Important Notice from Polaris

• Did anybody else get this email? Is it legit?

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM POLARIS INC.

An individual named Donald Ray Speed III has filed a lawsuit against Polaris Inc. in California Superior Court for the County of Fresno, Case Number 17CECG02530. This is not a class action lawsuit, and you are not named or represented in this lawsuit.

Mr. Speed experienced an accident in his 2015 Polaris Slingshot vehicle. Polaris's records show that you submitted a warranty claim for your Polaris Slingshot concerning a component that may be relevant to an issue alleged in Mr. Speed's lawsuit.

Mr. Speed's attorneys would like to have your contact information to help in their investigation. Mr. Speed's attorneys would like to contact you to obtain your input as to whether Mr. Speed's allegations in his lawsuit are accurate.

The Court has ordered that this letter be sent to you to determine if you would object to Mr. Speed's attorneys receiving your name and contact information so that they can contact you for their investigation. You may elect not to have your information disclosed to Mr. Speed's attorneys on the grounds of privacy.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED TO MR. SPEED'S ATTORNEYS, YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING BY JANUARY 21, 2021:
    RESPOND BY EMAIL: On or before January 21, 2021, email optout@polaris.com with the phrase "OPT-OUT." Include your name as an electronic signature. Or, if you received this notice by email, simply click here to create your reply.

If you do nothing in response to this Notice, your full name, home address, telephone number(s), and/or email address that are on file with Polaris will be disclosed to Mr. Speed's attorneys.

Mr. Speed's attorneys have agreed that your contact information will be kept confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than Mr. Speed's investigation for his lawsuit.

Whether or not you decide to opt-out, you are not required to speak with either Mr. Speed's or Polaris's attorneys, paralegals, or investigators.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Contact information for the parties' attorneys is as follows:

Attorneys for Plaintiff Donald Ray Speed III

Nicholas Wagner, Esq.
    WAGNER JONES KOPFMAN & ARTENIAN LLP
    1111 E. Herndon Ave., Suite 317
    Fresno, CA 93720
    (559) 449-1800
    bwagner@wagnerjones.com

Attorneys for Defendant Polaris Inc.

Hyongsoon Kim, Esq.
    Kelsey S. Morris, Esq.
    Lauren E. Huennekens, Esq.
    AKIN GUMP STRAUSS HAUER & FELD, LLP
    1999 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 600
    Los Angeles, CA 90067
    (949) 885-4100 lhuennekens@akingump.com

THIS NOTICE IS NOT A COMMUNICATION FROM THE COURT AND IS NOT AN EXPRESSION OF ANY OPINION BY THE COURT AS TO THE MERITS OF THE CLAIMS OR DEFENSES BY EITHER SIDE IN THE LITIGATION. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE COURT OR THE CLERK OF THE COURT.

POLARIS

© 2020 Polaris Industries Inc.
    2100 Highway 55, Medina, MN 55340

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Generally I would expect this type of communication to be sent to me in writing and not by e-mail - - as such I would probably ignore it

If you feel the need you could try to contact polaris directly to see if they will verify this, but if you do I suggest you do not use the phone numbers or email that is in this email you received - - if you want to contact them look up the number yourself or call a dealer and get the contact info from them

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Or just Google some of the keywords and see what comes up and/or call the attorneys listed...

I've got notices before about Google lawsuits, etc, and they've been legit. Only got like 4 dollars from the "settlement" or in some cases other ways of compensation, such as free credit monitoring, etc. Sometimes I take, other times no.

Just don't click on things without verifying first. And of course, never provide personal information like passwords or social security numbers... Name, address, etc is public record, even if you're "unlisted"...

• I have setup my email to automatically tag as spam and delete anything that comes from an address not in my white list(address book).

The same for my phone, if you are not in my phonelist your call gets ignored.

PS. Personal phone and email that is.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I researched this case and it appears to be a legitimate case in California. I agree I was not impressed by the “you must opt out” or your information will be sent to them. If you click the link to respond it directs it towards Polaris. You also have the option of not clicking the link and sending them an email directly.

• I researched this case and it appears to be a legitimate case in California. I agree I was not impressed by the “you must opt out” or your information will be sent to them. If you click the link to respond it directs it towards Polaris. You also have the option of not clicking the link and sending them an email directly.

Thanks for the info !!

• I will add I didn’t find the paperwork that directed Polaris to provide info but in all honesty there is a lot of documents dating back several years with court appointments scheduled through next year. I didn’t read everything so may have missed where Polaris was ordered to provide info. If it is legit I’m not real impressed with the email and have to opt out part.

• I will add I didn’t find the paperwork that directed Polaris to provide info but in all honesty there is a lot of documents dating back several years with court appointments scheduled through next year. I didn’t read everything so may have missed where Polaris was ordered to provide info. If it is legit I’m not real impressed with the email and have to opt out part.

If you read the info, then what is this lawsuit about? Steering locking up or Swingarm failure, just a guess. I had the steering lock up on my 2015, I was lucky we had just dropped off the mountain into a valley and the steering would not turn on a long sweeping left turn. Nothing from Polaris except nothing wrong with the steering.

• It appears to focus on steering wheel lockup or loss of steering/rollover/seatbelt failure causing significant injuries.

Update because I don’t want to provide bad info. This was pulled from the public court document:

He experienced a stiffened steering wheel

It looks like approximately 640 people should be getting the email/letter.

Edited 6 times, last by Fyrzout: Last update promise. Don’t want any legal issues lol ().

• BD thinks it's a Deep State plot to get rid of all Slinginfo members.

BD? - - - BD isn't even a real person. BD is actually a a large group of people working for a consortium of wealthy businesses all run by the Illuminati. These individuals all post disinformation on many different websites under the BD name with the goal of sewing discontent and unrest thus keeping people divided and increasing the power of the Illuminati and their hold over the people of the world

=O=O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies