Quad Question - Still get all the looks?

• [quote='Shack','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9717-quad-question-still-get-all-the-looks/&postID=328828#post328828']

We need a Maggie valley reunion with all the originals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/114672/

[/quote]

Now there is a group of fine young men. I am swinging through Tampa today Shack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• A quad conversion is on my list to do one day. Probably not next year, but eventually. In fact I don't know who's sling this is (pictured below), but it's been my inspiration and "end goal" when I think of where I want to get my sling to looks wise. Here is the problem... the wife and I were talking tonight and she said if I did that she'd never ride in it again. I was kinda shocked...she said it'd lose all the uniqueness of the 3 wheel, yada yada. She won't say it, but she loves all the looks we get with the sling. That night downtown Denver with a big group and parading around downtown, she felt like a prom queen. So honestly I think that's what it is for her and feels like that goes away with conversion.

So without starting a debate on 3 vs 4 wheel, as that's not my intention - curious for those of you that have the quad do you still get the same "sweet ride" looks/comments? More/Less? They are unique as hell either way in my opinion - I'm just chasing the adult go cart thing I think personally.

I can tell you that I have been a lot of car and coffee's and larger shows...including the Hot Wheels Legends tour. I can tell you that the Slingshot is a minority in those shows...then you show up with a 4 wheel and you steal the attention of any other slingshot that is there. I got a lot more questions and pictures taken at shows after the TrakHamr kit went on.

From a performance standpoint...3 wheels vs 4 wheels...it's not even a comparison. The 4 wheel set up allows you to go in to corners faster, come out of the corners faster, goes faster and quicker in a straight line, and you don't have to do the butt pucker over pot holes. Is it an expensive upgrade? YES. Is it worth it? YES!

Finally...for those that keep saying "jUsT bUy A cAr!"... a couple of points:

1. It's not your money.
    2. There is no car that can compete at the price point that is mass manufactured. With the Slingshot and Mods, I am in at around $46K...and nothing gets the attention and has the performace that the slingshot has now.
    3. It's not your money.

4. It doesn't drive like any other vehicle...and this includes the Ariel Atom or the Donkervort. Having driven both of those...they are very surgical in the way it handles the road...and you would expect that at the price point. The Slingshot Seems to be more visceral . It is very raw and beats up corners more than it handles them precision. The other 2 are give or take $80K more than what I have in to my Slingshot.

5. It's not your money.

6. If you have boost, a quad kit is necessary. It's like taking the training wheels off. You actually can use the power...all the power you are paying for. Or you can buy tires every 5-6k miles. Sure...more expensive tires with better rubber helps, then you have the angle drive, and multiple other issues you could potentially run in to. Prior to the quad set up I was already on my 4th rear tire. That alone was around $1300 in tires.

7. It's not your money.

8. It's not your money.

9. It's not your money.

10. It's not your money.

The list just felt like it needed to be 10 items.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• First of all I will say that I'm not a candidate for a quad conversion. I'm not boosted and it's not my tendency to modify vehicles, although that hasn't held true with the Slingshot. I've done a few performance upgrades like shocks, short-throw, Momo steering wheel, seats, windshield, and a DDM sway bar that's on it's way now. I don't, however, have a desire for large ticket items. I took the money that could have been a turbo, quad conversion and air ride, and bought a 'Vette instead to get that kind of performance. The Sling to me is just a fun toy to rip around in the open air and act like a juvenile senior delinquent. So I was surprised how much I liked the quad when I first went for a ride with one. The best way I can put it is that it's a whole different kind of cool. You still get the impact of the unique styling of the Sling that produces people's reactions but the fourth wheel makes it different. Definitely not less cool, maybe more because it's still unique to me. Imagine coming up on a T-Rex and an Ariel Atom. Which one do you like? Both of them of course! You can love more than one child.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• All this talk of wives that won't ride if your add the 4th wheel, I'm surprised that threat alone hasn't boosted sales of the quad kit.

Always helps to see the 'new' stuff in person sit in/ride in --- you need to get as much in person info as possible.

Yeah that's usually when it cost you money. Or atleast that's what happened to me. Last year at homecoming wife saw Bu11sh1t seats and of course took him up on his offer to sit in them. Then sooner than I can realize she's online designing a set and telling me to click order. But hey, who's gonna complain when the wife is adding things to your Slingshot cart.

• There is a huge limit with just 3 wheels. I will tell you that there is more problems than just traction when you get over 400whp. At 60mph I could punch it and instead of spinning the rear (which happens at 60mph with cheap tires) on Pilot Sport Cups, I would jump teeth on the rear sprocket. Sounds like a grenade going off at the angle drive.

I MUST go to 4 wheels, its just not an option for me and probably anything at 300whp or higher.

Would it lose any luster? Have you seen someone pull up in a KTM xbow? I have and its a spectacle to behold. Quad kits have the same aura.

There are 500 or so out there? slingshots are in the 70,000 range? People gravitate to the stuff they haven't seen before.

• Which one you going with?

I agree... If I could afford it, I'd go quad... But NEED a body kit to match. Still looks like a tack-on, which there's nothing wrong with, gives you a chance to appreciate the hardware and engineering, but I just like smooth, clean looks... kev is showing promise with his rear fenders, but I still think molding into the rear tub is needed... My 2 cents (because again I can't afford it, 2 cents is all I got!)... 😆

• They say 2020 has been crazy, a few suttle changes in my driveway , I usually run the Slingshot out of my shop but when I do bring it home , the neighbors flock to it, " what the hell have you done now Adams " Before I answer, I.m thinking , oh yah, when did he see it last ?

What a year, from TrakHamr to Plus 1 , both great kits, both have their attributes !

• Sooo... you staying with plus one?

• Really was just wondering which quad kit you prefer now that you've had a couple 😁

Well I've been wanting to tool up for a design of my own for a while now but when the opportunity came along to get my own line branded by an experienced , very well equipped , chassis manufacturer, it seemed like the best compromise. .What I really like about the Camaro packages is the affordability. Being able to put kits out there unassembled, for those capable of doing it themselves, I believe will lead to the highest number of Quad Conversions out there. Time will tell , in the meantime we are all having a ball with these . You cant go wrong with either one actually