Anyone here have a connection with Ford that wants to help me.

• hey guess what.

Still no truck and Ford has had all week to respond to the dealer about what to do next. And they haven't said a word.

It's just really irritating.....

I am afraid this will be my last Ford. I dont know if the other manufacturers are any better. But it looks like it's time to try another brand.

• I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I don't know the lemon laws and I do know they are different in different states, But I think at this point Bill Martin is correct and it is time for you to get a lawyer and find out what your lemon law options are - - I had a coworker some years back that had to go in under the lemon laws almost 2 years after getting a car and she ended up getting back 100% of all of her payments back and more

I think at this point you have given them all the chances they deserve and then some

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think that you have already heard me say the problem with the Chev. Trans also.

• I think that you have already heard me say the problem with the Chev. Trans also.

The 4L60E trans that was in most of the mid-200# to 201# Chevy Truck/Suburban/Avalanche was a good trans. It was just known to have a short life (~150K miles). But because there were so many of them that they were cheap to fix (like Volkswagons).

The new 8 speed in my 2015 Chevy with the 6.2 does suck though. Had the TC replaced at 40K miles already.

• The 4L60E trans that was in most of the mid-200# to 201# Chevy Truck/Suburban/Avalanche was a good trans. It was just known to have a short life (~150K miles). But because there were so many of them that they were cheap to fix (like Volkswagons).

The new 8 speed in my 2015 Chevy with the 6.2 does suck though. Had the TC replaced at 40K miles already.

From a performance standpoint the 4L60 was known for issues, especially the short lifespan you mentioned. Especially if you were adding power beyond the vehicles stock power level. they became very fragile. When you add boost to a 4L60 you'll generally find you have a lot of neutrals after a short amount of time. The 6L80 was the answer to the fragile 4L60. You can push upwards of 800whp through them and they hold up. Obviously if you are beating the snot out of it regularly it is inevitable something is going to fail but the 6L80 is stout and will take a beating.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• The 4L60E trans that was in most of the mid-200# to 201# Chevy Truck/Suburban/Avalanche was a good trans. It was just known to have a short life (~150K miles). But because there were so many of them that they were cheap to fix (like Volkswagons).

Also the 2021 transmission breakfast table friend has been trying to get his foxed for months now

• So, we've read about trans complaints on Fords and Chevies (presumably GMS, as well). Any horror stories from Dodges. MY reverse camera no longer consistently activates when shifting into reverse and given some of Ford's other engineering decisions, I'm not enthusiastic about going to Ford and being told the switch problem means I need a new transmission because it's cheaper to replace the transmission instead of just replacing the switch!=O;)

• I think most of those cameras are turned on by the backup lights. If so you maybe just have a connection going bad, but they might want to replace the tranny anyway.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• So, we've read about trans complaints on Fords and Chevies (presumably GMS, as well). Any horror stories from Dodges. MY reverse camera no longer consistently activates when shifting into reverse and given some of Ford's other engineering decisions, I'm not enthusiastic about going to Ford and being told the switch problem means I need a new transmission because it's cheaper to replace the transmission instead of just replacing the switch!=O;)

I ended up getting rid of my Dodge Magnun RT 2005 because of the trans that dodge would not fix. The sheriff department had 3 dodges in the back lot that they also would not fix. The trans. would just quit pulling going do the highway

• I think most of those cameras are turned on by the backup lights. If so you maybe just have a connection going bad, but they might want to replace the tranny anyway.

Since I learned Ford replaced a simple switch (on the door or door frame to indicate a door that wasn't properly shut) with a combo unit that incorporates the switch in the door lock mechanism and the repair costs went from around $50 to well over $500, I lost faith in Ford's engineering decisions. I also had a brake booster fail that Ford had recognized as a problem that could affect my model year, but Ford denied me coverage and charged me over $1000 to replace the booster and the master cylinder, only to have the booster fail again less than 1 year later. At least this time they called it a warranty repair. Not sure if I'll ever buy another Ford.

• I ended up getting rid of my Dodge Magnun RT 2005 because of the trans that dodge would not fix. The sheriff department had 3 dodges in the back lot that they also would not fix. The trans. would just quit pulling going do the highway

I remember when the Army tried using normal Dodge pickups in an attempt to reduce costs back in the 1980s. IIRC, the Dodges just didn't hold up as well as the Army's custom-designed equipment.

• Well the transmission in all the Ford F150's is the 10R80 10 speed. It was developed by a joint venture between Ford and GM. I believe they use it in most of their vehicles now. It was developed so that could have a transmission that kept the engine rpm always in a sweet spot. They also wanted to reduce the parts they had to carry down so this transmission was developed so that all they would have to do is change the bellhousing and tail piece for each different vehicle.

https://www.autoinfluence.com/…ms-10-speed-transmission/

Ford

10R60

10R80-MHT

10R80

10R140

General Motors

10L80 MF6

10L90 MGL

10L100 (Allison) MGM/MGU

• No closer today to having my Raptor than i was in November. Ford finally told the dealer Tuesday to pull the transmission out and go through it again. It seems like a bad dream. I can't belive that Ford can just take all the time they want and drag this out for months and months.

The dealer did bring me a 2021 Ford F150 Lariet to drive now. I have had no problems with the dealer at all. I didn't even buy my truck from this dealer. I have bought a vehicle in the past from them. So I guess they know I might buy another one in the future. I had to drive all the way to Lexington KY to buy this truck.

This 2021 has a nice interior. It has cameras outside in multiple places.. The dash has a huge screen. And the gearshift will retract flat. The seats also lay down flat so you can take a nap. That will come in handy when your waiting on the tow truck. And you can use the 20 surround cameras on the big screen in the dash to see when the tow truck pulls up without even having to raise the seat up.

• I drove King Ranches for a long time and now a Platinum - have never had an issue with either. Maybe give em a look. The fold down shifter is a cool new feature

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• All this tech is cool and all but it costs a shit-ton of money and can (and does) fail. I wonder how long until one of the manufacturers comes up with a retro-truck with NO tech for the guy that wants to work his truck. I overpaid (in my opinion) a few years back for a '99 Ford F250 to get the 7.3l diesel/6 speed manual combination. It's fully equipped with a fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge, voltmeter and water temp gauge. No screen, no cameras, no heated/cooled seats with built-in bidet. Just a working truck that will outlast me. You simply can't buy that truck new anymore. Kinda sad...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Slinglow I had the same truck in F350. A real plain Jane but it ran good and did what was needed. Only problem I had with it was it took two football fields to turn it around and was a pain in a parking lot.

If the music is to loud you are to old.