Anyone here have a connection with Ford that wants to help me.

• That looks like a pretty good deal - only about $100 more than you have invested in the white beast

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• [quote='MACAWS','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9743-anyone-here-have-a-connection-with-ford-that-wants-to-help-me/&postID=340754#post340754']

That looks like a pretty good deal - only about $100 more than you have invested in the white beast

[/quote]

Document fee kills the deal for me. Just call it added profit cuz that's all it is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Just to update. I'm still in a loaner truck. They have the rear end torn apart and the transfer case out now.

There has to be a way to pursue this legally. I am so tired of driving a loaner truck.

Why? You get to beat the piss out of it and not add any miles to yours. Too bad you weren't able to reduce your insurance to the bare minimum while it's inoperable - you could have saved enough on the insurance to make the payment on the loan. Maybe see if your agent can make the changes retroactive to the date it went in. It's worth a call

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Seriously?

Why haven't you called a lawyer?

what are you waiting for?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Lawyer will only cost you more money. They can blame everything on covid and nothing you can do about it. I guess if you don’t mind throwing that much money on a truck then what’s another 5k.
    I would much rather have a Ram 2500 Cummins for 50k and pull that sling around like nothing is back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Lawyer will only cost you more money. They can blame everything on covid and nothing you can do about it. I guess if you don’t mind throwing that much money on a truck then what’s another 5k.
    I would much rather have a Ram 2500 Cummins for 50k and pull that sling around like nothing is back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I Don't know what the lemon laws are in Alabama, but I don't see how it could possibly hurt to get a free consultation with an attorney to see what they have to say - - - - if the laws are there I dont think COVID would make much difference

• I Don't know what the lemon laws are in Alabama, but I don't see how it could possibly hurt to get a free consultation with an attorney to see what they have to say - - - - if the laws are there I dont think COVID would make much difference

Not likely. Laws vary by state but usually apply to a limit of so many miles within so many months. Rab has a LOT of miles on this truck, so Lemon Law would not apply, especially in his state of Alabama.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Yea this wouldn't be a lemon law issue. To old. But still under warranty.

I'm just tired of paying for a Raptor and driving and Lariet. I'm tired of not having tinted windows. I'm tired of swapping loaner trucks and moving my stuff from one truck to another. They don't let the miles get over 3000 on the loaner vehicles.. I kept one for several thounds of miles and they freaked. They didn't remember I had it I guess.

• Breach of warranty is the violation of an express or implied contract of warranty, and thus it is a breach of contract. In other words, it occurs when the warrantor fails to provide the assurance warranted. A seller can expressly or implicitly assure the buyer about the quality or title of an item sold.

IMHO - your have an excellent cause of action under the above. You have been financially damaged and are due compensation. It may take a scalding letter from an attorney to get them off the fence.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Breach of warranty is the violation of an express or implied contract of warranty, and thus it is a breach of contract. In other words, it occurs when the warrantor fails to provide the assurance warranted. A seller can expressly or implicitly assure the buyer about the quality or title of an item sold.

IMHO - your have an excellent cause of action under the above. You have been financially damaged and are due compensation. It may take a scalding letter from an attorney to get them off the fence.

Bill, it sounds like you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

brings up an excellent point - - does a person have a legal right to expect warranty service within a reasonable amount of time and if so what are their legal rights when Ford in this case does not meet that obligation?

Could it even be considered a breach of the original sales contract?

• brings up an excellent point - - does a person have a legal right to expect warranty service within a reasonable amount of time and if so what are their legal rights when Ford in this case does not meet that obligation?

Could it even be considered a breach of the original sales contract?

You would have to scrutinize all the fine print in the warranty to give you an accurate answer to that question. I suspect that Ford would try and hide behind COVID to repudiate any cause of action.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it