....I BUY. I think we all need to learn to Shop insurance. I had a minor accident with the Slingshot last summer.... No damage to the Slingshot but tore up a small Jeep that the young man had just bought. (I took the hit - insurance) but the young man was speeding and I didn't want to put him in a bad spot. Bottom line my insurance company raised my rate 54%. Called Dan the Man (independent agent) in Texas my agent for the company, he went shopping for me and came back with a better policy about 5% less than the cost before the raise from company one. About $188.00 dollars that can go in the gas take for miles of smiles.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Dan has been taking care of the Slingshot family since the early days and wrights

insurance in many states.

• I had coverage thru an independent agent, but switched to AAA after seeing a quite that was almost $3,000/year cheaper. I think the policy coverages for Home, Auto and Umbrella were similar, but had to find a different insurer for the motorcycles and Slingshot once I gave up two-wheels.

• Insurance for a house or vehicle is insanely expensive here in Texas, especially if you're in an area subject to Hurricanes or Tornadoes. Our vehicle policies cost around 50% more, but our house coverage was over 5 x as expensive compared to what we were paying back in Northern Virginia. With the humidity around here, adding Mold coverage is ridiculously expensive.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I don't generally shop....I BUY. I think we all need to learn to Shop insurance. I had a minor accident with the Slingshot last summer.... No damage to the Slingshot but tore up a small Jeep that the young man had just bought. (I took the hit - insurance) but the young man was speeding and I didn't want to put him in a bad spot. Bottom line my insurance company raised my rate 54%. Called Dan the Man (independent agent) in Texas my agent for the company, he went shopping for me and came back with a better policy about 5% less than the cost before the raise from company one. About $188.00 dollars that can go in the gas take for miles of smiles.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Dan has been taking care of the Slingshot family since the early days and wrights

insurance in many states.

A few year back many insurance companies were backing out of operating in the state of NJ (NJ is crazy in so many ways). It was almost impossible to get insurance for the slingshot or any motorcycle in NJ without paying insane prices. I was within days of totally giving up and selling the sling across state lines. Dan was literally the very last hope. He hooked me up (and I always over insure for protection) with great protection at a great price. I also switched over my motorcycle. He was a lifesaver when I needed it.

• I been with State Farm since 1967. I know I should shop but just don't.

Allstate has the best rates for the Slingshot IF you're in Florida and have a good driving record and are over 25 Y/O. The best thing about Florida is as long as you have your Uninsured coverage STACKED on your autos, it carriers over to your Slingshot without having to pay for the U/M coverage on the bike

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @Funinthesun I wouldn't use Allstate if they would cover me for free. My house was with them and I was one of the 50,000 they dropped in Florida when they decided they didn't want to insure old wood houses. I almost had to go with the state insurance as I could not find a company to insure me. The state insurance cost a arm and a leg. Security First went ahead and insured me but for a high price.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Allstate has the best rates for the Slingshot IF you're in Florida and have a good driving record and are over 25 Y/O. The best thing about Florida is as long as you have your Uninsured coverage STACKED on your autos, it carriers over to your Slingshot without having to pay for the U/M coverage on the bike

Allstate is also the insurance company that did not want to pay off after the floods in New Orleans