So... I blue up the house!

• LoL! For EjFord (and others) no question about hiring this out - I wasn't gonna climb ladders. That chimney is more than 45 feet high! 🥺

We hired CertaPro, they did a great job. We also went for the best paint we could get, this paint job should outlast me!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Doc&Ruby I just used the Sherwin Williams SuperPaint at $35/gallon contractor price. I think that Emerald is a step up if I'm not mistaken. Painting houses is NOT the time to skimp on cost. With paint, you get what you pay for.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• Good excuse for you to buy a new Sling, Doc. I believe the '20's come in that shade of blue... 😉

With what he spent on the paint job he doesn't have money left for gas for the one he has. Retail price of the paint he used was over $90.00 a gallon.

Doc&Ruby I just used the Sherwin Williams SuperPaint at $35/gallon contractor price. I think that's a step up if I'm not mistaken. Painting houses is NOT the time to skimp on cost. With paint, you get what you pay for.

My go to Sherwin Williams product is Super Paint very good Product. Most contractors don't get much of a break on the Emerald products.

• With what he spent on the paint job he doesn't have money left for gas for the one he has. Retail price of the paint he used was over $90.00 a gallon.

My go to Sherwin Williams product is Super Paint very good Product. Most contractors don't get much of a break on the Emerald products.

That's about right. I believe the upcharge for this paint was about $4K for this job. Then again, its a relatively big house (3300 sq ft) and because it is on a hill, there's a lot of foundation; its almost like having a 3rd floor.

Paint crew chief told me they actually used significantly more white than blue - so I said: if someone asks, I can tell them to look for the white house with blue trim?" 😁

Took more than 2 weeks to get this finished - even with guys showing up at 8am & working through until 5 pm.

Paint crew guy was asking me after it was 80% done how I liked it - said I loved the color & workmanship of the job.

He confided that when they picked up the paint & saw the colors - the crew all rolled their eyes and said "Oh HELL NO!" But as they kept going, he said they changed their minds and everyone liked it. He called it "A bold choice!"

I'm just glad that the Captain likes it! ☺😘

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I have done two house this past summer in blue (probably same blue) and white but had a burgundy front door. After the paint job no money left for the new Slingshot.

• ^^^^^ Um... is that supposed to be music?

I'll take Glenn Miller or Maynard Ferguson any day.

Music? Oh, heck no, that was only intended to bring a smile to everyone's face. I thought you'd get a kick out of it. You're right, my friend, sadly, there'll never be another Glenn Miller, Maynard Ferguson, Billy Holiday, or Satchmo. The closest my wife and I get these days is Harry Connick Jr.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Sorry, I just couldn't resist... 😄

"Blue Man Group" Buy Tickets for Blue Man Group shows in Chicago | Blue Man Group  a different type of live production. Been Playing live in Chicago for 20+ years and now has several shows around the country. I've seen it twice in Chicago.

• "Blue Man Group" Buy Tickets for Blue Man Group shows in Chicago | Blue Man Group  a different type of live production. Been Playing live in Chicago for 20+ years and now has several shows around the country. I've seen it twice in Chicago.

Yep. Saw ‘em in Chicago also. They put on a GREAT show.

Warning: Do NOT sit in front 10 rows...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• "Blue Man Group" Buy Tickets for Blue Man Group shows in Chicago | Blue Man Group  a different type of live production. Been Playing live in Chicago for 20+ years and now has several shows around the country. I've seen it twice in Chicago.

We saw them in Vegas! 😁

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• ^^^^^ Um... is that supposed to be music?

I'll take Glenn Miller or Maynard Ferguson any day.

Brings back memories of my younger days. Every Sunday during dinner my dad would tune in to a radio program that featured the big band sounds. Recalling Glenn Miller and Tommy Dorsey (who was born in Shenandoah PA just a few miles away from where I grew up). I believe he did some work with Glenn Miller? At the time it was like torture but like most things as you get older an appreciation develops.