Double Din Radio???

• Double-check those fuses. I found out the hard way how easy it is to bow a fuse when connecting the wires when I forgot to disconnect the battery first. In my case, the radio worked but wouldn't retain any settings. I thought the fuses looked fine, so I replaced the radio and it, too, wouldn't retain the settings until I replaced the fuse for the circuit that powered the radio's memory.:rolleyes:

thank you sir, I checked every fuse and they are good. The sling starts up fine but the radio will not turn on. I checked to see if the radio wiring was getting power and it's not. Not sure where to go now,.. other then getting some gas and pulling it out back

• Does the radios use a positive and negative wire for power or is the negative through the chassis of the Slingshot? If you measure the positive pin at the connector to chassis ground are you measuring a voltage? If you measure the output of the fuse to ground is there voltage? If you have voltage at the fuse but not at the other end of the hot wire you got a open some where in that wire or a connector. I would check that wire for continuity. I would also check the ground wire at the plug to ground for continuity.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• You mean ‘wrap’?!

I would have said that, but when I saw it the last time, I took my key to the hood. If it really was a wrap, it would have peeled off. It just put a huge scratch all the way down the hood. :):):)

And that’s a WRAP!!!!

I can go long as y’all can...

:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• thank you sir, I checked every fuse and they are good. The sling starts up fine but the radio will not turn on. I checked to see if the radio wiring was getting power and it's not. Not sure where to go now,.. other then getting some gas and pulling it out back

You will get in figured out...

• Were you able to check the things I recommended? Do you have a digital multimeter if not you can get a basic one real cheap. If it was working before it has to be in the wiring or a relay since you checked the fuse.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• If I was near by I would be glad to look at it I have worked with electronics and wiring for 55 years.

thank you sir, but I'm clueless. In way over my head. I have a multimeter but have no clue where to look. Everything works on the sling except the radio,... new or old. Time to get a round or 2 of golf in. Thanks again and stay safe

• Told my wife if I don't burn it, it will sit in the garage and rot into a pile of rust.

So I guess inviting you and Dawn to join Terry and myself for a Slingshot cruise up the Maine Coast this Summer would be a waste of time??

(Unless the radio fixes itself, and you haven't moved to FL)

Think about it!!!!!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Shatneyman I know its a hike for you but if you can make it down to Slingshots Uncorked we will be happy to give you a priority spot during Saturday nights wrenching session. I am sure we can help you figure it out. Hell you could sit back and have a cold one while we take a look. The worst that could happen is you have a good ride good meal and time with good friends.

Just a thought since I know nothing about golf a can't figure out how that helps..:/

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Shatneyman I know its a hike for you but if you can make it down to Slingshots Uncorked we will be happy to give you a priority spot during Saturday nights wrenching session. I am sure we can help you figure it out. Hell you could sit back and have a cold one while we take a look. The worst that could happen is you have a good ride good meal and time with good friends.

Just a thought since I know nothing about golf a can't figure out how that helps..:/

Thank you sir, but even if I lived next door, I could not impose and have you guys try and fix my screw ups. Now if it was fixed and we were just hanging out,.. now that sounds great. Stay safe and enjoy.

I won't blow up my sling..... YET! I'll get it fixed by someone. I just don't understand how unplugging 1 radio and plugging in another created this. And then when I put everything back the way it was, I still have no radio. This won't be fixed until I can trailer it to an audio shop after the snow is gone. This is going to cost some money!

• So I guess inviting you and Dawn to join Terry and myself for a Slingshot cruise up the Maine Coast this Summer would be a waste of time??

(Unless the radio fixes itself, and you haven't moved to FL)

Think about it!!!!!!

sounds good bud, we'll try and set something up if this covid crap ends. My son, daughter and wife have it right now. I've been tested 3 times and still neg. Been in lockdown for 2 weeks. Stay safe