Changing out antifreeze, best brand to use?

• I just bought the silicone hoses and expansion tank from DDM in the black Friday deal, and I am in search for the best coolant. I have searched the forum but only can find a post from a year ago on what coolant is the best to use, it ended in a heated discussion on what should be used with no clear answer and dexcool causing gasket damage. I ended up searching the web there has been a lot of controversy over the dexcool (Orange coolant) causing damage to the engine gaskets, further research points to the problem being fixed around 2009 by GM using new gaskets that were not affected by the dexcool. That makes me feel confident that my 2015 should have no issues with dexcool!

But I am still wondering what is the best coolant to use (brand)? I came across this website https://www.evanscoolant.com and this coolant looks incredible it does not use water as a component, so no chance of corrosion. Nice video on YouTube from Jay’s garage on this product.

I was wondering what the experts opinions were on using the evens coolant, or what would be the best to use when I refill my system.

Thanks for the help, you guys always point me in the right direction..

• Thanks, I will put my vac system into that hose and let it do its work. The vac system needs to be hooked up to an air compressor to work. Worked flawlessly on my Goldwing. Why the hell didn't polaris put on a radiator cap? It will be a learning process. Maybe I can use the plug and put it in the overflow tank. Does anyone know of a tool to compress the bango clips instead of pliers?

• I do not know where that BS about gasket problems came from. My 98 TA has had dex-cool in it since day one. The only time I have had a problem is when some JACK ASS puts some compatible anti freeze in with the Dex-Cool. From what I was told year ago was the Dex-Cool was better to cut down corrison on Alum. engine parts and the block.

• I do not know where that BS about gasket problems came from. My 98 TA has had dex-cool in it since day one. The only time I have had a problem is when some JACK ASS puts some compatible anti freeze in with the Dex-Cool. From what I was told year ago was the Dex-Cool was better to cut down corrison on Alum. engine parts and the block.

that issue happened when they changed the gasket material to some kind of plastic. You know how they make everything cheap to save a nickel....I have 3 vehicles right now....two have had the intake gaskets replaced and one needs to have it done.....my 3 vehicles are 2002.....search the net for GM gasket problems....and stand back...vehicles with only 35,000 have had gasket issues....the issue was and still is with the orange antifreeze....its technical middle name is acid......it eats the plastic....from things I’ve read about it....if you change from orange to green it magnifies the problem.....

it was developed for the aluminum parts....but it eats plastic....

• Yup trying to figure out the best antifreeze is like trying to figure out the best oil

Yes, what goes with cast iron/steel or Alum. and no matter what they say do not mix. ASK ME HOW I KNOW My best friend did not know any better either as long as it said compatible with and he runs a repair shop. He had to flush everything I own that he had serviced. I do not care what anti freeze that you use, My advice is DO NOT even mix brands and use only DISTILLED water to mix.

• that issue happened when they changed the gasket material to some kind of plastic. You know how they make everything cheap to save a nickel....I have 3 vehicles right now....two have had the intake gaskets replaced and one needs to have it done.....my 3 vehicles are 2002.....search the net for GM gasket problems....and stand back...vehicles with only 35,000 have had gasket issues....the issue was and still is with the orange antifreeze....its technical middle name is acid......it eats the plastic....from things I’ve read about it....if you change from orange to green it magnifies the problem.....

it was developed for the aluminum parts....but it eats plastic....

Hell just froze over.

I AGREE 100% WITH BD.