Headlight Harness Recall Problem

• Ok, so I have a new problem. It's related to having the headlight wire harness recall done.
    So now the outside lights stay on until I get creative with the relay bypass fix, but I have no center lights at all.
    I have the Bypass switch mod and doesn't matter what I do with the switch, no lights! Need help to figure out where the issue might be.
    The recall shouldn't have messed with that part of it as I understand it. The recall just reassigns the outside lights to the new circuit/relay.

Oh, I have HID's installed and they worked when I dropped it off.

• I pulled the wires into the fusebox and replaced with the 20 amp fuse from the new circuit and they work. So wiring has to be correct and the lights do work.
    30 amp fuse in the bypass harness is good. All it is, is a loop to the switch and back to cut the circuit if I understand it correctly.

• Check to see if you have power at the end of the factory harness where it plugs into the HIDs. If you do, I'm thinking they reversed how the plugs join. I know that a least one of the popular HID kit warned you to not go by how the plugs would normally connect because the HID harness wires could be reversed. I had that this issue after the recall and the dealer said they never touched the wires, which proved to be a lie after I finally remembered the wire were reversed. Hope this helps.

• Check to see if you have power at the end of the factory harness where it plugs into the HIDs. If you do, I'm thinking they reversed how the plugs join. I know that a least one of the popular HID kit warned you to not go by how the plugs would normally connect because the HID harness wires could be reversed. I had that this issue after the recall and the dealer said they never touched the wires, which proved to be a lie after I finally remembered the wire were reversed. Hope this helps.

The recall harness is after the fusebox, when powered up, the fusebox relay feeds power to the fused portion, the bypass kit replaces the fuse in the the fusebox with a inline fuse and a switch whereby you can 'break' the circuit preventing the lights to come on. Since I put a regular fuse in, that negates the bypass harness entirely and since the lights came on, the wiring on the harness plugging into the HID's was correct and I also verified it.

Now for the good news! :00008674: Fricking spade connectors and electrical crap. You mess with them, move them around and flakey things start to happen. I disconnected all the connectors on the bypass harness and crimped the female connectors down further with a pliers and reconnected everything, walaa! It works again! Which connector was flakey, hell I don't know. I just wanted them working again until I get the time to redo the bypass thing by subverting the grounds on the feed relays. I'm not impressed with the rinkydink way the bypass harness plugs into the fuse holder, so doing the relays instead will take care of that.

Thanks everyone for the help, just letting me vent and bounce it off others helps me troubleshoot sometimes and work the problem.

• I was thinking about that recall ... I hard pass on that since I went HIDs. Sorry to hear that @SlingJockey

You should still be able to get the relay fix. I had HIDs installed and got the relay fix. (OF course, maybe I just lucked out with my dealer. I told them I had HIDS just before they started the fix).
    When the mechanic reconnected the HIDs to the wiring, he connected them the way the connectors are designed and no lights. For some reason, my HID connectors hooked up the opposite of the standard connectors. Once I showed them on one headlight, they fixed the rest.

When I first tested LED bulbs for the Center headlights, my Center headlights would sometimes go off if I went over 60 mph and come back on at about 40 mph and stay on as long as I didn't go over 60 mph. When the Center headlights went off, the outer auxiliary headlights would stay on, even though the original wiring had all 4 headlights on the same circuit. I tried some HIDS and the same thing happened. Now that I have had the relay fix, I haven't yet had a recurrence. I have since installed the Cycle Springs Canadian Headlight kit w/ all 6 LED bulbs.

Edited once, last by BKL ().