Classic Car Pricing: - Who's Got 'Em and Who Wants to Sell?

• Recording it. I hate commercials

and did you see this at the Mecum auction - 2018 Slingshot

be sure to click the link and check out the other pictures. it appears to have several autographs on it, although I have no clue who exactly they are

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• Well, I made a 700+ mile, 12+ hour round trip to Medford, OR and back on Friday to buy another old car. The price was right, but the car had a couple surprises and I came home with an empty trailer. I've found that for almost every car that needs body and paint, the cost of the work exceeds the value of the car. Restoring cars seems to be a way to spend large amounts of cash with little or no opportunity for return. It is truly for the car enthusiasts with decent bank accounts, who love the process and the iron they're working on. I continue to focus on complete cars, with decent body and paint, nice interiors, and in running condition. I drive 'em, enjoy 'em, fix 'em up and tinker on 'em, and benefit from the work another owner did before me. It's best to stay in your own lane in life.

I also watched some of the McCormick car auction in Palm Springs on live-stream this weekend, thanks to a tip from Edward Neal . It was a 3 day affair and 459 cars crossed the blocks generating over $5.8 million in sales, even though rain apparently caused some no-shows. This was their largest auction to date, and I was impressed with the quality and variety of cars offered. A couple of the auctioneers were at the Hot August Nights auction in Reno last year and they are top-notch, highly skilled professionals. I might just tool on down for one of these in the near future, if not for the cars, just for the weather.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well, I made a 700+ mile, 12+ hour round trip to Medford, OR and back on Friday to buy another old car. The price was right, but the car had a couple surprises and I came home with an empty trailer. I've found that for almost every car that needs body and paint, the cost of the work exceeds the value of the car. Restoring cars seems to be a way to spend large amounts of cash with little or no opportunity for return. It is truly for the car enthusiasts with decent bank accounts, who love the process and the iron they're working on. I continue to focus on complete cars, with decent body and paint, nice interiors, and in running condition. I drive 'em, enjoy 'em, fix 'em up and tinker on 'em, and benefit from the work another owner did before me. It's best to stay in your own lane in life.

I also watched some of the McCormick car auction in Palm Springs on live-stream this weekend, thanks to a tip from Edward Neal . It was a 3 day affair and 459 cars crossed the blocks generating over $5.8 million in sales, even though rain apparently caused some no-shows. This was their largest auction to date, and I was impressed with the quality and variety of cars offered. A couple of the auctioneers were at the Hot August Nights auction in Reno last year and they are top-notch, highly skilled professionals. I might just tool on down for one of these in the near future, if not for the cars, just for the weather.

Come on down and if you do, please let me know, I can give SoCal a call and perhaps we can all meet up for lunch :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm with ya Gerald. We have the advantage of being old enough not to have to cave in to the inevitable.

One thing I can tell you is that Chevy's electric Corvette will still be FAST and SEXY, and not some automotive turd!

• Took a ride in the sling today. Didn't get any pictures with the slingshot but came across these cool cars. An old thunderbird that I believe must be from the late 60s space race? A guess by the styling that resembles a rocket ship. I've been by this gas station many times I believe the owner buys old cars fixes then up to licensed condition and sells them.

Image preview

And this cool car.

Image preview

Image preview

• They're not showing up for me Frankie55 .