My DDM turbo review

• Sure it’s been said over and the over but working with DDM on the stage 1 turbo kit was very easy and pleasant. I ordered during the holidays in the middle of a pandemic so shipping took some time but It was expected. DDM touched base with me to let me know they hadn’t forgotten about me which was real cool. As far as quality top notch everything was boxed up very nice not a scratch or dent on anything. Had to pick up the normal stuff listed in directions I also grabbed a few extra hose clamps of different sizes the BOV clamps were to small for the supplied hose even when fully open but def nothing worth crying about. Gets real tight near turbo doing water/oil lines probably the hardest part of the whole install. Had to call twice at night dave was right there to answer any questions I had excellent support. My Advise be patient with shipping and the Install and def send ur computer out as soon as possible mine took about a month to get done and shipped back out it arrives Wednesday. Can’t wait to fire up the engine as soon as it gets here and check all my connections. Huge thanks to DDM will def be using them again in the future.

• WooHoo! I'm in the same boat. Ordered the Stage 1 Turbo on Black Friday, arrived (5 boxes!) right before Christmas. I actually spent Christmas day going through the boxes to sort out the stuff (I bought lots of other pretty and shiny things to go with it) and then painted the oil pan. And now it sits as I won't have time until Feb to work on it.

I thought the ECM would be a 1 week turn tho? Maybe just time of year.

• WooHoo! I'm in the same boat. Ordered the Stage 1 Turbo on Black Friday, arrived (5 boxes!) right before Christmas. I actually spent Christmas day going through the boxes to sort out the stuff (I bought lots of other pretty and shiny things to go with it) and then painted the oil pan. And now it sits as I won't have time until Feb to work on it.

I thought the ECM would be a 1 week turn tho? Maybe just time of year.

I’m in Florida I sent it out on 12/13 took a week to get there. Then you had all the holidays happen. Bob said he mailed it out 1/6 tracking says at my door 1/13 prob would have been smarter to do two day shipping but with holidays my ass got cheap. Im sure time of year made the process longer. Just my experience I’d get it out and done as soon as you can. With the install i took random days taking things apart so by the time the boxes arrived it was strictly install. Install takes about 6hrs with two people if u have everything off already. Best of luck turbo is tight get ready to use some magic words. Lol

• Sure it’s been said over and the over but working with DDM on the stage 1 turbo kit was very easy and pleasant. I ordered during the holidays in the middle of a pandemic so shipping took some time but It was expected. DDM touched base with me to let me know they hadn’t forgotten about me which was real cool. As far as quality top notch everything was boxed up very nice not a scratch or dent on anything. Had to pick up the normal stuff listed in directions I also grabbed a few extra hose clamps of different sizes the BOV clamps were to small for the supplied hose even when fully open but def nothing worth crying about. Gets real tight near turbo doing water/oil lines probably the hardest part of the whole install. Had to call twice at night dave was right there to answer any questions I had excellent support. My Advise be patient with shipping and the Install and def send ur computer out as soon as possible mine took about a month to get done and shipped back out it arrives Wednesday. Can’t wait to fire up the engine as soon as it gets here and check all my connections. Huge thanks to DDM will def be using them again in the future.

Look forward to feedback, once you get the Slingshot out for a drive :)

Thanks again for your order and please let us know if there is anything else we can answer or help you with,

Dave

• Look forward to feedback, once you get the Slingshot out for a drive :)

Thanks again for your order and please let us know if there is anything else we can answer or help you with,

Dave

Well computer arrived a day early😊 and I was able to fire the lady up tonight. A lot louder then I thought actually sounds like she has some serious balls now. I did find two leaks one was on the water lines were the blue connects to the red (pic) tightened that up leak gone and I had a oil leak on the oil supply to the turbo that one had me nervous cause it was pretty tight already and there are crush washers on both sides figured seal was shot but after cleaning and snugging it tighter a few times doesn’t seem to be leaking anymore will def keep a eye on it. (Pic). Unfortunately it was raining on off here I did get to go up the block and hear that BOV and some power😁. I’m looking forward to the weekend were I can really test her out in the day light. Question what kind of air/fuel should I be seeing? And any idea what Max boost psi I should be seeing with the stage 1? Thanks very happy so far.

• Well computer arrived a day early😊 and I was able to fire the lady up tonight. A lot louder then I thought actually sounds like she has some serious balls now. I did find two leaks one was on the water lines were the blue connects to the red (pic) tightened that up leak gone and I had a oil leak on the oil supply to the turbo that one had me nervous cause it was pretty tight already and there are crush washers on both sides figured seal was shot but after cleaning and snugging it tighter a few times doesn’t seem to be leaking anymore will def keep a eye on it. (Pic). Unfortunately it was raining on off here I did get to go up the block and hear that BOV and some power😁. I’m looking forward to the weekend were I can really test her out in the day light. Question what kind of air/fuel should I be seeing? And any idea what Max boost psi I should be seeing with the stage 1? Thanks very happy so far.

Good to hear you are up and running.

