"Sweet Bike"

• I have now had my Slingshot as my daily driver for over 3 1/2 years and in that time it has never failed to get smiles and waves and questions almost every single day, but yesterday on my ride home I had one of the most enjoyable encounters I have had in a long time. I pulled up to a light and I noticed a young man. probably in his 30's, waving at me from the driver seat of the truck that was next to me. It was clear that he wanted to talk so I muted the radio and flipped up my face shield and said hello

"Is that a motorcycle?'

"Yes, legally it is classified as a motorcycle, but as you can see it really more like a car"

"how many CC's is it?"

"I'ts got a 2.4 liter Chevy motor" I responded, "but its doesnt have any of the airbags or smog or other BS that is required on a car" "That and the three wheels is why it had to be classified as a motorcycle"

At this point the light turned green as as we both got ready to take off this guy got a huge shit eating grin on his face gave me a big thumbs up and as I started to pull away he yelled

"Sweet Bike!!"

I love my Slingshot, and I still smile like a kid in a candy store every time I walk into the garage and see it waiting there. I also very much enjoy that even now more than three years into ownership it still grabs the attention of others as something they have never seen and something that they like, but yesterday really put a smile on my face

In all of these three plus years yesterday was the first time I can recall that anyone has ever told me it was a "Sweet Bike"

Anyway - I just wanted to share

It was nice to see and hear someone who seemed to know and understand what I feel every time I look at Cagefree or take her out for another ride - even if its just to get to work :love:

as a side note - I wouldn't be the least bit surprised If that young man ends up being a future Slingshot owner :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Yep, the Slingshot is still so rare around here it continues to draw looky-loos even after these nearly six years, and with the other local slingshots being sold out of the area, and without any nearby dealers, we continue now to be more and more unique! Even this afternoon on a lil tour of the local country side we had two vehicles pull over just to take a gander at us as we passed and waved!

Bill

By the way we got a lil warmer today, the temperature got up into the mid 40's!

bill

• Daily commuter? When my regular car was dying, I thought about springing for a top and a extended windshield and promoting the Sling to daily driver and then I remembered.... in Florida we have monsoons where it's hard to see 20' in front of you...

• Daily commuter? When my regular car was dying, I thought about springing for a top and a extended windshield and promoting the Sling to daily driver and then I remembered.... in Florida we have monsoons where it's hard to see 20' in front of you...

Yea - one of the advantages of living here is the desert is that I can actually get away with the sling as my daily driver - - so far I have only had one or 2 days each year when I havent used the slingshot to get to and from work and those days was usually because I had things to pickup that simply wouldn't do well in th slingshot

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies