Rediculous prices

• I always thought the slingshot was pricey to mod until I started looking at other small production run vehicles. I considered doing a Lotus Evora...and brakes were over $6K... Clutch is over $8k... Exhaust over $4k. Ultimately with small volume vehicles the price will never be Honda Civic pricing...but all in all Slingshot isn't all that bad all things considered..

But some of those stickers and LEDs are painfully expensive.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Not going to argue the price, but realize that these are not just "decals" (stickers) to put up there. They are raised vinyl embossed individual letters that will last quite a while too. And they are doing customizing by allowing you to pick what you want it to say.

Note that even their "standard" 7-letter Polaris lettering runs $39.99. I've had them and they last quite a while.

• MANY, MANY years ago, when Cadillacs were Cadillacs instead of Chevy production line rejects, there was a joke about a prospective buyer asking the dealer what kind of gas mileage a new Caddy got. The answer was, "If you have to ask, you can't afford the car."

In the business of boats, motorcycles and other adult toys, the answer is the same. If you have to worry about the cost, you need a new hobby.

• I agree. What a lot of people dont do is research the same parts all over the net. A lot of sling owners stick to the top 2 or 3 stores dedicated to the sling and end up paying much more at times. You can often find the alternatives all over the web for much less doing a bit of work. I do wish there were more companies offering products for the sling. Specially when it comes to engine mods.

• Then again, keep it in the forum and with our members! Slingshot Garage does amazing emblem work! And these ain't no cheapo stickers or raised vinyl...

Not sure if he's still at work, but give him a DM...

Agreed! Slingshot Garage rocks! Mark made me two replacement plaques for my ship's engine telegraph, right down to the intricate scrollwork at the bottom. These are perfect and indistinguishable from the originals except they're much better.

Old:

New:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I agree. What a lot of people dont do is research the same parts all over the net. A lot of sling owners stick to the top 2 or 3 stores dedicated to the sling and end up paying much more at times. You can often find the alternatives all over the web for much less doing a bit of work. I do wish there were more companies offering products for the sling. Specially when it comes to engine mods.

Motorcycle stuff has always been way overpriced. Samsonite is top of the line luggage. You can shop around and buy a hardside suitcase of that brand for $150.00. A motorcycle top box will be 2 to 4 times that. Remove the wheels and handle from a suitcase and PRESTO!! Same material, some are even inferior.

Buy a luggage bag that fits in a SlingShot storage bin, OR a duffel bag from Walmart. Price difference is over $100.00. Storage space difference is negligible. I pack our stuff in 2 or 3 cheap ( under $5) back packs from Menards. The expensive bags . . . everything tossed together like a dog's lunch. The back packs allow us to separate stuff by usage.

• I always thought the slingshot was pricey to mod until I started looking at other small production run vehicles. I considered doing a Lotus Evora...and brakes were over $6K... Clutch is over $8k... Exhaust over $4k. Ultimately with small volume vehicles the price will never be Honda Civic pricing...but all in all Slingshot isn't all that bad all things considered..

But some of those stickers and LEDs are painfully expensive.

I have said this before, the slingshot mods are cheap in comparison....... I wonder if any of the people complaining about mod price have ever owned and modded anything other than the slingshot?(honda civics and the like don't counts lol)

How about a bike that cost 7.5k OTD brand spanking new and a whole exhaust system for it cost $4000..... 1 mod is over 50% of the bike price, the most expensive generic exhaust for the sling is $2499.

To the OP, anyways if modding a slingshot is not within your bugget then don't but complaining that it is overpriced and expensive is inaccurate and shows your lack of knowledge about the mod market.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I hear it all the time , Slingshots and their mods are so overpriced, These people obviously never bought a,,,,, or mod, for a,,,,, UTV, ATV, snowmobile, boat , Harley Davidson or any other late model toy, and they are far more mass produced then the Slingshot !

• I hear it all the time , Slingshots and their mods are so overpriced, These people obviously never bought a,,,,, or mod, for a,,,,, UTV, ATV, snowmobile, boat , Harley Davidson or any other late model toy, and they are far more mass produced then the Slingshot !

I am one to complain as well... Because funds are limited yet desires are high... 😆

But... I much more respect the forum members who actually care, participate, and design/craft their own mods for sale or are a distributor, such as yourself...

But tuff skins? Those stickers? Yeah... I'm gonna complain and won't respect the "limited, toy segment" argument. That doesn't cost much and they're clearly taking advantage... But enough people buy so it is what it is... Others research and use their money elsewhere... My 2 cents.

• I am one to complain as well... Because funds are limited yet desires are high... 😆

But... I much more respect the forum members who actually care, participate, and design/craft their own mods for sale or are a distributor, such as yourself...

But tuff skins? Those stickers? Yeah... I'm gonna complain and won't respect the "limited, toy segment" argument. That doesn't cost much and they're clearly taking advantage... But enough people buy so it is what it is... Others research and use their money elsewhere... My 2 cents.

I’m just happy that you like yourself! That’s important! :D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Amen Brother I got a great deal on a Honda Talon with 600 miles on it - wasn't such a great deal when I was done modding it out!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!