Air/Fuel ratio will change depending on how you are driving. While just idling the air/fuel (A/F) will be in the low/mid 14's, but will oscillate a little bit above/below. While just cruising the A/F will be in the upper 14's, centered around 14.7 (stoichiometric air/fuel ratio) and will oscillate also above and below that slightly. When you start to get into boost the A/F will start to drop and you will see low 12's and 11's depending on engine RPM and load. Boost will be around 6-7 psi depending on where you are picking up the boost signal/gauge accuracy, etc.

Let us know anything else we can answer or help you with,

Dave

• Got to actually take her out for a hour tonight. Very nice and very hard to maintain traction she just wants to dance lol. Readings are great all around thanks for the info and Sounds amazing. I do have two questions I find that I have a very little exhaust leak at the V clamp I have tried taking it off, flipping it around, making it extra tight adjusting the exhaust ect . Seems I just can’t get it right have any tricks to it. Like I said It’s very minor if there’s a trick great if not nothing I can’t live with. 2nd thing I noticed I still am getting very and I mean very little oil coming out of the oil supply to the turbo. The gold washer right between the turbo and the fitting. Tightening it down has gotten it to this point prior it was dumping oil pretty good. I’m starting to hit that concern point of how tight can I go. Not looking for that righty tighty to righty loosey feeling worst ever. Should I try to put just alittle more on it or live with it thoughts? We talking hour ride and I see oil equal to a tear drop at the fitting. Thanks Dave

• Got to actually take her out for a hour tonight. Very nice and very hard to maintain traction she just wants to dance lol. Readings are great all around thanks for the info and Sounds amazing. I do have two questions I find that I have a very little exhaust leak at the V clamp I have tried taking it off, flipping it around, making it extra tight adjusting the exhaust ect . Seems I just can’t get it right have any tricks to it. Like I said It’s very minor if there’s a trick great if not nothing I can’t live with. 2nd thing I noticed I still am getting very and I mean very little oil coming out of the oil supply to the turbo. The gold washer right between the turbo and the fitting. Tightening it down has gotten it to this point prior it was dumping oil pretty good. I’m starting to hit that concern point of how tight can I go. Not looking for that righty tighty to righty loosey feeling worst ever. Should I try to put just alittle more on it or live with it thoughts? We talking hour ride and I see oil equal to a tear drop at the fitting. Thanks Dave

I'll send you a PM to get your shipping address to get some goodies on the way to get you taken care of.

Dave

• Would you look at that customer service!

This is why I highly recommend DDM for Turbo or SC.
    Dave will be there to answer those questions ASAP, not 3 days later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When I worked on aircraft it was standard practice to torque V-band clamps to 1/2 torque then tap the circumference with a mallet. Torque to full torque and re tap again and apply full torque until the clamp is fully seated and the nut no longer tightens when applying required torque.

• Well just like Dave said the parts arrived yesterday. Was able to replace oil feed unit and washer. The little minor leak is now gone 👍. Also got a new exhaust clamp and some sealant that’s on there now setting. The clamp went on a lot better then the first one pretty sure it’s on the money this time. Huge shout out to Dave and DDM for there customer service and help they have definitely earned my business from here out. Great company great people great product. Thanks

• Well just like Dave said he would parts arrived yesterday. Was able to replace oil feed unit and washer. The little minor leak is now gone 👍. Also got a new exhaust clamp and some sealant that’s on there now setting. The clamp went on a lot better then the first one pretty sure it’s on the money this time. Huge shout out to Dave and DDM for there customer service and help they have definitely earned my business from here out. Great company great people great product. Thanks

Glad that took care of the leak for you, let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Dave

• I have a question for Dave@DDMWorks and I'm not sure where to reach out to. A group of us including Painter and SlingRider are looking at a trip that includes South Dakota. There will be at least 3 of us (including those mentioned) that are boosted with DDMWorks superchargers. It appears that 91 octane is available out there, but 93 is few and far between. Average elevation is 5280 feet, so that would likely help with the thinner air.

I'm concerned running boosted and not being able to get 93 (what I've always ran). At the higher elevations, would 91 be safe to run with the Big Kahuna package? I have the earlier tune, haven't opted to get the current one. I would hate to go on vacation and do engine damage due to lean conditions using the available 91 that's local there. If 91 won't be safe, would any octane booster work to help?

Any help or suggestion would greatly be appreciated!

Brent

Goats_Hogs

• You will be good to go, the tune is actually done on 91 octane

• When y’all going. Bout 3 or 4 of us planning to do same?

Keep Three Wheels Down

And how far west? It'd be a hoot to hook up with y'all for a couple days riding in the Dakotas.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Week after the 4th. Hope to see you out there somewhere! We have a dozen (up to 14 is wives drive too) Slingshots and it's going to be a challenge to keep us all together along with gas stops, pee breaks, food and lodging..... with the aggressive routes we have planned. It's still a work in progress.....

And how far west? It'd be a hoot to hook up with y'all for a couple days riding in the Dakotas.

I'll PM you here soon.....