My own fabrications

• I like to tinker. I am a machinist, and I also have a CNC router and 3D printer at home. I thought I would post some of the things I have made so far. The overall style I am going for with my Slingshot is OEM Plus.

I installed a DDMWorks superchager this past summer. I do not like any of the gauge pods available, so I made my own. Right now I have 3 gauges, but I plan on adding another gauge, so I made a 4 gauge pod also. I machined them on my router, and did a lot of hand work to get the look I wanted, but I plan on trying to 3D print one to see if I like it better.

I also installed a catch can and made a bracket that mounts to the factory air cleaner bracket in front of the engine. I only have a picture of the bracket as it sits on the router table, but it shows how I keyed the mount to the air cleaner bracket so it won't swivel.

• Wow! very nice - - - - I would love to have access to things like a CNC router and of course the knowledge to use it - - - oh well 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Glad you are joining us and designing some neat new stuff & sharing. Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity". Lots of good people here and a few of us crazies'

• Welcome Oomp ! Love the gauge cluster. Any plans to sell sell some?

And so it starts. Oomp this is definitely something that others will be interested in. Nice work!

And put me on your list...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• JUST WHEN I THOUGHT NOBODY ELSE COULD GET THEIR HAND IN MY POCKET FOR MY SLING - her comes Oomp. Just tell me where to send the check 😩. It never ends does it :00008172: Excellent work and welcome to the forum Oomp

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Nicely done! I like the gauge install a lot :thumbsup:

• Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

In regard to the sunlight making the gauges less visible, I can only recall once where I could not see them well. I was worried about that when I was designing the bracket. My main concern was keeping them on the same plane/depth as the faces of the speedo and tach. I can't move them any further under the overhang of the dash.

In regard to selling some, I can't make any promises, but I am trying to make more. Please let me explain. The material I used is a marine grade plastic (sometimes called Starboard) that has a textured surface. I chose it because of the texture. I actually use it to make most anything I machine out of plastic. The biggest issue is I can't buy it in a 1.5 inch thick slab, so I glued two 3/4 inch slabs together. The seam bothers the heck out of me. I addressed it by sanding the outside shape until the seam line was lessened, then I sandblasted the surface to blend, and give it some texture. I see all the flaws though. I plan on increasing the size of my 3D printer, and I am going to try and print a 4 gauge bracket. I already ran a simulation, and the print will take 18 hours, LOL. But is only about 1/5 the cost material wise versus the plate stock. If that works out, then I will definitely post my results, and will be more than happy to share my workZ. However, I would be willing to sell my 3 gauge bracket after I install my 4 gauge bracket.

So, now I would like to get opinions on the fourth gauge. I am waiting for my DDMWorks oil cooler/filter relocation kit to ship, before I install the 4 gauge bracket. I can install a water temp, oil temp, or oil pressure gauge. I am leaning towards oil pressure, because in a sense it can tell me whether the engine is at operating temperature also. Any opinions?

• So jealous! The 2 main tools I'd like to experiment with are a 3D printer and a CNC Router. When I took pre-Engineering in 1971 before volunteering for the Draft in 1972, one of my classmates had just transitioned from surveyor to CNC programming. I still spend too much time on YouTube looking at DIY CNC Router setups.

• So jealous! The 2 main tools I'd like to experiment with are a 3D printer and a CNC Router. When I took pre-Engineering in 1971 before volunteering for the Draft in 1972, one of my classmates had just transitioned from surveyor to CNC programming. I still spend too much time on YouTube looking at DIY CNC Router setups.

1972? Thank you for your service.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• 1972? Thank you for your service.

Thanks. Volunteering for the Army made quite a difference in my life. Met my Wife while studying German at the Defense Language Institute while she was in the Air Force studying Russian. Our assignments qualified us both for our future employment after we left our respective services. I had 11.5 years on Active Duty and another 24 years as a Civilian working as an Intelligence Analyst for the Army and my Wife did a little over 4 years in the Air Force and worked 30 years for the Army developing Intelligence Collection and Processing systems before working Intelligence Budgeting for the Army and then DOD.

• Thanks. Volunteering for the Army made quite a difference in my life. Met my Wife while studying German at the Defense Language Institute while she was in the Air Force studying Russian. Our assignments qualified us both for our future employment after we left our respective services. I had 11.5 years on Active Duty and another 24 years as a Civilian working as an Intelligence Analyst for the Army and my Wife did a little over 4 years in the Air Force and worked 30 years for the Army developing Intelligence Collection and Processing systems before working Intelligence Budgeting for the Army and then DOD.

Thank you both for your service.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I think I've posted this before, but we never really heard anyone thank us for our servcie when we lived in the DC area. I guess that makes sense since there are so many vets and active military personnel in the area. Kinda like the area inside the Pentagon being a no salute area, otherwise, people taking a break or eating a quick lunch would never really get a break since they'd be saluting all of the time.:)

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• My DDMWorks oil cooler/filter kit came in, so I decided to add an oil pressure gauge. I installed my 4 gauge pod. I am able see the digital display just above the turn signal stalk (in it's neutral position), when I am seated.

I also broke up my 3d model into two pieces, but so that they link together. I tried to 3d print them on my small printer, and they came out like I expected. There are still some kinks to work out. I am going to keep at it. I may make them smaller yet, and not wrap over the top of the speedo/tach.