Rest In Peace

• Well, in a process, and a long one that I do not care to elaborate on right now my old girl is a total. Not a good way to start the new year. Me and tripod are going to have to start hanging out now.🙂

New tires, new registration, new headlights, new header, and no Slingshot for the new year.

Can I please have a moment of silence.

:00008862:

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• SoCal I'm sure you'll be riding again before the new year is done, just not with the old girl. Hopefully you'll find the right new girl and have an even better relationship. ;)

• Well, in a process, and a long one that I do not care to elaborate on right now my old girl is a total. Not a good way to start the new year. Me and tripod are going to have to start hanging out now.🙂

New tires, new registration, new headlights, new header, and no Slingshot for the new year.

Can I please have a moment of silence.

:00008862:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• SoCal I know that wasn't the outcome you were looking for. When my '15 got totaled I immediately bought a '16. There was no question for me that I would replace it.

https://losangeles.craigslist.…054-miles/7245254235.html

This one doesn't look too bad (pricewise that is - it's a beauty) in El Reno, OK. Not that close to you I know. It's at a dealer. The only rig I ever bought from a dealer was a Polaris Sportsman quad and I bought it on Jan 5th because I got them to drop their pants to make their first sale of the year.

See where I'm going with this?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Darn machines. Metal and plastic, but they grow on you. You find yourself talking to them. I swear, some of the racket is the machine talking back.

"Don't cry because it's over, laugh because it once was."

• SoCal just curious if you know exactly why they decided to total it? Was there something catastrophically wrong with the frame or would the replacement of the damaged components have cost more than what State Farm thought it was worth?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Totally get it! ( but didn’t need the visual 😜)

So far the only one that has my attention is the Midnight Blue 2021 SL. OR the bare bones S then make it my own. Dark Dark Dark black Cherry and go from there..... we shall see.

• Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. Something from a song but it's true. The slingshot community is about adventure. Some people stand and watch. I'll bet for sure your not that type. Door is open!

• SoCal just curious if you know exactly why they decided to total it? Was there something catastrophically wrong with the frame or would the replacement of the damaged components have cost more than what State Farm thought it was worth?

Ok here goes... I hope this helps others as someone here did for me. I think perhaps SlingLow ( Darn memory) .

The very short of it was the frame was "scratched" Seriously that was it.

Whenever the "frame" comes up in a report they don't want anything to do with it. Had that not been in the report they would have fixed it. Good as new and with the parts list they had even better.

Had I chosen to fix it I would have come out even money wise. 8K. BUT it would have had a "Branded title" as a "total loss". No matter what the finished condition was it would be worth at best half its price if it was not a "total loss". THEN any insurance company that would even think of insuring me would want/need a mechanics written report on road worthiness AND the DMV would have to sign off as well. Then I may only be able to get lib insurance and good luck getting collision as you are wide open to " that was there before" - not going to cover it. All this with a vehicle that is worth half its "true value".

In the end I just had to let her go. Waaaaay to much red tape, possible that it would not be insurable, half the value, good luck trying to sell it some day. Better to start over.

So the sling being the sling if ANYONE gets in an accident and there is a hassle or whatever just get them to say the frame was scratched and it is over. Done. Move on.

Still letting this all settle out and I am still pleasantly on them to give me more for what they are offering. See the below I noticed in the paperwork. The quest continues ....Untitled1.pdf

• Yes, gotta get going on something, new or used? We need pics to help keep us going.
    Just so thankful for no injuries, it’s just a machine!?? No it’s a Slingshot!

Happy New Year and good luck with your choice on another adventure in driving, just hurry up!

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down