Why did you choose your quad kit over the others?

• I know there are a few different quad kits on the market today. I have been in rabtech ear for the last month, picking his mind about performance, durability, and the ride comfort of his. I personally like DDM’s kit but think they all look good. I figured I’d give Rab a break and pick everyone else’s mind for awhile. Was it price, looks, personal preference, ect.... that finalized the choice for you. I was also wondering if anyone has driven all the different variations of quad kits and what your thoughts where.

• When the quad kits first came out, I felt they were too expensive at a typical price around $13K+. IIRC, the TrakHamr Corvette-based kit is priced in the $10K+/- range. In late 2019, DFKitcars developed their 324 quad kit based on aGen 5 Camaro IRS, IIRC. AllThingsSlingshot sell this kit as their Plus1 kit, with prices starting as low as $5700 w/o shipping o if you assemble everything yourself and also do your own painting or powder-coating or starting at $6999 for the pre-assembled and powder-coated kit to over $9K, depending on options. DDM Works also sells the DFKitcar quad unit as a DDMWorks product w/current BF sale pricing staring as low as $6300 (normally $6999) for the pre-assembled kit. The AllThingsSlingshot kit is drop-shipped from the Texas manufacturer, so if you can pick it up in Texas, you might save some money. AFAIK, AllthingsSlingshot doesn't do installations* while DDM Works does. * It seems kev has flown in and done some conversions for customers.

I'm in the process of trying to talk myself into or out of a quad kit, depending on how I evaluate my finances and can sell the Wife on it (my angle drive currently sounds as loud as my stereo at highway speeds)! A new angle drive costs in the mid-teens and may still develop problems later, while the qaud kits use automotive components with known reliability. I'm leaning towards the DDM Works product w/stock black sub-frame powder-coating with silver coil-overs and wishbones plus the upgraded 3.27 limited-slip differential. Since I have turbo, I think the 3.27 LSD should work better for me than the other gear choices and would be needed to better control wheel spin from a normal unlocked differential. The Black Friday pricing totals just over $7K for this, but I'd like to also replace the Bilsteins I currently have on the my Slingshot to match the rear coilovers that come with the kit, if I can afford the entire kit. DDM Works' BF sale ends Dec 1, so I need to make a decision soon! The angle drive is definitely the cheapest way to go, but I think the quad kits are supposed to turn the Slingshot into a poor man's Ariel Atom!

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• When the quad kits first came out, I felt they were too expensive at a typical price around $13K+. IIRC, the TrakHamr Corvette-based kit is priced in the $10K+/- range. In late 2019, DFKitcars developed their 324 quad kit based on aGen 5 Camaro IRS, IIRC. AllThingsSlingshot sell this kit as their Plus1 kit, with prices starting as low as $5700 w/o shipping o if you assemble everything yourself and also do your own painting or powder-coating or starting at $6999 for the pre-assembled and powder-coated kit to over $9K, depending on options. DDM Works also sells the DFKitcar quad unit as a DDMWorks product w/current BF sale pricing staring as low as $6300 (normally $6999) for the pre-assembled kit. The AllThingsSlingshot kit is drop-shipped from the Texas manufacturer, so if you can pick it up in Texas, you might save some money. AFAIK, AllthinsSlingshot doesn't do installations while DDM Works does.

I'm in the process of trying to talk myself into or out of a quad kit, depending on how I evaluate my finances and can seel the Wife on it (my angle drive currently sounds as loud as my stereo at highway speeds)! A new angle drive costs in the mid-teens and may still develop problems later, while the qaud kits use automotive components with known reliability. I'm leaning towards the DDM Works product w/stock black sub-frame powder-coating with silver coil-overs and wishbones plus the upgraded 3.27 limited-slip differential. Since I have turbo, I think the 3.27 lsd should work better for me than the other gear choices and would be needed to better control wheel spin from a normal unlocked differential. The Black Friday pricing totals just over $7K for this, but I'd like to also replace the Bilsteins I currently have on the my Slingshot to match the rear coilovers that come with the kit, if I can afford the entire kit. DDM Works' BF sale ends Dec 1, so I need to make a decision soon! The angle drive is definitely the cheapest way to go, but I think the quad kits are supposed to turn the Slingshot into a poor man's Ariel Atom!

The Black Friday sell was sort of the Icing on the cake for me. My Slingshot is currently at DDM’s facility getting some work done under the hood. I have been thinking about a quad conversion for the past year. Project 324 and trackHamr caught my attention (bullet speed was too rich for my pockets). Dave@DDMWorks came out with his version of the project 324 with DDM sprinkles while my slingshot was sitting at his shop awaiting parts. Like you, I decided 3.27lsd would suit my needs as I’m supercharged. I already have the DDM triple adjustable’s, so I’ll match the rear springs in red, silver control arms, and black frame. You will be able to sell your shocks and angle drive to help recoup some of the money but I’m not sure there is a market for swing arms🤔. I hope everything works out for you and your able to get it.

