Brake seals fail

• So my turn at having the brake seals fail has come about. Sling is still driveable, but had it looked at today and the dealer has to get approval from Polaris first, then they can order the parts, then I can go back and have it repaired. What the Hell Polaris! You don't think a leaking brake system is important enough and easy enough to diagnose that it requires approval first? I expected it to fail at some point, but it just floors me at the ineptitude of Polaris on a known problem of multiple slings having this happen to, that they still require approval first! Wouldn't surprise me if they came back and said to mix in some Loctite! :00007956:

• I got the 3 year extended when I bought it for $600. Seemed reasonable depending on what expensive part failed, like the right angle drive maybe, or the 3 times already the rear axle bearings have failed would pay for itself easily. So with factory and extended, I'm covered for 5. I do know that there are parts where they may not cover due to mods or at least put up a fight about it. Anyway for just over $200/yr, I figured it was cheap insurance to keep Murphy at bay.

• I got the 3 year extended when I bought it for $600. Seemed reasonable depending on what expensive part failed, like the right angle drive maybe, or the 3 times already the rear axle bearings have failed would pay for itself easily. So with factory and extended, I'm covered for 5. I do know that there are parts where they may not cover due to mods or at least put up a fight about it. Anyway for just over $200/yr, I figured it was cheap insurance to keep Murphy at bay.

SJ, you might want to make sure what your extended policy says. Most 3 year extended warranties are just that - a three year warranty which is just one year after the factory warranty expires. A marketing ploy to sell more policies. Just make sure you bought a full three year policy that starts at the end of the factory 2 year coverage.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• SJ, you might want to make sure what your extended policy says. Most 3 year extended warranties are just that - a three year warranty which is just one year after the factory warranty expires. A marketing ploy to sell more policies. Just make sure you bought a full three year policy that starts at the end of the factory 2 year coverage.

It does, no surprises here. I normally don't buy these but it seemed like the thing to do on this one.