Any Celebrities Out There?

• Oh yeah.... 3GunSteve here and my 2.8 hundred instragram followers. Currently pimping a .50 cal rifle raffle you can get in on here - https://wn.nr/HMGJcQ

Bahahaha - I was sponsored two seasons ago when companies still had money to advertise. That seems to be dried up these days...

p.s. if you do sign up for that raffle codeword BMG will save you watching the video for extra entries lol

• just curious if anyone knows if Shaquille O'Neal or any other famous people that own a Slingshot are members of this forum?

Several, just ask them around here. We have Tripod he's known world wide. SlingLow is another that is world infamous. Of course, everyone knows rabtech

• SlingLow I call that Bu11Shit

OK Harv, since you showed up I'll tell the story. My dad passed suddenly and unexpectedly in 1972 at age 47. His 5 younger brothers, my uncles, reached out to my adolescent brother and myself (12 and 13 years old) to try and keep us on the straight and narrow. Dad's youngest brother, Uncle Larry, was a Professor of Sports and Leisure at University of Oregon in Eugene, OR. In the fall of 1973 he invited me down for a weekend to take me to a basketball game. While we were walking through the upper concourse at McArthur Court to find our seats, Uncle Lar pointed out a shaggy looking guy with old baggy jeans and crappy tennis shoes walking in front of us by himself and told me, 'That's Steve Prefontaine'. I knew of Steve from the '72 Olympics which gave him international renown, so I broke stride with my Uncle and did the quick step until I was about ten feet in front of Pre. I broke into a trot for a few yards, then spun around and trotted back to my Uncle and joined stride with him again. 'What was that?', my uncle asked. I told him, 'I just ran in front of Steve Prefontaine!'

Not many guys can say that.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I don't think celebrities normally do forums. The only one I know is David Packouz who cameo'd in a movie about his life War Dogs.

He is also a inventor. He invented this "drummer in a pedal" device and he was promoting it on various music forums and is fairly active on their facebook page (Singular Sound and Beat Buddy). Nicest guy, actually met him during the early days where he was attending any music gear related trade show. He attended one in Florida... (Side note: I was a MASSIVE fan of the concept and a big proponent of the Beat Buddy) so when he saw me he called out my name. Spent several hours at their booth, part chilling part pretending to be staff...

• Oh yeah.... 3GunSteve here and my 2.8 hundred instragram followers. Currently pimping a .50 cal rifle raffle you can get in on here - https://wn.nr/HMGJcQ

Bahahaha - I was sponsored two seasons ago when companies still had money to advertise. That seems to be dried up these days...

p.s. if you do sign up for that raffle codeword BMG will save you watching the video for extra entries lol

Watched one of the YouTube videos you can watch to get more entries in the .50 BMG giveaway - funny stuff. Here’s a screenshot of one they were farting around with, “tricking it out”... :00008172:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• From what I understand the boxer Timothy Bradley is a slingshot owner I have been told it is camouflage wrap but I have not seen it and I have no clue if he is on any forums

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was kinda hopeful that when I finally reached the end of this thread, there'd actually be a reply from "Shaq" himself saying, "Yeah, here I am! 8)...lol

OMG that reminded me of this guy on a Triumph motorcycle forum that looked EXACTLY like George Lucas but without the "turkey gobbler" neck.

I would joke with him that he had ILM (Industrial Light and Magic, a movie special effects company) make the gobbler for him so when he wants to go incognito all he has to do is remove it.

Told him that if he wants me to stop exposing his real identity to send 1 copy of the original Star Wars trilogy in high definition UNALTERED...

it never arrived.

• I have 3 best sellers and many professional awards, and my latest book is being used in schools across the country and in more than 20 other countries to train teachers to do a better job teaching astronomy and space science in the classroom.

However, none of the praises from professional colleagues measure up to the "Good job, Doc!" I get from friends here after I do something simple like installing a short shifter.

"Celebrity" usually means lots of people who don't know you believe your press releases. Real praise from folks who know your shortcomings and have seen your ugly mug in person without cringing is far more valuable.

God keep me off the celebrity list and solidly in my friend's good graces. I think I know when I am well off!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Celebrities or famous people either don't have time to mess with the internet or they have a person that handles that sort of thing.

The only thing that I have noticed over the years is that my Slingshot is recognized by more people than I am. lol It does seem to have a life of its own. :zany_face:

However I have noticed that it stops being recognized once it leaves the Eastern half of the US. :disappointed_face:

• Celebrities or famous people either don't have time to mess with the internet or they have a person that handles that sort of thing...

I think the latter is true. A friend of mine sunk 20k into redoing his truck (Kevlar paint!?!) and he told me that most of the clients of that shop are celebrities. They just sink a crap ton of money into their toys.

He told me that major sports teams don't want their athletes on motorcycles (a stipulation in their contract) so alot of them are on Slingshots.