• I ran with the 3:27 gear at first for a little bit, I’m boosted also, on The Hi-ways it was ok but at lower speeds on hilly and twisty roads I had to keep it in lower gears than stock would be at.

Once I switched to the 3:45 ratio it was much better for me and my type of driving....

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• When I did my quad, we had two choices, Bullet and Trakhamr. Trakhamr had just had a sale that made it more affordable. I don't think you could go wrong between Trakhamr or the DFK. Any of them can be customized how you want it, just have to ask. Personally, Troy at Trakhamr is a pleasure to work with, his service/support before and after the sale are top notch.

I've customized mine with a big brake kit using WIlwood to match my DDM front big brake kit setup, Troy helped immensely with this, I think I was his first Wilwood setup.

I'm sure Dave@DDMWorks is working on his version of a big brake kit, but I haven't seen him mention it yet.

• I'm sure Dave@DDMWorks is working on his version of a big brake kit, but I haven't seen him mention it yet.

We have our first batch of 4 wheel kits coming in soon, we are installing one on our 2020 Slingshot and will then be able to complete the big brake kit for the back of the 4 wheel kit. It might even be offered in green ;)

• The reason I did the TrakHamr was that for me...it made the most sense. At the time there were only 2 real options and the TrakHamr seemed to be the more simple/reliable set up. I say this because you can literally walk in to any junkyard and pick up parts to replace stuff if you ever needed to. I have played with every bolt on the set up and know how the tweek the suspension in every way possible...and it was easy to lear. Now that I have had it for over 4K miles I couldn't be happier. Since I went with my kit a few others have hit the market and they all seem to be really good and the price has come down a lot on the kits. I really don't think you can go wrong with any kit you choose.

Also I am at the point where I just want to troll all the people that are ignorant enough to just say "wHy NoT jUsT bUy A cAr?"

People don't seem to realize that when you go 4 wheels...it's like taking the training wheels off a bicycle. You can turn in and out of corners hard and faster. You can actually push it to the edge and hang or obliterate much higher priced vehicles.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I have no personal experience with this at all, but just going on looks I prefer the 324 based kits the design of this kit seems to keep the wheelbase a bit shorter with the wheels tucked closer to the back of the tub - - to me it looks more like the slingshot came that way where as the Trakhamr & bullet speed seem to hang further back and look more like an after thought

Don't get me wrong, I would love any one of these kits and from an actual drivability point of view I have no clue which one is better or not

I simply prefer the looks of the 324 8o

As a side note if I ever did get one of these kits I would absolutely want / need to get some rear fenders on there, from what I have read those rear wheels can throw water in undesirable directions - - the fenders that Kev at all things slingshot is working on look very interesting and would be an additional advantage for going with the Plus1 kit for me

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was always on the fence with the first 4 wheel mod when they started coming out as my 1 wheel back there was taking a beating. When I saw the local shop design of the 3to 4 conversion, with the wheels tucked up close, well, that’s the look I’m glad I waited on, did not disappoint!
    Such a smooth ride and what an improvement in the traction area, not that 3 wheels was ever bad but I have been finally able to put down power down low.

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• I’m wondering how many quad kits are out there already. I’ve yet to see them in person. I was at Maggie in 2019 and didn’t run into one.

I do know that there were a couple around in Maggie Valley...but probably less than 1% have been converted. How many 4 seater Slingshots have you seen? There are quite a few around...again probably less than 1%. $$$ is just one of the reasons.

• We have our first batch of 4 wheel kits coming in soon, we are installing one on our 2020 Slingshot and will then be able to complete the big brake kit for the back of the 4 wheel kit. It might even be offered in green ;)

Can't wait to see what you have come up with.

I already have green brakes all the way around, what else do you have for me? :)

• As a side note if I ever did get one of these kits I would absolutely want / need to get some rear fenders on there, from what I have read those rear wheels can throw water in undesirable directions - - the fenders that Kev at all things slingshot is working on look very interesting and would be an additional advantage for going with the Plus1 kit for me

Water goes out at about a 45 degree angle out the back, nice rooster tails when driving. I don't get any more wet in the rain with 4 than I did with 3. Seems most of my wet comes from the front wheels when I turn left. I still have the stock fenders on the front, which everyone knows that they don't block that much water off of you.