Insurance going up

• .. Debating do I call them now and tell them it has one now and take that hit? My experience with aftermarket parts is they won't cover it anyway, only OEM etc.. unless you get a stated policy...

Years ago, I had a car that had a bunch of aftermarket stuff on it. And I had a policy that showed all of it being covered, specifically called out, photos, everything. When the car was totaled, they still refused to provide the value for the aftermarket parts because as they said "they weren't replacing those parts" because the car was not going to be repaired.

So, no, F'em!

• So it wasn't just me, just received the same notice from Allstate. I'll be giving Dan a call as well.

• My problem is partial use in my area. Winter is a biotch and of course the Slingshot is garaged that whole time. Not a single mile put on it for months. I only use the SS in the late spring through summer into early fall. Nationwide is charging me $39.95 a month for "storage" protection (Fire/Theft) right now.

I need to shop around. I have zero speeding tickets/wrecks.

• Damn allstate...

Hey SoCal , who was your insurance provider? Just asking... ninja-squared

State farm. I just settled everything with them today and did the re up WITH the accident and my premium went up to 111.00/ month from 83/month so that puts me at 1332.00 / year. I may look around but these people treated me like gold throughout the entire process. I actually WANTED to stay with them because of the service. You never really know about your insurance company until you need them. I am happy. BUT if you have a suggestion I am open too. Keep in mind that being in the great state of Comiefornia my reg fees are 223/ year for the SS so everyone has their hand in your pocket.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My problem is partial use in my area. Winter is a biotch and of course the Slingshot is garaged that whole time. Not a single mile put on it for months. I only use the SS in the late spring through summer into early fall. Nationwide is charging me $39.95 a month for "storage" protection (Fire/Theft) right now.

I need to shop around. I have zero speeding tickets/wrecks.

Wow - 39.95 / month...... Please smile and think of us out here.....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I am insured through Dan with Progressive. Both my Road King and Slingshot. Dan is really good working with people and providers. I highly recommend his service. As per his request and because of variances in location and drivers I won't quote his price but I am very happy with his knowledge, service and price.

• State farm. I just settled everything with them today and did the re up WITH the accident and my premium went up to 111.00/ month from 83/month so that puts me at 1332.00 / year. I may look around but these people treated me like gold throughout the entire process. I actually WANTED to stay with them because of the service. You never really know about your insurance company until you need them. I am happy. BUT if you have a suggestion I am open too. Keep in mind that being in the great state of Comiefornia my reg fees are 223/ year for the SS so everyone has their hand in your pocket.

An increase of less than $30/month after totaling a vehicle doesn't sound that bad.

• I have American Family here in MN. My cars and home were identical to or a bit lower than my previous insurer and my slingshot with full coverage is $165.00 per year as long as I insured my house and cars with them. Over $400.00 a year in saving and equal to better coverage. Also got $50.00 per car rebate because of covid and people not traveling as much. Really cant complain with them.

• I’ve had allstate for yrs now they were real good to me when I crashed one of my bikes. Just started my policy back up it’s 96.00 a month for full coverage on the SS a bobber and a sportbike. So i like to think it’s 32 bucks each toy. Still using NY plates with NY insurance not sure what will change when I switch it to FL. Ny is usually overpriced on everything but FL is a year round state so who knows find out one of these days.

• Wokka, I cannot believe you didn't hear about this sooner. About a year ago Allstate who we were insured with got really stupid with their rates. Daniel in Houston told us about a net agent with SAFECO and we saved a ton. Since we both live in Texas this should help you. She is based out of Lubbock. Call this woman!!!

Safeco Ins.

Kayla Johnson

808-451-4810

Cell 325-276-4490

We saved hundreds and got good coverage in the deal.

See you soon

Jamesgn.

• [quote='Casper2286','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9789-insurance-going-up/&postID=333043#post333043']

I’ve had allstate for yrs now they were real good to me when I crashed one of my bikes. Just started my policy back up it’s 96.00 a month for full coverage on the SS a bobber and a sportbike. So i like to think it’s 32 bucks each toy. Still using NY plates with NY insurance not sure what will change when I switch it to FL. Ny is usually overpriced on everything but FL is a year round state so who knows find out one of these days.

[/quote]

Get ready to empty wallet in FL, depending on where you locate. When I moved from Nashville to Orlando I paid double what I paid in TN and only moved 1 car. Bad drivers, and too many without insurance was story I was told.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Try Progressive

I went through USAA first and then to Progressive and my insurance is at $650 this year and it was $600 last year but I had a SxS insured also so that gave me the multiple policy discount last year.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos