Anyone here have a connection with Ford that wants to help me.

• I have been waiting on my Raptor for 2 months to have the transmission repaired. The dealer just called and told me they have no idea when the parts will come in. If someone here has any Ford connections that can help me get my truck repaired please private message me. I have started customer service case with Ford. That was useless I guess because I never heard back from that.

This is the second time the transmission has been rebuilt. The first time it has 20,000 miles on it. It took them over 3 months to fix it that time.

Now is has 80,000 miles on it and the transmission is out again.

I just can't believe the dealer can't just request a new or even factory rebuilt transmission and get the truck repaired. They are saying that Ford forces them to rebuild the original transmission. That would be ok if they had the parts to allow the dealer to rebuild it. I would think that if they don't have the parts they should send a transmission to the dealer to swap out.

If someone actually does have some ability to help you can email me at info@slingshotinfo.com or just click my name rabtech and send me a private message. The Ford case number is cas28792654 if that helps someone.

• Bobby

if you get a chance please send me the VIN number to your truck. I assume they are rebuilding the complete transmission. Spoke to my Ford guy and he told me Ford is having all kinds of trouble with back ordered parts.

Is Ford repairing this for you under warranty?

• I will look into this for you Bobby.

Thanks so much. Anything you can stir up is greatly appreciated....

Yall will love this..

About 30 mins ago I got a call from the Ford "customer relations person". She was absolutely the most un-informed individual i have talked to in a long time. She said "I have spoken to the parts department at your dealership and they advised me they are waiting on parts to come in."

NO KIDDING!

Then I asked her the next obvious thing..... When did they expect the parts to arrive.... Y'all will love this answer..... she said "The parts department didn't have an exact day that they would be in."

NO KIDDING!

So I said .... Its been two months and Ford has not sent the parts. So i called the customer service center to get help with this problem directly from Ford.. Now your telling me that you (the Ford customer service rep) called my dealership's parts department to ask THEM if they had any info on when the parts would arrive.

WOW!

This is going to be one of those really long drawn out issues I'm afraid.

• Bobby

if you get a chance please send me the VIN number to your truck. I assume they are rebuilding the complete transmission. Spoke to my Ford guy and he told me Ford is having all kinds of trouble with back ordered parts.

Is Ford repairing this for you under warranty?

1FTFW1RGXHFA23616 is my VIN it is a 2017 Ford Raptor.

They are rebuilding the transmission. This will be the second time its been rebuilt.

Heck, I have never had it off of the pavement. Unlike my Slingshot....Its never even spun a back tire. Lol

They also are supposed to have replaced the Cam Phasers while it was in for the transmission issue. They were chattering when you first start the truck.

It is under warranty. It has 80,000 miles on it. I have the ESP warranty and its covered for 7 years and 125000 miles.

• Sounds like you may need to find a different dealer not a different brand

• Chev. is also having a transmission problem. A friend bought a new one about 8 months ago. Nothing but problems, so far they will not or can not fix it. Last week they were working on a new truck exchange.

The 10 speed is a joint venture between Ford and GM. Same mechanicals with each having their own programming. The 18 Tahoe RST 6.2 we had was reprogrammed twice before it was barely acceptable. The same in the SC'd 19 Escalade we replaced it with has been flawless but Hennessy tweaks it, with the ZL1 programming I believe.

..... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The 10 speed is a joint venture between Ford and GM. Same mechanicals with each having their own programming. The 18 Tahoe RST 6.2 we had was reprogrammed twice before it was barely acceptable. The same in the SC'd 19 Escalade we replaced it with has been flawless but Hennessy tweaks it, with the ZL1 programming I believe.

..... nerd-squared

Hennessey... Very nice... 👏

• The 10 speed is a joint venture between Ford and GM. Same mechanicals with each having their own programming. The 18 Tahoe RST 6.2 we had was reprogrammed twice before it was barely acceptable. The same in the SC'd 19 Escalade we replaced it with has been flawless but Hennessy tweaks it, with the ZL1 programming I believe.

..... nerd-squared

I had a 17 Silverado with an 8 speed and a 6.2 and the transmission sucked. The day I traded it for a 19 with a 6.2 and a 10 speed there was a guy there with a Camaro doing the same thing. But I have to say that the 10 speed in my new truck has been great. I did have a bunch of brake related programing recalls. bBecause I have no luck with brakes in anything I own. But I love the truck

rabtech - That Dodge truck is beautiful with exception of the price. I guess thee will be another Silverado or maybe Tahoe in my future unless Doge accepts Panda Coins

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!