Double Din Radio???

• thank you sir, but I'm done. I have no idea where to look next

I was having trouble with the relay for my heaters not closing the coil . I was wrecking my brain trying to figure out what was wrong. Tried several different amp rated relays. Eventually during trouble shooting I noticed, when I checked voltage on the switched wire, the voltage was only 5v. I had used the factory ground wire under the dash for this and it turned out to be the culprit. Simple fix by running new ground straight to engine ground. This may be something you would want to check as well

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• Thank you sir, but even if I lived next door, I could not impose and have you guys try and fix my screw ups. Now if it was fixed and we were just hanging out,.. now that sounds great. Stay safe and enjoy.

I won't blow up my sling..... YET! I'll get it fixed by someone. I just don't understand how unplugging 1 radio and plugging in another created this. And then when I put everything back the way it was, I still have no radio. This won't be fixed until I can trailer it to an audio shop after the snow is gone. This is going to cost some money!

Not an imposition its what we all enjoy doing. So if you want to deprive us of our joys in life - we will forgive you. Cuz you are a Sling brother

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• sounds good bud, we'll try and set something up if this covid crap ends. My son, daughter and wife have it right now. I've been tested 3 times and still neg. Been in lockdown for 2 weeks. Stay safe

Hope they have a real mild case...wife was sick for 3 days and weak for about 3 weeks, all is good now.

• Double-check those fuses. I found out the hard way how easy it is to blow a fuse when connecting the wires when I forgot to disconnect the battery first. In my case, the radio worked but wouldn't retain any settings. I thought the fuses looked fine, so I replaced the radio and it, too, wouldn't retain the settings until I replaced the fuse for the circuit that powered the radio's memory.:rolleyes:

OK,.. WTF???? I checked ALL the fuses for the entire sling,... 2TIMES!!!! Today I plugged the new harness and radio in and for shits and giggles I swapped out the 25 amp fuse for a new one. The freaking radio started right up. I then checked the continuity of the old fuse with a multimeter and it is good. I don't care,.. I'm not putting the old fuse back in. My freaking radio works. OK, I lied, I put the old fuse back in and nothing, but it's not blown. Put the new fuse in and she is good to go. I checked the continuity of the old fuse again, and it's good. I got some bad mojo happening with that fuse so I threw it.

• OK,.. WTF???? I checked ALL the fuses for the entire sling,... 2TIMES!!!! Today I plugged the new harness and radio in and for shits and giggles I swapped out the 25 amp fuse for a new one. The freaking radio started right up. I then checked the continuity of the old fuse with a multimeter and it is good. I don't care,.. I'm not putting the old fuse back in. My freaking radio works. OK, I lied, I put the old fuse back in and nothing, but it's not blown. Put the new fuse in and she is good to go. I checked the continuity of the old fuse again, and it's good. I got some bad mojo happening with that fuse so I threw it.

Dafuq?

• Not sure what's happening here. When I plug my backup camera in to the new radio, I blow the fuse. Radio works fine when the camera isn't plugged in. I checked the new harness wiring,... which is plug and play,... it seems OK. The second I plug the camera in,.. bye bye fuse. Any thoughts?

• Not sure what's happening here. When I plug my backup camera in to the new radio, I blow the fuse. Radio works fine when the camera isn't plugged in. I checked the new harness wiring,... which is plug and play,... it seems OK. The second I plug the camera in,.. bye bye fuse. Any thoughts?

Are you using a new camera or one from Polaris? I wonder if Polaris used some odd camera wiring. IIRC, I read something along those lines, but I can't remember where.

• Just a shot in the dark, but do you possibly still have the old backup camera that was subject to a recall? https://www.polaris.com/en-us/…%20functioning%20properly.

Bill

Are you using a new camera or one from Polaris? I wonder if Polaris used some odd camera wiring. IIRC, I read something along those lines, but I can't remember where.

Yes, I still have the old Polaris stock camera. I did not have any issues with it before I switched radios. My dealer was going to swap cameras last year and said they had to order the new one,... I never heard back and did not follow up with it.

• I could not find the issue with the backup camera blowing fuses so I bought a new camera for $23. Works great and I wired it up so I can turn it on anytime I want,.. not just reverse. Radio and speakers work well so now I just need to put things back together. Thanks for the help guys

• I could not find the issue with the backup camera blowing fuses so I bought a new camera for $23. Works great and I wired it up so I can turn it on anytime I want,.. not just reverse. Radio and speakers work well so now I just need to put things back together. Thanks for the help guys

Hope you can make it to Maggie Valley for SSITS 21...