Why did you choose your quad kit over the others?

• so you said you have motocycle insurance through USAA? They told me they wouldnt insure motorcycles. I have had to get it outside from other companies since the dawn of time lol. I have been with USAA since 2000 and still cant do motorcycle insurance. I have had allstate for my sling

Same. Not that I don't like USAA, I do. It's been years since I had USAA. If I recall USAA insured motorcycles if you had it combined with an auto or home policy. That was while I lived in Penna years ago. But when I moved to NJ they flat out would not insure any motorcycles. Not surprising NJ insurance operates different and a few years back many companies refused to operate in NJ. It may depend on the state?

• Same. Not that I don't like USAA, I do. It's been years since I had USAA. If I recall USAA insured motorcycles if you had it combined with an auto or home policy. That was while I lived in Penna years ago. But when I moved to NJ they flat out would not insure any motorcycles. Not surprising NJ insurance operates different and a few years back many companies refused to operate in NJ. It may depend on the state?

I know nothing about USAA, but I do know that insurance is usually regulated at the State level with each State having their own Insurance Commissioner.

This is why when people ask "who has the best insurance rates for the Slingshot" the only answers that really have any meaning are from people who have dealt with insurance in the same State

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• so you said you have motocycle insurance through USAA? They told me they wouldnt insure motorcycles. I have had to get it outside from other companies since the dawn of time lol. I have been with USAA since 2000 and still cant do motorcycle insurance. I have had allstate for my sling

I've been with USAA for 33 years. Insured my Harley with them until I found out they actually use Progressive. Progressive claims customer service is terrible, and i should know...I worked in initial claims until I found out how they operate. I've checked State Farm, and Geico so far. I seek good claim service, not just CHEAP rates.

• I've been with USAA for 33 years. Insured my Harley with them until I found out they actually use Progressive. Progressive claims customer service is terrible, and i should know...I worked in initial claims until I found out how they operate. I've checked State Farm, and Geico so far. I seek good claim service, not just CHEAP rates.

agreed - - cheap rates may seem great, but if they dont have good claim service what's the point? Also some companies that might have good claim service will instantly jack you rates up or even drop you as soon as thy are done paying a claim

Getting good insurance is more than just finding who cost the least

• I have had State Farm since 1967. I am sure I am paying to much but their service is great and and claims is no problems.

I had State Farm since 1967 also until I found out they were charging three times the price than Progressive. What got me to looking was when I bought the 2016 Slingshot. I for get the actual numbers but the 2015 with State Farm was less than $300 per year, I tried to insure the 2016 with the exact policy they wanted almost $800 per year. Now I insure the 2013 Harley the 2015 and the 2016 Slingshots for less that $800 a year thru Progressive.

• I had State Farm for 40 years. After the last hurricanes I no longer deal with those bastards!! They all are gonna try and pay out the least they can when damages are substantial!! Good hands people my ass 🤬🤬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I had State Farm for 40 years. After the last hurricanes I no longer deal with those bastards!! They all are gonna try and pay out the least they can when damages are substantial!! Good hands people my ass 🤬🤬

This is kinda where I'm at. If I left something completely stock - sure probably wouldn't have half the issues I've had. I just never do that and when it comes time to do a claim even on stated value policies, I've had to fight tooth and nail to get even a fair offer let alone one that makes me whole. We had progressive through USAA and switched to safeco for the sling. Kid turned 16 last week and USAA wanted 293/mo for liability policy on a 2005 ford f150 with 204k miles.... So lost another policy we had with them. Still have rental properties and a few other things with USAA, but dang their prices and quality of service as I have know them to have is driving folks away... Just like they don't make shit like they used to, insurance isn't like it used to be and "good customer service" as we know it has changed as well unfortunately.

• I can tell ya the insurance business has taken a huge hit in past few years. As I expected, back in Louisiana, all the insurance companies have quit writing homeowner policies but two. The one I was with, Scottsdale, jacked my premium on one of the two houses I have left there to $12,437 a year. Insurance guy said they were doing that to everybody because they wanted out of Louisiana but didn’t want the bad PR of just dropping policies in mass quantities. Never been with Safeco in my life but they gave a much bigger quote than I was payin but half as much as Scottsdale. I’m figuring another couple hurricanes and everybody along the Gulf Coast will have to self insure or go with FEMA which is like not having any. Insurance is just like the government promise you the world and and ya get the shaft in the end !!! I’m pretty sure I’m starting to get the “grumpy old man syndrome” !! 😂

