Insurance going up

• Get ready to empty wallet in FL, depending on where you locate. When I moved from Nashville to Orlando I paid double what I paid in TN and only moved 1 car. Bad drivers, and too many without insurance was story I was told.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

I’m in Cape Coral way south west hopefully not being in a busy area will help me. That sucks to hear though. Damn

• I’m in Cape Coral way south west hopefully not being in a busy area will help me. That sucks to hear though. Damn

Casper2286 The wife and I are planning a visit to the Port Charlotte area the latter half of Feb and hope to ride some with flipr ... hopefully we can meet and ride.

• When going into AAA to get my title transfer done they asked me if I wanted a quote for insurance. Strangely I said yes and would wait a few minutes to get it done. I just received my quote and with my accident included my premium is less than half than what I would be paying with State Farm. State Farm treated me really well but I believe AAA is a quality company as well. Any insights on them or if anyone has them and can offer me an opinion that would be appreciated. Going from $1385 two $685 is significant especially for California. I have to say that this is with my other two vehicles as well in a multi-policy. 250/500 with a $1000 deductible.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Casper2286 The wife and I are planning a visit to the Port Charlotte area the latter half of Feb and hope to ride some with flipr ... hopefully we can meet and ride.

Casper2286 The wife and I are planning a visit to the Port Charlotte area the latter half of Feb and hope to ride some with flipr ... hopefully we can meet and ride.

(Keep me posted)weekends are really my only free time at the moment but def see what I can do.

• My home and autos have been with Safeco for a couple of years, moved off of them a while back too when prices got too high, and I'm back on them to get lower rates again. I will have to say, over the years, I've had to do a couple of claims with them and while they are cheaper, they are harder to work with than the bigger, more expensive companies.

saying that, I'll save money where I can. Dan can do safeco as well and he's getting me better coverage and cheaper than what I was using Allstate with, even after raising my coverage for the mods.

He's checking on my house/auto policies now, to see if he can save me any more money.

• I haven't been happy with allstate since they dropped my homeowners insurance years ago when they dropped 50,000 policies in Florida that had wood frame houses. It was nearly impossible to get reinsured and almost had to go with the states expensive insurance or loose my home. Thank you Allstate. Insured my new SS with State Farm in November for close to 500. Don

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• wokka might be time to give your local statefarm a call, state farm is one of those that normally independent agents(like Dan) can't get.

Here is my policy, I have home/auto discounts as well as clean driving record and high credit score, 38 years old and "single" are the things that keep my policy high yet still cheaper than other locals with other companies.
    This is for a year of coverage.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Thanks, but as you are aware, there are many factors that change your rate, namely zip code and how many claims that a company has had in an area.

I used to be on State Farm about 3 or 4 years ago, a friend of mine is an agent, but she can't touch the prices that Safeco is offering.

• With progressive now...When I setup policy last year I remember that question - Does this slingshot have a turbo, supercharger or other aftermarket racing equipment.. Was no then.. Debating do I call them now and tell them it has one now and take that hit? My experience with aftermarket parts is they won't cover it anyway, only OEM etc.. unless you get a stated policy.

That said would you call and let the insurance folks know they probably should be charging you more after adding more power?

Don't contact them, they will cover up to $5k in "accessories" with receipts for the rate you are getting. I called them prior to doing any mods and they came back with "in most cases the vehicle would be totaled and as long as you have receipts you will get up to $5k coverage, but you do have the option to purchase more accessory coverage whenever you like."

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Just received my renewal notice from Allstate. After following this thread, I was starting to sweat this one, but mine didn't change. I'm paying a little over $300 per year for the same coverages minus the uninsured.

from what I understand there is a great deal of State regulation of insurance industry which can cause huge differences on what gets charged and when and how much increases are permitted

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thanks, but as you are aware, there are many factors that change your rate, namely zip code and how many claims that a company has had in an area.

I used to be on State Farm about 3 or 4 years ago, a friend of mine is an agent, but she can't touch the prices that Safeco is offering.

I don't know your agent and I can only speak from what has happened to other people here locally but a lot of agents set the policy wrong when it comes to the slingshot, one local guy that was with state farm was paying twice what I was paying and I showed him my policy and he couldn't believe it...his Sister in law is his agent, he asked me if it was ok for her to pull my policy and look at it so I went to her office with him and she figured out what she was doing different and he ended up saving 200 and change, the policy went from $6XX to $385.

Again I am just talking about what I have seen that when it comes to insurance click/check the wrong thing and you end up paying out the ass without even knowing and unless the agent is familiar with the product he or she might not realize that there is something wrong.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I don't know your agent and I can only speak from what has happened to other people here locally but a lot of agents set the policy wrong when it comes to the slingshot, one local guy that was with state farm was paying twice what I was paying and I showed him my policy and he couldn't believe it...his Sister in law is his agent, he asked me if it was ok for her to pull my policy and look at it so I went to her office with him and she figured out what she was doing different and he ended up saving 200 and change, the policy went from $6XX to $385.

Again I am just talking about what I have seen that when it comes to insurance click/check the wrong thing and you end up paying out the ass without even knowing and unless the agent is familiar with the product he or she might not realize that there is something wrong.

I agree - here in California the Slingshot is still legally classified as a motorcycle - if you get an agent that doesn't know the rules are different the first thing they will ask is if you have the motorcycle endorsement - class M - drivers license and if they mark that you dont it will make the price of insurance much higher - - In California the Class M is very specifically a two wheel motorcycle endorsement and is not needed for the slingshot - - A knowledgable agent knows how to make sure this question is not a part of the application and does not mess with your rates

When I first found my current agent I called like 4 or 4 different agencies and the first question I asked was "do you know what a polaris slingshot is" and if they said yes I then asked if they knew the M2 endorsement was only for two wheel motorcycles - - my current agent was the first guy who clearly understood and in fact had a friend who had a slingshot - - he cut my rate 2 1/3 of what it was the first year when I had just added it onto my existing policy without price checking first

• I am still in the process of obtaining quotes however AAA classifies the Slingshot as a car. I have inquired twice that they know what the Slingshot is and was assured it was checked into and the classification stands - interesting.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I am still in the process of obtaining quotes however AAA classifies the Slingshot as a car. I have inquired twice that they know what the Slingshot is and was assured it was checked into and the classification stands - interesting.

perhaps the insurance companies here in CA are finally figuring out it really isn't a motorcycle - or at least for insurance purposes it shouldn't be :thumbsup:

Just a bit of a caution, something you might want to ask others about - - I haven't been with AAA insurance in many many years, but back when I was they had a bit of a reputation for dropping people very quickly if they filed a claim - - They were great at paying off on any claims, but if any claim were your fault they would not renew the policy next time it came up

Like I said this was a long time ago so it may no longer be true, but it might be worth asking friends who have had AAA about

NOT a car but a motorcycle.... Federal law