• I can tell ya the insurance business has taken a huge hit in past few years. As I expected, back in Louisiana, all the insurance companies have quit writing homeowner policies but two. The one I was with, Scottsdale, jacked my premium on one of the two houses I have left there to $12,437 a year. Insurance guy said they were doing that to everybody because they wanted out of Louisiana but didn’t want the bad PR of just dropping policies in mass quantities. Never been with Safeco in my life but they gave a much bigger quote than I was payin but half as much as Scottsdale. I’m figuring another couple hurricanes and everybody along the Gulf Coast will have to self insure or go with FEMA which is like not having any. Insurance is just like the government promise you the world and and ya get the shaft in the end !!! I’m pretty sure I’m starting to get the “grumpy old man syndrome” !! 😂

if you really think about it, the availability of homeowners insurance encourages people to build homes places where they would never even think of building if there were no insurance. building on a flood plain, building in the middle of a pine forest, building on reclaimed land that is below sea level with the only thing holding back God's ocean is some man made dike - - - - who the hell would do this if there were no insurance?? - - - I can tell you who, either the very wealthy who could self insure, or the very poor who couldn't afford any other place

• if you really think about it, the availability of homeowners insurance encourages people to build homes places where they would never even think of building if there were no insurance. building on a flood plain, building in the middle of a pine forest, building on reclaimed land that is below sea level with the only thing holding back God's ocean is some man made dike - - - - who the hell would do this if there were no insurance?? - - - I can tell you who, either the very wealthy who could self insure, or the very poor who couldn't afford any other place

With all due respect I think you may be used to the California coast and Florida. All along the LA, MS, AL coast are folks of all income ranges with generational properties they do not want to leave. I was fortunate enough after going thru 5 hurricanes in my life that I could afford to pull up stakes and move to the mountains. There are many that can’t or don’t want to give up. With the BILLIONS of dollars the government spends on non citizens seems to me that some of those dollars could be spent on helping those folks to have good affordable insurance in the event of hurricane catastrophe. Insurance companies could still get a piece for fire, theft, liability, etc. As it stands FEMA insurance is the worst thing ever -after Hurricane Rita a lot of FEMA reps were ran out at gun point. Just another example of our government failing its people!!

• if you really think about it, the availability of homeowners insurance encourages people to build homes places where they would never even think of building if there were no insurance. building on a flood plain, building in the middle of a pine forest, building on reclaimed land that is below sea level with the only thing holding back God's ocean is some man made dike - - - - who the hell would do this if there were no insurance?? - - - I can tell you who, either the very wealthy who could self insure, or the very poor who couldn't afford any other place

Here in Harris County, TX, most of the county is basically considered floodplain, but sometime over the latter part of the 20th century, a lot of land seemed to disappear from being considered floodplain and many folks were caught unawares after the last few big hurricanes this area has experienced in the past 15-20 years. Turns out if folks researched far enough back, the land was marked as flooplain, but was mysteriously reclassified by some of the developers who were also local government leaders. Naturally, they all denied any involvement in what happened and nothing could be proved.

I always check official FEMA records and terrain maps before purchasing to ensure my potential property is not in a floodplain and is high enough with respect to surrounding properties that it shouldn't flood under normal 100 or 500 year floods. Of course, this assumes factual data is available and someone never erased information from normal records. Title companies don't always do a thorough enough job.

• So are there any detailed ride/ handling posts about the various 4 wheel conversions? . i saw very little. Also can we have a sticky with the current vendors offering conversions so as easy to find?

Thanks guys/gals

• So are there any detailed ride/ handling posts about the various 4 wheel conversions? . i saw very little. Also can we have a sticky with the current vendors offering conversions so as easy to find?

Thanks guys/gals

Welcome to the forum - if you would like to hear from experts on 4 wheel conversions - call Dave at DDM Works or Kyle at ZZ Performance. They could answer ANYTHING you want to know about a Slingshot. If you need numbers PM me.

• Totally agree with what Mr. Bill said. Dave and Kyle (at their respected businesses) are truly the leaders in Slingshot conversions, but more importantly, they are there for you before, during and AFTER the sale. Customer service is huge in this industry. While i have not had the first hand experience dealing with Kyle at ZZP, but the times I've seen him, he was a real person - not just someone who is out for the bucks at all costs. I have however had the opportunity to meet and purchase items directly from Dave @ DDM Works. Dave is as real as they come. I was one of his first customers to buy anything for the Slingshot way back in January 2015. He has helped me out on more than one occasion when it was obvious that helping me with my issues was more important than a couple of dollars of profit by selling me something. I'd trust anything Dave releases for sale as I know he puts all his products through his own torture chamber. It doesn't go out to the market for sale until he has put it through the paces and is happy with the results. If in doubt, just give him a call and you'll see first hand that he's the real deal. So much so, once the stars align properly, I'm going to take a trip up to his shop in South Carolina and let him have at my toy to put some much needed DDMWorks love into it

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• The people that make the kits are undeniably experts on them, however, they will most certainly be biased. This will be especially true on their version. I think reviews, thoughts and experience of the actual customers and owners of the conversions can, and surely would be every bit as useful, if not more so.